Forum Jump: 

#121 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 09:26 PM
Banned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
What is it about the third babe? I know Jilian's been having positioning issues, and you and I are false alarming... I think my doula is convinced I've lost my mind I've sent her so many emails!
Jilian's baby turned! :

Yeah, I'm getting a lot of BH contractions. I've NEVER had regular BH contractions that are so strong. Ever. They have petered out a lot in the last few days, though. Which I guess is nice, for just getting around. But yet somehow disheartening. I'm 39 weeks and other than some obsessive nesting, I really don't have any signs of labor.

I'm tempted to make DH sperminate me but I'm not sure it's worth the trouble
#122 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 09:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
Exactly.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#123 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 10:03 PM

Well, I'm on #2 and I have no idea what's going on either!
With DD I started contractions, they progressed, baby 10 hours later.

My M/W now agrees my water is broken. It was just semi-pouring out of me onto the floor a few hours ago after leaking for about 24 hrs now, but besides a few random contractions- NADA!

Who knows what's happening in there. I give up.

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#124 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 10:21 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouso View Post
Well, I'm on #2 and I have no idea what's going on either!
With DD I started contractions, they progressed, baby 10 hours later.

My M/W now agrees my water is broken. It was just semi-pouring out of me onto the floor a few hours ago after leaking for about 24 hrs now, but besides a few random contractions- NADA!

Who knows what's happening in there. I give up.
Broken water has to count for something!! : It'll happen mama, just hang on. Maybe try going for a walk to get things going?

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#125 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 10:49 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post

See we totally went there today. At his request. I think he is getting as impatient as me.
Seriously, whoever said the 2nd (or following) would be earlier/faster were lying. 41 weeks today and no signs of anything. Nada.
Well other than I just ate a ton of chocolate and now he is hyper.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#126 of 137 Old 08-15-2009, 11:17 PM

I had dh give me a prostiglandin injection - it was homework from the midwife I've been having some crampiness and tightening since but I don't think it's going to develop into anything. My back is hurting, which I'm taking as a good sign.

: for Jillian's babe turning!
#127 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 12:27 AM

Well, I easily walked over two miles through the course of today, even though my pelvis totally hates me now. I swear it feels like it is going to separate into two, but that's ok... it was totally worth it. I am determined to walk this baby out of me. and after having a week off to do nothing for the first time since God knows when, I feel that I have gotten a little lazy. Today made up for it for sure.

I'm still not having any pre-labor signs, so, I hope that when my labor does start, it'll just comes out of nowhere. At least my mom isn't coming out until two weeks after my EDD, so, I don't have to worry about any pressure of making things happen by a certain point.

Let's hope I get to walk just as much tomorrow.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#128 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 01:50 PM

Quote:
I feel a bit dorky about calling a false alarm on babe number three (you'd think I'd know the real thing by now, right?) but as DH pointed out, it's up to Tor and we had good reason to think yesterday was going to progress.

Ah well, we'll see what happens!
Don't feel silly, I wasn't sure we were even having a baby until like and hour and half before he was born.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#129 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Banned

"We are ALL going to be holding our babies within one month. No exceptions. In just a few weeks, we will ALL have our babies. Is that a little bit comforting at all?"

Spring Sun, you are right. But no, it's not comforting. I hate to say it. The thought of going a few more weeks seriously makes me want to sit down and cry. I can't sleep, I can't walk, I'm in pain all the time, I'm swollen, I can't even shave my own darn legs. I am so beyond done. Every day feels like a year. Yeah, I know it won't last forever and I really am trying to cheerily ride it out. But uh, most of the time I am not so cheerful.
#130 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 03:16 PM - Thread Starter

I am sorry mama! At least you know you never have to go through this again. Don't you wish the pain coul djust be evenly distribulted aoung all pregnant women? I would take some for you!
#131 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
I am sorry mama! At least you know you never have to go through this again. Don't you wish the pain coul djust be evenly distribulted aoung all pregnant women? I would take some for you!
Heh. I'll live. I will just be a little grumpy about it.

And, I keep reminding myself every time I see yet another person's birth announcement that if yet another person due around the same time as me had a baby, that means I will be having a baby soon, too.

Though, right now? It feels like it will never happen.
#132 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 05:35 PM

Quote:
Don't feel silly, I wasn't sure we were even having a baby until like and hour and half before he was born.
thanks! We're home now... we couldn't afford to keep hanging out at the hotel.

