anyone else overdue? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 11:42 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm 6 days overdue! ... thinking I might be pregnant forever!
I've had some mild contractions but nothing that ever builds to active labor. Also (TMI) my mucus plug must be replenishing itself because each day for the last week there has been tons of it.
I can wait patiently ... if only I might be able to find out how long I'll have to wait

anyone else?
#2 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 03:27 PM

Actually you are not overdue until 42 and 1 day, but yeah the waiting is so exhausting!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#3 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 03:40 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Today's my due date, so tomorrow I will be over-due. It doesn't seem like anything is happening to me either. I haven't lost any mucus and the baby is still high. However, this really isn't an indicator for me since my first baby never dropped until I was in labor. DS was 10 days past my due-date, so I might have another 2 weeks. The days go by.. It will be soon!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#4 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 04:44 PM
Banned

I'm not even due yet. The month isn't even half over and it seems like 90% of our DDC has had babies. It's painful to even check it lately!
#5 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 04:50 PM

Overdue? My due date still isn't for three weeks! Lucky you! At least you know you will be holding a babe within the week. Hope that helps a little
#6 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I'm not even due yet. The month isn't even half over and it seems like 90% of our DDC has had babies. It's painful to even check it lately!
I agree, it seems like a huge majority of the babies have already been born and we're only 1 week into August..

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#7 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 05:43 PM
Banned

I have two more weeks until my due date and possibly 3-4 weeks before I give birth. Gah. I can't imagine making it that much longer.
#8 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 05:46 PM

I'm 4 days past my due date and already I've gotten calls and neighbours asking me every single day if I feel anything yet. I know they mean well, but it's annoying and frankly, I'm done being prego myself as well. :

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)
#9 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 05:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWin View Post
I'm 4 days past my due date and already I've gotten calls and neighbours asking me every single day if I feel anything yet. I know they mean well, but it's annoying and frankly, I'm done being prego myself as well. :
I started getting these phone calls a week before I was due..

#10 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 08:34 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilWin View Post
same! ... and the next person who tells me that "she's just so comfy in there" is going to get punched
#11 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 09:15 PM

Ask me again tomorrow

Hoping to have a baby to hold in a week or so.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#12 of 17 Old 08-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
I started getting these phone calls a week before I was due..
Ugh... same here. :

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#13 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 11:55 AM

40+6.

last pregnancy i knew my date of conception. i added 40 weeks to that date, and that was actually the day my dd was born, though it was 6 days past my edd.

this time i only know my lmp, which was my third cycle pp. all three were crazy long and inconsistent. so if i use the longest chartable cycle, 35 days, figure conception on the latest day (for good measure and because i'm having a boy), and add 40 weeks, i go from an edd of 8-3 to 8-17.

i think i'm losing my mind.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#14 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 12:12 PM

Well... I was "due" the 7th.

DD1 was a 42+ week babe. I remember how hard it was, especially since I'd had a very complicated pregnancy and everyone had been assuming she'd be born early. I'd even had a tour of the NICU and been "prepped" for some of the difficulties we might face. So being prepared for a 36 weeker and then getting 7+ weeks of complicated pregnancy was haaaaaaard.

DD2 was just a few days past 40, but she arrived right on the day I had "picked at random" to put on the card that dd1 and I made to tell dh there was a babe on the way. The "picked at random" date on the card for this babe was the 11th, so we'll see what happens this week.

Although my care provider is willing to call me "40 weeks" again next week, none of the hospitals or care providers in my region will attend a vbac after 41 weeks (not even the homebirth midwife who does vbac or the super vbac supportive hospital). So while they're giving me another week of wiggle room, if I haven't delivered by my appointment on the 13th my options are to schedule a rc/s or plan for a serious "labor in the parking lot, go in demanding my EMTALA rights, get treated like a crazy person with CPS standing by" birth. I'm sort of trying not to think about that and am just planning on having this babe in the next few days!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#15 of 17 Old 08-09-2009, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I have two more weeks until my due date and possibly 3-4 weeks before I give birth. Gah. I can't imagine making it that much longer.
Shh, don't talk like that! I cannot bring myself to think in terms of weeks at this point. I'm due around the same time as you and I just keep taking it a few days at a time. I can accept being pregnant for another 2-3 days so I tell myself just a "few more days" then when those days pass I'm ok with being pregnant for a few more. But 4 weeks That thought horrifies me!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#16 of 17 Old 08-10-2009, 12:34 AM

Eleven days past my due date and counting. I second the 'feeling I'll be pregnant forever' statement!
#17 of 17 Old 08-10-2009, 01:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Shh, don't talk like that! I cannot bring myself to think in terms of weeks at this point. I'm due around the same time as you and I just keep taking it a few days at a time. I can accept being pregnant for another 2-3 days so I tell myself just a "few more days" then when those days pass I'm ok with being pregnant for a few more. But 4 weeks That thought horrifies me!
Yep. This is me. Exactly. "Due" 8/24 and if I just tell myself a few more days it's fine. But when I compare how I'm feeling everyday with how slowly time is dragging, it sounds like weeks and weeks of early labor which strikes fear into me. Hoo boy. :

Just a few more days, yep. That's it. No big deal. I can keep myself busy for a day or two!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page