We're there and almost there! Weekly chat 8/10-8/16 - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 137 Old 08-12-2009, 05:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Thanks all... feeling better today. I took the girls for a picnic after dd2's therapy session and enjoyed hanging out on a blanket under a tree while they ran around being silly. There is a nice children's garden here in a "free access" park so there are things for kiddos to explore (smelly plant garden, pretty flower garden, giant turtle named Gaia, etc) and I enjoyed being outside without having to spend any energy.

DH and I worked till about midnight (I held the flashlight) and the car now has new brake pads on each wheel. Not a "true" fix since the really does need to go into the shop, but a good enough fix to keep the car safe/legal for a while longer. And he is unlikely to forget that I'm not a fan of Indian food any time soon, so I guess yesterday's crabbies did have a few positive results.

I have my "second" 40 week appointment tomorrow (my care provider is "giving" me an extra week of wiggle room) but I know that they are going to have to pull out the "No VBAC after 41 week" speech and ask me to schedule a c/s for 41 weeks. Now, given the wiggle room, I'd actually be scheduling for 42 week c/s which isn't as "bad" in my mind since I'm pretty sure he'll be born by then. But it's no a stress I wanted and honestly, not a stress I expected given that this is babe number three and while babe 1 was a 42+ weeker, babe 2 was more or less on time. So I just sort of figured babe three would arrive in a timely manner too.

Ah well! Shows what happens when you make any assumptions in pregnancy/birth! Still, given how hard this babe worked to get himself conceived, you'd think he'd be a bit more active in getting out and about.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#62 of 137 Old 08-12-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post

DH and I worked till about midnight (I held the flashlight) and the car now has new brake pads on each wheel. Not a "true" fix since the really does need to go into the shop, but a good enough fix to keep the car safe/legal for a while longer. And he is unlikely to forget that I'm not a fan of Indian food any time soon, so I guess yesterday's crabbies did have a few positive results.
BTDT w/ brakes, LOL. And cracking up about the Indian food!

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#63 of 137 Old 08-12-2009, 07:24 PM

I've about given up hope. lol. He's been measuring two weeks ahead and we weren't sure about the due date to begin with, but I'm technically due today. I went to L&D to do a test the other day because I thought I was trickling(all day)... turned out to be pee. lovely! He's estimated at around 9lbs and I am just ready to have him out. His father is deployed and calling every 12 hours for updates and it's getting frustrating to have no new information. My MIL has been here with me for a week and a half waiting for him to come so she can help with my daughter and the baby... I'm frustrated.

**Jessica:Mommy to Laynie Claire 10/22/2007 and Ryan Wesson 8/14/2009: Loving my Marine Colt**
#64 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 11:07 AM

Sigh. First false alarm last night.

I started getting back to back contractions as I was putting ds to bed....then I went downstairs and watched an hour long show with dh, and I was feeling them the WHOLE time...thought about timing them but then I realized I was extremely tired and that I'd better get some rest if this was really happening. Went to bed with my headphones on, listening to hypnobabies(which usually puts me out for the night ), and got woken up at least 3 times by more contractions. So I was totally thinking it was the real thing; then I fell asleep for real, and here I am, still pregnant....

Today would have been great too, since dh's side of the family has several people with birthdays on the 13th. So practically the whole family is hoping that I give birth today. Ah well....

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#65 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*pisces View Post
Sigh. First false alarm last night.

I started getting back to back contractions as I was putting ds to bed....then I went downstairs and watched an hour long show with dh, and I was feeling them the WHOLE time...thought about timing them but then I realized I was extremely tired and that I'd better get some rest if this was really happening. Went to bed with my headphones on, listening to hypnobabies(which usually puts me out for the night ), and got woken up at least 3 times by more contractions. So I was totally thinking it was the real thing; then I fell asleep for real, and here I am, still pregnant....
Ooh that sucks! False alarms are not fun. I have been having contractions all morning and have been thinking how funny it is b/c the 13th is the one day I've felt like "noooo!" about. I don't like that number, lol. But at this point I'll welcome the baby into our arms no matter what the date.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#66 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 02:38 PM

Feeling a bit more positive today after spending the day with a friend and out of my house yesterday. Distraction is definitely the key at this point.

s all around.....

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#67 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 03:16 PM

Home from the appointment... 3cm/soft but still mostly posterior cervix. He is head down and in a good position though so I agreed to a membrane sweep and am hoping! Drinking my RRL tea, munching on pineapple, staying upright.

