Bloody Show after Sex? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 04:10 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
So I am already 2 1/2 cm dialated and 80% effaced and I just had sex about 2 hours ago and have been getting intense BH contractions for the past couple hours like the past few days and I noticed blood streaked mucus. Is this bloody show and is labor coming or is it just because I had sex and is no big deal?
Hopefully it means labor is coming soon, but I could be wrong.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 06:57 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well it would be nice if that was early labor. You had better call me today sis!
#3 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 09:34 AM

Sex can cause bleeding and the mucus could be uhhh...something else if ya KWIM. But it is also possible that it is bloody show/mucus plug. The fact that you dtd right before it started makes it hard to tell which one it is.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#4 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 12:46 PM

ugh, the "something else" threw me all day yesterday. if it's show, it should keep being bloody and keep coming out.

hey, are you two really sisters? having babies at the same time?

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#5 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 01:53 PM

well I had what I thought was "something else" the entire night before labor and kept thinking "whoa... how is it STILL coming out?" and it was bloody show. had my baby the next day.

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 03:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooklynbabymama View Post
ugh, the "something else" threw me all day yesterday. if it's show, it should keep being bloody and keep coming out.

Luckily I've had a bit more this morning, maybe it really is the "bloody Show" but I'm still a bit unsure...
And yep we are SIL's but I live out west and Bluebird lives out East. I wish we lived closer, I'd love to cuddle her new little one

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
well I had what I thought was "something else" the entire night before labor and kept thinking "whoa... how is it STILL coming out?" and it was bloody show. had my baby the next day.
You just never know do you?? Every pregnancy/labor can be so different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Sex can cause bleeding and the mucus could be uhhh...something else if ya KWIM. But it is also possible that it is bloody show/mucus plug. The fact that you dtd right before it started makes it hard to tell which one it is.
True I'm hoping it wasn't from the sex, because this morning I had a whole bunch of Brown mucusy stuff which could be from intercourse and my internal yesterday morning...but then I had a bit more blood streaked discharge after that. I am so hoping this is it, and my stools were a bit loose this morning.
#7 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 04:18 PM

Quote:

SIL's! We sure are. This is our second pregnancy together, totally unplanned. Last one, all 4 sisters had babies a few months apart. Wish we lived closer to together though.
#8 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 08:03 PM

so awesome! and you guys live in my two respective go-to snowboarding destinations. actually, my dd is wearing her snowbird tshirt right now how fun that you have babies together, even if it's mostly virtual.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#9 of 14 Old 08-06-2009, 09:49 PM

Very cool! But don't you get weirded out thinking about your brother when she is talking about "something else." Now that would be ewww for me!
#10 of 14 Old 08-07-2009, 09:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Very cool! But don't you get weirded out thinking about your brother when she is talking about "something else." Now that would be ewww for me!
TOTALLY LMAO RIGHT NOW.. If she hadn't she sure is NOW...

OP: I would say the internal coupled with the sex may have caused the show. But they both may have kick started your labor as well. My midwife checked me on Sunday and the contractions started a few hours later. I had a baby Tuesday AM at 1:54. LOL Sometimes you just need a little NUDGE in the right direction!
#11 of 14 Old 08-07-2009, 09:23 AM

Hope to hear some news soon! And I'm totally jealous that you have a SIL here on MDC with you
#12 of 14 Old 08-07-2009, 09:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Well we talk about "something else" alot more during pregnancy, but it it different then. Like breast can be very sexual, but when a baby is latched on, it becomes very non sexual. So talking about sex during pregnancy is really non sexy. Do you get what I am saying?
#13 of 14 Old 08-07-2009, 12:21 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaturalMindedMomma View Post
TOTALLY LMAO RIGHT NOW.. If she hadn't she sure is NOW...

OP: I would say the internal coupled with the sex may have caused the show. But they both may have kick started your labor as well. My midwife checked me on Sunday and the contractions started a few hours later. I had a baby Tuesday AM at 1:54. LOL Sometimes you just need a little NUDGE in the right direction!
Yes I am thinking that myself because unfortunately no more show, and my contractions have slowed :
Maybe next tuesday I can get another nudge at my next appointment

Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiMami View Post
Hope to hear some news soon! And I'm totally jealous that you have a SIL here on MDC with you
I wish I had good news for you, but alas I think I might actually make it to 38 weeks, I really didn't think that would happen!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
Well we talk about "something else" alot more during pregnancy, but it it different then. Like breast can be very sexual, but when a baby is latched on, it becomes very non sexual. So talking about sex during pregnancy is really non sexy. Do you get what I am saying?
It's so true pregnancy is really the only time we talk about "it" a lot.
#14 of 14 Old 08-07-2009, 12:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
so awesome! and you guys live in my two respective go-to snowboarding destinations. actually, my dd is wearing her snowbird tshirt right now how fun that you have babies together, even if it's mostly virtual.
I never really thought about the snowboarding before
I bet you'll think I'm crazy when I say I've lived in Utah my ENTRE life and have never been to SnowBird

And it has been so nice being pregnant together and having babies around each other, it's so nice to always have someone to talk to. I wish we lived closer but alas I don't think that will ever happen.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page