The we're almost done and some of us are already done Weekly Thread 8/5 to 8/10 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-05-2009, 03:40 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas! Some of have babies already. Some of us are still slogging through the final weeks. Some lucky ones are bounding through it and enjoying these last moments before the baby comes. And some of us just can't wait for it to be over.

New mamas, how are you doing? How is your babymoon coming?

Still-pregnant mamas, how are you holding up? What are you doing in these final weeks to treat yourself and prepare for your new arrival?

During this hormonal and physically demanding time, I am sending everyone some : Take care of yourselves, mamas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-05-2009, 03:50 PM

Well I'm positive some days and totally ready to have this baby whenever she is ready and then other days I am so impatient and in a bad mood.

But today I am feeling pretty good, we have been DTD this past weekend and it has proved to be a bit effective!! I am already 37 weeks and 2 1/2 cm dialated and 80% effaced and VERY LOW, my Dr. said she really can't get any lower then she is right now (until she's delivered of course). nd my BH contractions are getting intense and so is my cramping, hopefully I am on the home stretch and she will come this weekend. Luckily I don't have to convince my hubby to help me into labor and we are going to be doing lots of walking too!

I am so ready to have this baby girl, I am so done with pregnancy! I have enjoyed it so far but now I'm ready to this. My son came about this same time so I am hoping this little lady follows suit!! And I am thrilled my Dr. is very optomistic about a VBAC, so yay I'm happy.:
Old 08-05-2009, 04:01 PM

I finally bought diapers yesterday and they're now washed, sorted, and put away. So the rest of the week I'll be making crib sheets and onesies and a changing pad + covers. All the fun stuff!

I'm not 37 weeks until Friday, but my BH have been getting really strong and more and more regular so I've been trying to lay low a little until I get closer to go time. I'm perfectly happy to see her come 37+1, but not 37-anything. This is my first so this could all be just wishful thinking, but I really don't believe she'll be in there much longer.

I have a prenatal today, we'll do the GBS scan and I think while we're rooting around down there I might ask my midwife to check me. Or, I might chicken out because I don't want to hear that I'm not as close as I think.

So far it looks like we have a pretty cute crop of babies. Does anyone else find themselves compulsively checking to see if anyone new has finished the race and posted the pictures to prove it?

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 08-05-2009, 04:03 PM

Thanks for getting the thread going this week! My laptop got dropped yesterday (so no internet) and it's been crazy here!

I'll be 40 weeks tomorrow and I'm getting really fed up with pregnancy. The girls are soooo clingy and needy and I just don't have the energy or stamina to deal with it gracefully, you know? And there is one little spot on my belly that is INSANELY painful when pushed and of course my 2yo seems to find this spot every time... she just kicked me right on it and I actually screamed. Which made her cry. But it hurts sooooo much. The OB says it's caused by an inflamation to the round ligament (like tendonitis or a sprained muscle in terms of sensation/similar conditions) and the only "cure" is to deliver the babe and let the ligament get some rest. Most of the time it's a dull ache but if you push on it, yowsa! Not good.

I wish I was able to put more energy into being a good mama to the girls since I know it's going to get even tighter here, but I just can't. I feel like I'm already at the end of my rope and anything extra just pushes me over the edge.

I'm actually about to put them in the car and just drive in the hopes that they fall asleep. I'll bring a book and some seltzer water and hope for a quiet moment to myself by the side of the road or in a parking lot!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 08-05-2009, 04:12 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

I'm not the greatest parent either. I mean, I haven't been too snippy so that's good, but I'm just so inactive and they are so bored. I feel bad but, I just remind myself I am not going to be pregnant forever.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:17 PM

I'm still preg too, and only 37.5 weeks. I've been having trial labors just about every night now and patiently waiting for the real thing to happen. She's still posterior so I'm guessing that is why I'm having all of the start-stop stuff. I'm gonna focus really hard on turning her today so she's ready to go for the full moon on Thursday (a girl can dream, right?). Other than that I have every single pre-labor symptom in the book - frequent bathroom trips, pressure, frequent contractions, possible mucus plug loss, no more weight gain, loss off appetite, and the list goes on.

Hopefully that full moon will works its magic for us on Thursday!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-05-2009, 04:20 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Feeling very similar, Jilian. I keep thinking like "am I going into labor" but then finally they stop for awhile and I'm like oh, well that was fun. But really, it's making life kind of difficult to live!

