The we're almost done and some of us are already done Weekly Thread 8/5 to 8/10 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 12:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jillian- From my doula:
Quote:
- acupressure point bladder 67 (google it) - it's on the pinky toe, by the nail bed - for turning posterior babies, or any malpositioned baby

- homeopathic pulsatilla in a strong dose like 200C
And from the web:
Spinning Babies
OFP
Moxabustion (with good pictures) and other ideas for moving a babe

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#62 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 01:48 PM

Thanks Clay. I *think* that maybe she turned. I also just lost a massive mucus plug so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Last night I had an hour and a half long intense mini-labor so I think my days may be numbered.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#63 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 01:52 PM

J- I have a moxa stick if you need it!
#64 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 05:50 PM

We have a foundation!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I took the girls out for a drive in the hopes that one or more of them would sleep (and dd2 did! huzzah!) and when we got home they had just finished all the pouring and were cleaning up. It's the prettiest foundation I've ever seen.

And I'm in love with these contractors... they totally rock. They were willing to take on our small job, for a price we could afford, they've gone above/beyond (for example, they landscaped a huge chunk of yard for free "just because" they happened to have the equipment and figured they "might as well" since they were moving earth anyway), they've been amazingly sweet (amusing the girls, oooohing and awwwing over the stuffed animals dd1 insisted on showing them and waving at dd2 when she bangs on the window as they go by), and they've gotten this job done fast.

I am so impressed.... any ideas on a "thank you" gift for a contractor?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#65 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

I am so impressed.... any ideas on a "thank you" gift for a contractor?
They sound like they're worth their weight in gold! Wine is always a good stand by gift, but whatever you go with you could always have the kids write them cards or make them a silly craft. Generally that stuff is pretty cheesy, but it sounds like they enjoy the kids so maybe they'll appreciate the gesture.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#66 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 06:47 PM

This team is really amazing... when DH was still trying to arrnge things and the contractor couldn't get in touch with him by phone he (the contractor) actually came to the house to talk with DH! And he has just been so amazingly on the ball and friendly. Total opposite of the "stereotypical" contractor image, you know?

I know the head guy has a one month old grandchild so I was thinking maybe something "baby related", but with money being tight I can't really do a gift certificate and I don't know what sort of baby thing they might like.

Hmmm... I've been making little baby quilts for some mamas I know so maybe I'll gift one of those quilts and a bottle of wine (or maybe some of the local beers)? The crew is the head guy, his 20 something son, and two other guys who were here today to help with the pour.

#67 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 07:22 PM

WombatClay- Maybe you can make them a really nice lunch, or bake some homemade treats, hand made food goes a long way in my book, and makes a great thank you! You can also have the girls help or add a handmade card. I think its awesome you found such great contractors!

I am still in the what the heck is going on phase, I am guessing I am having BH's but sometimes I am just so unsure what is going on. We went and played mini golf last night to give me some fun walking around time, and today I went to the movies with Mom and Sister and then hit a local thrift store. I was thrilled to get 3 shirts, 6 kids books and a sling for just over $4 for all of it!!!! This thrift store is crazy cheap!!

I am still not sure when this little guy is going to get here, but I am beginning to think soon, though DH wants to finish the house remodel first haha! He needs to hurry up I think!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#68 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Thanks Clay. I *think* that maybe she turned. I also just lost a massive mucus plug so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Last night I had an hour and a half long intense mini-labor so I think my days may be numbered.
I'll be thinking of you, you are gonna rock! But, I thought you were one of my due date buddies...she might be that early?
#69 of 69 Old 08-07-2009, 08:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
I'll be thinking of you, you are gonna rock! But, I thought you were one of my due date buddies...she might be that early?
Thanks. Yeah I'm only 38 weeks tomorrow. This will be my earliest baby yet if she shows up this weekend. Not too much going on now, just random contractions that aren't too painful. I wonder what tonight will bring!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page