With dd2 I had a sweep at my 40 week visit (which was actually a day or two after my 40 week date, I was 2cm/60% effaced), went for a walk, had some mexican food for dinner, and dd2 was born roughly 24 hours after that visit. So I have precedent, right? I'll just not think abotu dd1 (where I had a sweep every week starting at 39 and she still didn't arrive till 42+ weeks).

Since this is a sort of wink wink nudge nudge "40 week visit" they do want me back on Monday for a NST and possibly a quick u/s to determine what position he is in or if his mad spinning baby routine has caused any potential cord wrap problems (both my last labors has sPROM so cord prolapse is a possibility, cord wraps are usually fine and not something anyone should worry about).

I went out to the shed to get the breast pump though and...errrr... I've got to go get a new one. It was packed up nicely with all the bottles and storage stuff but somehow the mice got in. Poop on everything and a "former mouse" that liked the place so much it decided to stay. I hadn't used the pump in close to a year and a half so there wasn't much left of said mouse, but even with massive sterilization there is just no way I could use that pump!

Guess the nipple stim will need to wait a while. Ick!

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#68 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 04:16 PM

I just had a sweep as well.

My stats were about the same as yours, Wombat.

3cm, very ripe, head low, waters bulging.
I got a sweep and now we wait. I'm only 38+ so I'm not banking on it. But DD was early, so you never know.

With DD I had a sweep (was 1cm), lost my plug the next day and went into labor the day after.

Fingers crossed. I am so very ready to be done as long as the baby is!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#69 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 04:30 PM

It looks like a few of us are getting impatient. Hopefully things kick in for you wombat and mouso!

I am super down today as this is the day I had hoped to have this guy, but it looks like nothing is going to happen. It seems like most everyone thinks I am going to go closer to 41-42 weeks. I am not sure if I can take this much longer. I am just so down today, and doubt any one will read this, but I am trying to be up beat, but with only off and on contractions I think this is never going to happen. Yes I know its completely illogical but I think I am never having this baby and I am beginning to lose faith in my body all together. I need to find some food and nothing looks good here ugh!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#70 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 04:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankgirl136 View Post
It looks like a few of us are getting impatient. Hopefully things kick in for you wombat and mouso!

I am super down today as this is the day I had hoped to have this guy, but it looks like nothing is going to happen. It seems like most everyone thinks I am going to go closer to 41-42 weeks. I am not sure if I can take this much longer. I am just so down today, and doubt any one will read this, but I am trying to be up beat, but with only off and on contractions I think this is never going to happen. Yes I know its completely illogical but I think I am never having this baby and I am beginning to lose faith in my body all together. I need to find some food and nothing looks good here ugh!
Thanks. I am trying to be kinda patient but with feeling sick I just cannot wait to feel normal again since feeling awful since December.

When's your EDD? I'm guessing now?
I hear you. And the contractions must be maddening!
Can you take a walk to a store (to maybe get things moving more) and buy yourself something really yummy to eat as a treat?

Lunch and a BIG, fat dessert. :

Hang in there! :

#71 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 04:45 PM

Quote:

I'm so sorry that you are super down today. I felt like that on Monday. Today is my actual due date although all four of my current kids have come late - ranging from 2 - 10 days past EDD. I would not mind having him today but so don't count on anything at this point. I get the "everyone thinks I'll go closer to 41-42 weeks". It just plain sucks and I, too, feel like I'll be pg forever even though I know it's not true. But that doesn't change the feeling you and I have (and many others I know here). I also have on and off ctx and am not planning on doing any dilation checks at all so have no clue (good or bad) how my body is doing. It just feels so surreal that I will actually go into labor at some point. Why oh why do ALL of my babies like to bake longer than my EDD?! And this is with *knowing* my dates are totally right since I chart. The end of pg sucks!! Hang in there and know that you are not alone in this what I call "prebirth depression".

Robin and dh-Mark married 1997
Kiana - 1999, Quinn - 2002, Ciela - 2004, Carina - 2006 and Sullivan born 8-18-09
#72 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 05:17 PM

For anyone who checks their own cervix...can you actually feel the head behind it (like, through the wall)? I felt what feels like a head, but that's never what I thought the midwife meant by "there's the head" with my last one. I thought it was actually like, poking out through the cervix, haha.

So...am I really feeling a head? (feeling stupid right about now...)

#73 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 07:38 PM

Well, we'll see what happens... I'm 41 weeks (though my care providers are calling me 40 again to give me an extra week before the real c/s pressure kicks in). The NST and U/S on Monday will be the "c/s speech" appointment as well. I managed to avoid it today, but I really really really want this munchkin in my arms before that next visit!