I think my baby might be OP now too. She was halfway to LOA (laying kind of sideways?) but I think she changed position.
Old 08-05-2009, 04:31 PM

I have been having orange/pink/reddish discharge when I go to the bathroom since last night. At first I thought it was the EPO I inserted, but it is getting redder now. Is this the bloody show? If so, it is the longest, most boring show I have ever been to, lol! I'm ready to get this show on the road!!!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 08-05-2009, 04:42 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
I have been having orange/pink/reddish discharge when I go to the bathroom since last night. At first I thought it was the EPO I inserted, but it is getting redder now. Is this the bloody show? If so, it is the longest, most boring show I have ever been to, lol! I'm ready to get this show on the road!!!

sounds like bloody show to me.

unfortunately, the mucus plug can regenerate sometimes...so it doesn't *always* mean that you're going to go into labor right away, but it's generally a good sign that things are movin' along
Old 08-05-2009, 04:44 PM

I'll be 38 weeks on Friday: Feeling pretty good still, but my old friend heartburn has found me: I thought having my gallbladder out had done the trick.

It's weird because I still don't feel done. I seriously don't feel full term just yet. Maybe its because ds was a 43 weeker. I don't know. I guess I expect to feel absolutely miserable towards the end and I am not there yet. I have loads of bh daily, but not much else.

Good news is that dh is cutting back his hours on his 2nd job so he will be around more often now. Maybe that's what I've been waiting for.

I love seeing the announcements: I hope I get to respond to everyone's good news. If not, please forgive me
Old 08-05-2009, 05:28 PM

M, that is great that your H is cutting down his hours. I think she's waiting for that and she'll come out as soon as he's home more.

I don't feel as miserable or uncomfortable as the last 2 times either but I think it is a mental thing. I know it is my last so I'm feeling a little sad about it. It makes being uncomfortable more bearable.

Sunshyne, is is mucusy or just blood? If it is mucusy I vote bloody show but if it is more like a light period then I'd probably call the MW/OB and ask what they think.

Is anyone else obsessively checking the TP for blood these days? I am. I wonder if I can will myself some bloody show? I remember getting it on my due date with DS2 and it was right when H was leaving the driveway for work. I literally took off out the door and down the driveway after him to tell him the good news I still don't know how I ran that fast at 40 weeks preg but I did. He was like "OMG, you're bleeding?! This is bad, right?" : When he heard it was a labor sign I think he panicked even more. This time around he seems more anxious than I am to go into labor and he keeps asking if there is any blood.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-05-2009, 05:34 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Well, not obsessively checking the tp, but I definitely have been looking! Especially after I feel a weird gush of discharge (TMI, I know).
Old 08-05-2009, 05:36 PM

Hang in there girls!

I just keep reminding myself that once this babe is out, he's never going back in there... I am able to get a lot more done right now, even at 38+ weeks than I will be able to once he is delivered next week.

I think this is easy for me to say because I know next Wed. is my D-day, if not sooner. I am being induced at 39 weeks due to a dumb business trip DH has to go on 4 days later. I feel like baby is almost ready, I am 3 cm, 80 % effaced and he is super low!

I hope everyone is able to enjoy this for a few more weeks, all the babes will be here before we know it!

Now I am off to nap while my toddler sleeps.
Old 08-05-2009, 05:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Sunshyne, is is mucusy or just blood? If it is mucusy I vote bloody show but if it is more like a light period then I'd probably call the MW/OB and ask what they think.

Is anyone else obsessively checking the TP for blood these days? I am. I wonder if I can will myself some bloody show? I remember getting it on my due date with DS2 and it was right when H was leaving the driveway for work. I literally took off out the door and down the driveway after him to tell him the good news I still don't know how I ran that fast at 40 weeks preg but I did. He was like "OMG, you're bleeding?! This is bad, right?" : When he heard it was a labor sign I think he panicked even more. This time around he seems more anxious than I am to go into labor and he keeps asking if there is any blood.

It is mucusy, like regular discharge mixed with some color. Yay, bloody show!!!

It's funny how in the beginning we're checking our TP for blood because it is a bad sign, and now in the end we're hoping to see blood because it is a good sign!

Old 08-05-2009, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post
Hang in there girls!

I just keep reminding myself that once this babe is out, he's never going back in there... I am able to get a lot more done right now, even at 38+ weeks than I will be able to once he is delivered next week.

I think this is easy for me to say because I know next Wed. is my D-day, if not sooner. I am being induced at 39 weeks due to a dumb business trip DH has to go on 4 days later. I feel like baby is almost ready, I am 3 cm, 80 % effaced and he is super low!

I hope everyone is able to enjoy this for a few more weeks, all the babes will be here before we know it!

Now I am off to nap while my toddler sleeps.
Man. I can't get a thing done right now. NOT A THING. I can't cook, I can't walk, I can't do chores (if I even try I end up in so much pain that I end up even worse off for days). Just walking to the bathroom or to the kitchen is hard enough.

At least when the baby comes she will nap in short stints, and, in theory, I can sling her up.