I think that is actually where some of my stress is coming from... we're 45 minutes from the hospital here (the hotel is less than 10 minutes) and it will take my MIL at least an hour to get to the hotel. My doula will take about 45 minutes to reach the hotel or about an hour to reach the hospital. So I feel like I need to be really on top of things or we could end up in a "bit" of a mess.

My other births were pretty straightforward in terms of "now you're in labor" so this is really throwing me!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#133 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 06:58 PM

Quote:

My other births were pretty straightforward in terms of "now you're in labor" so this is really throwing me!
Well, I've only had one other birth, but, yeah!

We are now almost at 48 hours since my water broke. My M/W is calling me back and I am going in for an NST and fluid check. I have some hardly painful irregular contractions every once in a while! ...what the #$%! IS GOING ON HERE?

And everyone asking me about baby movement is making me paranoid and he is not moving as much in the last few hours so I really want to go in and be sure everything is OK.
I started crying at the mall food court earlier with DH, I've started to get worried now. But people have broken water for longer than this, right?

I am so against getting induced but at this point I'm desperate to have this baby out safely. I was so calm with DD, I have no idea why I am starting to panic.

OK, breathe in, breathe out.

#134 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 07:06 PM

Big hugs Mouso. Hang in there! I was in tears during the drive home myself... I know that I only have until Wed to have a shot at a vaginal birth and I was (am) just so disappointed in myself. I was positive I'd have had Tor by now...

With dd1 there was close to 24 hours between my water breaking and contractions starting. So I know what that tension can be like. (and given how much Tor has been spinning, I'm actually really interested in tomorrow's u/s to check the cord... the fact that I get huge, regular, cervical contractions for 3-4 hours and then nothing and then back to the contractions just has me nervous). Anyway, try to rest and stay hydrated. I used up a lot of energy waiting for contractions to start (I walked close to 5 miles during the wait, not to mention the plain old nervous fidgeting and emotional energy being burned) and in retrospect I really should have been resting. Try taking a warm shower, getting a shoulder or foot rub from your partner, reading a familiar book or magazine, and having something soothing to drink.

Hang in there!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#135 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 09:24 PM

Quote:
Big hugs Mouso. Hang in there! I was in tears during the drive home myself... I know that I only have until Wed to have a shot at a vaginal birth and I was (am) just so disappointed in myself. I was positive I'd have had Tor by now...

With dd1 there was close to 24 hours between my water breaking and contractions starting. So I know what that tension can be like. (and given how much Tor has been spinning, I'm actually really interested in tomorrow's u/s to check the cord... the fact that I get huge, regular, cervical contractions for 3-4 hours and then nothing and then back to the contractions just has me nervous). Anyway, try to rest and stay hydrated. I used up a lot of energy waiting for contractions to start (I walked close to 5 miles during the wait, not to mention the plain old nervous fidgeting and emotional energy being burned) and in retrospect I really should have been resting. Try taking a warm shower, getting a shoulder or foot rub from your partner, reading a familiar book or magazine, and having something soothing to drink.

Hang in there!
Thanks! You too!

I am back form my NST and everything looks fine. My M/Ws are really chill about letting you just go with broken water as long as you have no fever . They offer induction if you want.
She was saying that sometimes when the water breaks early the body spends a few days "catching up." She said I could try castor oil if I wanted.

Anyone ever done castor oil? I am a soapmaker so I have some on hand but hear it's awful.

Anyway, I am much calmer now and trying to relax and let labor come when it's ready. And- great news- they weren't letting anyone under 12 in the hospital due to swine flu but they've just relaxed that and siblings are allowed! That is a huge weight off my mind!:

Hang in there, mamas!

#136 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 09:38 PM - Thread Starter

#137 of 137 Old 08-16-2009, 10:28 PM

Quote:
thanks! We're home now... we couldn't afford to keep hanging out at the hotel.

I think that is actually where some of my stress is coming from... we're 45 minutes from the hospital here (the hotel is less than 10 minutes) and it will take my MIL at least an hour to get to the hotel. My doula will take about 45 minutes to reach the hotel or about an hour to reach the hospital. So I feel like I need to be really on top of things or we could end up in a "bit" of a mess.

That would definitely stress me! Dh works an hour and a half away, w/ Innish he made it home less than an hour before he was born. So w/ Eilley and Finnian I worried about it a lot. Turns out dh was home both times.

I did do castor oil w/ my third. My midwife suggested it, I had no idea of some negative side effects. I didn't have any though, no big diarheara problems. I was in labor w/in 10 hours I think. It was a long, slow labor, but that have also been from being my first labor really. I only had contraxs for an hour before our twins were born by c/s.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page