We're there and almost there! Weekly chat 8/10-8/16 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 11:51 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Who-hoo! We are all either holding beautiful babies right now or waiting to push these beautiful babies out into the world!

When is (was) your due date?

How are those little babies doing? Sleeping? Nursing? Just being cute?

Are you all ready now for the baby to be here on the outside? What else do you need to get done?

How are you feeling? Bad aches and pains or all peaceful and dreamy? Signs of labor?

I am not due until the 27th, but we are SURE this little one won't go past our due date. I am guessing she'll be ready around the 19th or so.

We are FINALLY getting ready. I know all I have complained about is being stressed this whole time. Well, my last shoot was on Sat morning (in the mts, with a 6 months old!) and now I am done! While I LOVE taking photos, I just can not do it anymore physically. I did five shoots last week AND a wedding. My body just could not handle it.

Yesterday was my first day with nothing I HAD to do. So I rested, cleaned, got stuff ready for the baby. I feel a little dreamy and peaceful now

All this week I am just going to clean, organize, and finish editing/getting prints for all these shoots I have done lately. I FINALLY feel like I could be okay with having the baby at home today. That means so much to me, just takes away a ton of stress.

Can everyone please also remind me that your second labor and birth do not hurt as much as the first? That would help.

How is everyone else?
#2 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:02 PM

Quote:
When is (was) your due date?

How are those little babies doing? Sleeping? Nursing? Just being cute?

How are you feeling? Bad aches and pains or all peaceful and dreamy?
I was due 08/02, he was born 07/28 so he is 13 days old today He is doing great, surpassed his birthweight, eating/pooping/sleeping like a champ!

http://www.strainstation.com/gallery...2/100_4489.JPG

I'm feeling ok, I have a tendency to overdo it and think I'm superwoman after a birth. My husband's last day home is today so I spent all weekend resting up. Still bleeding sporadically, but the vag doesn't hurt at all.

my 2nd vaginal birth was shorter and less painful than my first. except the ring of fire - that hurt just as much but it was over quickly!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#3 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by thorn View Post
I was due 08/02, he was born 07/28 so he is 13 days old today He is doing great, surpassed his birthweight, eating/pooping/sleeping like a champ!

http://www.strainstation.com/gallery...2/100_4489.JPG

I'm feeling ok, I have a tendency to overdo it and think I'm superwoman after a birth. My husband's last day home is today so I spent all weekend resting up. Still bleeding sporadically, but the vag doesn't hurt at all.

my 2nd vaginal birth was shorter and less painful than my first. except the ring of fire - that hurt just as much but it was over quickly!
Christine-he looks just like you!!! He is just beautiful! Are you getting any help at all now that your dh is going back to work?
#4 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:09 PM

I'm not due for 13 more days and I've given up thinking the baby's coming early. I've been telling people that he/she MIGHT be here before Christmas, but probably no sooner I admit I did a bad thing thinking he/she would come early because I've been miserable in the last 2 weeks wondering where my early baby is. I finally have given up on that and am trying to just enjoy myself.

I'm not miserable, I'm just a cleaning freak lately. I'm on hands and knees vacuuming the house with a shop vac, standing on chairs finding a tiny tiny cobweb on the ceiling, etc. Our house is CLEAN. Lol. And usually I'm not very tidy, I'll admit it. Hey, it's exercise, so it can't be too bad, right?

I have gained 10 lbs in the past month. I'm underweight anyway and it's all baby (big growth spurt!) so the midwife is quite pleased. I'm only up to 24 pounds, but it's crazy how 10 lbs of that is so recent. I've been starving...non-stop eating...and I'm doing tons of coconut milk, coconut ice cream, and coconut kefir. My midwife said the baby's going to have coconut cheeks

I noticed when I'm feeling good, I think that I'm not ready to have the baby...but when I'm in pain, ligament aches, acid reflux, etc, then I want it out NOW! Lol. But lately I've been feeling better (I think it helped that the baby's chubbier b/c now his/her movements aren't hurting me like they were) so I guess I *might* be okay waiting until the due date

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#5 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Christine-he looks just like you!!! He is just beautiful! Are you getting any help at all now that your dh is going back to work?
Thanks! He looks just like catie did as a newborn, too.

Nope, help train leaves the station tomorrow, just me +3

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#6 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:21 PM

Aww Thorn he is so cute! Thanks for sharing the pic!