The bloody show tapered off and contractions haven't picked up beyond my now normal prodromal level but I'm staying up beat. I just have to believe I'll have had this babe by Monday! And there's a kick butt sale at a local thrift store tomorrow and it would be nice to go. And then my SIL and her family are arriving to spend the weekend with my MIL (who moved here just a month or two ago)... the thought was they'd be hear to meet the "1-2 week old babe" as well. But it would be easier at this point to just stay pregnant for the visit. Especially since MIL is supposed to watch the girls while we're in hospital and it would ruin her visit with her own daughter if she was sort of tied down to the hospital/hotel.

But honestly? If he wants to come today I'm ALL about that!

#74 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 08:26 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
For anyone who checks their own cervix...can you actually feel the head behind it (like, through the wall)? I felt what feels like a head, but that's never what I thought the midwife meant by "there's the head" with my last one. I thought it was actually like, poking out through the cervix, haha.

So...am I really feeling a head? (feeling stupid right about now...)
Yup, that sounds like the head you're feeling. I tried to check my own cervix several times (the only thing I could actually tell was that my cervix was effacing) and I could always feel the head through the side of my vaginal wall. It would go up and down some depending on when I checked and how I was sitting.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#75 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 08:44 PM

Quote:

I think you have every right to be down. You have worked so hard at staying up beat for most of your pregnancy that I think it is only fair that you let yourself get upset, too. I am only 38 1/2 weeks and I haven't had any labor teases and even I am getting a little anxious. I can't imagine being term and having had several bouts of what seems to be false labor.
Just try really hard to spoil yourself these last few days, and you know that little bebe isn't going to stay in you forever. Hope you are feeling a little better this evening, mama.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#76 of 137 Old 08-13-2009, 10:39 PM

I think I am going to join all of you in the "I am so done with this crap" party. I am super down today. DH is pissing me off and I really don't feel like he cares. I am not feeling the love and that is making me really upset.
Seriously, closing in on 41 weeks and no indication that anything is happening. I was checked today and there was no change at all in 2 weeks.

I guess I should feel happy that I am not uncomfortable or in pain. I still sleep fine etc. But my mom is here and my MW is going on vacation so I feel a deadline looming. I am so done with this.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#77 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 12:30 AM

I second the for all the mamas that are feeling done. Hang in there, guys. It may seem like forever but it really won't be long now!

Had a MW appt today and I was 1 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. So, there's been some progress at least! And when she checked me, she said she could feel the head , which I thought was so cool.

I have a feeling it's going to be sometime next week, probably soon after the 41 week mark(Wednesday). Maybe she'll be a new moon baby...

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#78 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 08:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
DH is pissing me off and I really don't feel like he cares.
Yeah, me too. Well, it comes and goes, but mostly no one else understands how miserable this last month is except other preggos. It's so hard.

#79 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 10:38 AM

I lost two big globs of the mucous plug yesterday (not that that really means anything) and I am FINALLY having contractions I can feel so hopefully this mean things are starting.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#80 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 12:11 PM

Having vague cramping and also just lost a hideous ol' bloody clump of mucus this morning.
I had a sweep yesterday and am wondering if b/c it was "bloody" does that mean more than just plain old mucus plug.
Or can it still regenerate?

Thanks!

ETA: answered my own question! You know you belong on Mothering when 80% of the time you do a Google search you get a Mothering thread as your result!
http://www.mothering.com/discussions...d.php?t=487394

#81 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 12:16 PM

Exciting about the mucous, last two posters!

I have yet to see mucous/bloody show, but yesterday I was having lots of contractions...which was nice b/c I hadn't had any (noticeable ones) in several weeks. However, they have disappeared since...but at least I feel like *something* is happening.

#82 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 01:17 PM

Good luck Lisa, Mouso and Raene!!!

Sending happy and healthy labor vibes your way :::

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#83 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 01:46 PM

Thanks Michele hope your good vibes do the trick. I've lost more mucous in the past couple of hours but like Mouso mentioned it can just regenerate. Though at the stage I am I hope not! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and I have to say I am starting to get a bit impatient now. I'm taking multiple walks a day all of which lead to crampy contractions but I feel like so in the dark about what is going on. I'm doing my best to let go of my expectations and trust the process. It's getting harder to do though.

#84 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 01:55 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
I lost two big globs of the mucous plug yesterday (not that that really means anything) and I am FINALLY having contractions I can feel so hopefully this mean things are starting.
Yay! Can't wait to see your baby and all the great photos!!!
#85 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 02:04 PM - Thread Starter

I have this thread open in like 5 windows on two different computers. So, I always mean to reply to everyone but I don't.

Anyways, I cried a lot this morning. I did not get any sleep last night and I am just so tired and I feel like dh could be doing a lot more and he just is not. Two of my girlfriends have really shown up for me in the last week, though, and I feel so supported by them and that makes all the difference.