Few more weeks!
Old 08-05-2009, 06:13 PM

T= 18 days till my due date. Been having prodromal labor for a week now. Yippee. I had this for almost three weeks last pregnancy, so trying to hang in there. Time has suddenly slowwwwwwwwwwwwwwed wayyyyyyyyy down. :

Been crocheting little baby hats since they go so fast for something to keep myself occupied, and watching lots of CSI since it actually gets my attention sucked into something other than baby baby baby while doing so. Attempted dying a few prefolds and onesies and things this afternoon, just excitedly pulled them out of the dryer, and YIPPEE, my bright cherry red baby boy stuff is barbie girl pink. Grrreat. What am gonna do with THIS?!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
Old 08-05-2009, 06:33 PM

I'll be 40 weeks on Friday and I'm starting to get really excited now. I still think we're a week off but he is super low (-1) so who knows. I am feeling confident and ready. The house is good to go and we have everything we need. I will probably freeze a few more meals for good measure.

I finally finished designing the birth announcements and did a test print. I spent the last two days pre addressing all the envelopes. All we need is to fill in his stats, take a cute photo and get everything printed. Is anyone else doing paper birth announcements?

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

Old 08-05-2009, 06:42 PM

Amanda I am somewhat in your shoes, and trying to enjoy this last bit of this experience, but I have to say if I had a D-date I would be sooooo much more patient!!

Right now I am editing the pictures my friend and DH took of me. I am happy that my Henna made it first through my first swim last night as I am trying to enjoy the pool while I can. I think I am going to run some errands today just to get some walking in.

Otherwise there are all sorts of activties going on this weekend that I would love to participate in, but I am a bit nervous because they would put me in the opposite direction of the BC. I could go to Catalina but a helicopter ride back to the mainland does not sound fun if something happens But the other event might work and would get me to do a whole lot of walking, but I am not sure of the two hour drive and would have to double check the distance to BC before I say yes. I would love to get one more fun day in before babe gets here and really changes things

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
Old 08-05-2009, 07:19 PM

The full moon is tonight!!!!! Let's have some babies, ladies!

:::

Old 08-05-2009, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Man. I can't get a thing done right now. NOT A THING. I can't cook, I can't walk, I can't do chores (if I even try I end up in so much pain that I end up even worse off for days). Just walking to the bathroom or to the kitchen is hard enough.

At least when the baby comes she will nap in short stints, and, in theory, I can sling her up.

Few more weeks!
Girl, I hear ya! It is getting worse everyday.. I find that if I sit for too long it is actually worse than when I am up and moving a bit, trust me I am slow and sore, no doubt.
Sorry you are in so much pain, it sucks!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:13 PM

Yes I'll fess up to checking the TP for blood I'm only 37 weeks today but I can't help myself.

I'm looking for stuff to do to pass the time. I hate feeling like I'm waiting around. I'm reading Julia Child's autobiography and got a hair cut and pedicure today.. I just don't want to do anything, but at the same time I don't want to just sit here. It's the same feeling I used to have as a kid, at the end of summer before school started and the right time of year too.

: for those of you in pain
Old 08-05-2009, 08:16 PM

The moon did the trick! Adelaide Mary was born at 3:25am. Oh man, mamas- it was a bear of a labor. Oy. My DS was 8.8 and baby girl was 7.15, but she felt like a ten pounder. I would have been in trouble without the birth tub.

Anyway, she nurses like a champ and she's already peed on me.

Thanks for a fun and supportive DDC, gals. I look forward to reading everyone's stories.

Lucy, mama to Silas and Adelaide
Old 08-05-2009, 08:18 PM

congratulations Quickbeam!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:23 PM

Oh wow!! Congrats Lucy!!! :

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

Old 08-05-2009, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quickbeam View Post
The moon did the trick! Adelaide Mary was born at 3:25am. Oh man, mamas- it was a bear of a labor. Oy. My DS was 8.8 and baby girl was 7.15, but she felt like a ten pounder. I would have been in trouble without the birth tub.

Anyway, she nurses like a champ and she's already peed on me.

Thanks for a fun and supportive DDC, gals. I look forward to reading everyone's stories.
Congratulations!!!!! How was it? I love the name!
Old 08-05-2009, 08:35 PM

So glad I'm not the only 37 weeker checking my TP....

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
Old 08-05-2009, 08:46 PM

Congrats Quickbeam!!! :::

Old 08-05-2009, 09:00 PM

Congrats Quickbeam!!

:::

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 08-05-2009, 09:51 PM

congrats quickbeam! :

We had mexican for dinner... at the same place where I had dinner the night before labor with dd2. We'll see if mexican food + full moon does the trick.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 08-05-2009, 09:56 PM

congrats Quickbeam.

nothing much happening here. Cramps have started but that is about it. I am due Saturday but honestly don't expect a baby until sometime next week. I was hoping the full moon along with my accupuncture would move things along a little. But I doubt it.

I am still working but my head or my heart is no longer in it. I am feeling pretty lazy and having a hard time concentrating. I am thinking that if there is no baby before Monday I will start my leave. I had planned on working until b-day but my mom comes in Sunday night and it would be nice to spend some time with her.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09

User Tag List