Last night was our 5 yr anniversary. We went out to eat and then walked down Pearl St and went to some art galleries to find a sun to put over our bath for the birth. Well, everything was way expensive, but we did find a tree that looks just like my henna tree! So we got that and it looks beautiful.

We had had a big fight while he was painting the bathroom a few months ago, so this was our way of bringing good energy and love to the bathroom.

Am 38w1d. Yesterday my midwife could hardly get to my cervix, it is so posterior. I still think I will have this baby early next week, though. It is time.

I am hanging in there....
#86 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 02:09 PM

So, I had decided to stop my self inflicted pity party. Get on with my life and just accept that I bake babies longer than most people. That was until I came here and saw the updates of people due several weeks after me possibly having something happen. I know I am being unreasonable but darn it, me first

My midwife just started a blog and her entry for this week was about patience because she has 3 of us due now. I am supposed to go first but with my luck I will be last. She is learning patience with us as she is 4 months into her new home birth practice and just starting to get multiple women due at the same time. I am trying to practice patience as well. Today we went for an hour walk in the woods with plenty of hills which was nice and then I had an accupunture appointment. Sitting down eating a pineapple while chatting with friends before starting a baking marathon. I planned a nice dinner for tonight and even picked up DH a bottle of good red wine. I don't drink red so it is an even nicer gesture than if i had bough a 6 pack of beer. So, as you can see I am really trying. Happy thoughts

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#87 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 02:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
So we got that and it looks beautiful.
Sounds lovely! Will you be posting pics of it?? :

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
So, as you can see I am really trying. Happy thoughts
I think you are doing awesome! It's really hard not to get frustrated and discouraged.

#88 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 03:04 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
Thanks Michele hope your good vibes do the trick. I've lost more mucous in the past couple of hours but like Mouso mentioned it can just regenerate. Though at the stage I am I hope not! I'm 41 weeks tomorrow and I have to say I am starting to get a bit impatient now. I'm taking multiple walks a day all of which lead to crampy contractions but I feel like so in the dark about what is going on. I'm doing my best to let go of my expectations and trust the process. It's getting harder to do though.
Just keep walking! This is pretty much how my labor went as well.. The more I moved the more crampy contractions I would get. My contractions started at about 8:00pm on the 10th, so I decided to go to bed just in case. They stayed pretty much every 10-20 minutes all night (easy to get through, but kept me semi awake). I called my midwives at 9:00am and told them that something might be happening.. Everything went really slow all day, but they were certainly more intense if i kept moving (but still easy and manageable). I started losing mucus around 4:00pm, so I knew something was actually happening in there.. At 6ish my water broke. I called my midwives at 7:00, she came at 8:30. She didn't think anything was going to happen soon because I was still really chatty and moving around. At 9:00 things started to ramp up and I had to really focus through cnx. Around 10:40 I went into transition in one cnx, they started every 30 seconds and were bad!. I got into the tub (which had previously stopped my labor 2 hours before). I had the immediate urge to push and she was born 15 minutes later. All told I only had 2-3 hours of active labor and 20 minutes of real, painful labor..

It really did help my labor to be up and walking. I did laps around my house for hours.. Your baby will be here soon and you too will be typing with one hand and nursing a baby!!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#89 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 03:29 PM

Pernillep first yeah I think at this point in the game a lot of us need to be reminded of patience. Yesterday I posted about stuff on my Facebook and after seeing how many of my friends went really early (3-6 weeks), with complications and c-sections, I figured if I have to go a little late and get the natural water birth I want (and a better chance of no issues for Babe), then I guess I can suck it up and wait. I definetly think you and Coconut Cronicles should go next I mean it is your turn , but can I be right after you two

Thank you guys for your kind words yesterday. I decided to go get out of the house, I went to a few thrift stores and found a few cool things. This baby is going to have the largest library before he even gets here! I love books and between what I had (I collect fairy tale and myth books), the ones from our shower, and all the great books I have picked up it is going to be crazy! But at a quarter each how can I resist

We also went out to dinner last night at a local Persian place to see some of my friends and classmates belly dance. I was so jealous I really hope I can preform again soon. But I did get up with many people and dance the last free for all song. It was funny seeing some people's faces. It was fun and felt good. I swear at this point if I have to I will shimmy this baby out!

I am off now for a massage I REALLY need!! Baby vibes for all!!!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#90 of 137 Old 08-14-2009, 03:32 PM

Up-8s and down-8s are perfect for dancing the babe out... especially if you don't have stairs handy for stair walking.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page