I'm not due until the 23rd but have been in and out of labor for a while now. Each time gets more intense and I am hoping that it happens soon! I lost my mucus plug Friday and contracted all weekend. Today I'm having a ton of pressure and period-like cramps. Keeping my fingers crossed that this happens soon! I am so ready to get to hold this little girl!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#7 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:28 PM

I'm due on Wednesday, but fully expecting to go over. Although I have felt TONS of pressure the last day or two...nothing consistent though. I'm thinking it'll happen somewhere between 41 and 42 weeks. But who knows really....I have been wavering back and forth between peaceful/dreamy and slightly restless. The latter of it is mostly because my before baby to do list is pretty much done, so I'm sitting around thinking: "Aaahh, when is it going to happen?"

I have been a total cleaning freak the last couple of months(very unlike me), but at this particular moment, the downstairs is a total mess and i have at least 2 loads of laundry to do, so I really hope it's not today!

I started taking 5W at 37 weeks, and ran out a few days ago. My MW gave me black cohosh tincture to hold me over till I get more, and omg that stuff is NASTY. I mixed it with lemonade and pretended it was vodka. Blech. Plus it didn't even do anything...she told me to do half a dropper full, which i did, and I literally had one contraction over the next 2 hours. I'm ordering more 5W today...I just hope I get to use it!

Christine, he is so absolutley gorgeous!! He looks so peaceful in that pic.

Raene, I hope your coconut cheeks baby gets here soon.

Stacey, yay for being off of work!! I've really enjoyed looking at your work on FB. Really nice stuff. It must be great to be able to finally relax into that peaceful/dreamy state though. Good for you.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#8 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Aww Thorn he is so cute! Thanks for sharing the pic!

I'm not due until the 23rd but have been in and out of labor for a while now. Each time gets more intense and I am hoping that it happens soon! I lost my mucus plug Friday and contracted all weekend. Today I'm having a ton of pressure and period-like cramps. Keeping my fingers crossed that this happens soon! I am so ready to get to hold this little girl!
: Hope it happens for you soon, mama!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#9 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:32 PM

Thorn - great pic of your little man. He's so gorgeous! Good luck with being on your own. I'm nervous about how that transition will go also.

I'm 39w2d, due on Saturday. Been contracting all day today, fairly regularly and getting a little more intense, but I can generally keep doing what I'm doing. I never had all these "practice" contractions with ds1, so I find it confusing! Plus ds1 was posterior and I had a very very long labor. I think this guy is positioned well so far, so I'm not sure how fast it might go, being #2 and well positioned. kwim? Still no mucous plug or bloody show, though.

I don't mind waiting to see what happens, but it's hard to know when to call my dh home from work. He works 90 min. from the house. I don't want to call him too soon because he doesn't get a lot of vacation time, but I don't want to call too late either!

Today is my first official day off, as I only WOH Mon and Wed. Very relieving to not have to worry about it!

Still have lots more I'd like to do before baby comes, but not that many things that I really neeeeeeed to do. Don't have the bassinet out yet, and I want to sew up a few little sheets for it, so I'll try to do that this afternoon, I htink.

We finally took some more just fun pics of my belly last night outside our house. I need to download them and post some!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#10 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 12:51 PM

Stacey I am so glad you are getting a break now

Thorn cute pic!

Raene I've been eating tons of coconut also. Glad to hear you've gained a bit more... I know that was making you a bit concerned.

I'm a couple days past due now (8th) and feeling awesome. Still can't feel contractions but I know I get them sporadically. I'm debating whether or not to allow a cervical check at my next appointment (tomorrow). I'm leaning towards not having one because I can see it making me paranoid and giving me something to obsess over. Our midwife thinks I'll go into labor this week. He is nice and low (-1 station) and LOA.

We are ready for him to arrive but to be honest I am really going to miss being pregnant. We had so much fun with this pregnancy and I feel like it all went by too quickly.

I've been keeping busy running errands, gardening (put in 20 box woods to create a hedge line over the weekend!), keeping the house clean and finishing the last of the craft projects.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#11 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 01:01 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Who would have ever thought that a woman would be anticipating diarrhea or bloody mucus? Everyday I wake up thinking, "is today the day that my bowels are going to clear out"?

I'm officially 2 days late now. I was due on the 8th right along with Lisa (coconut). I think we should race and see who delivers first. Ha ha. My first was 2 weeks late, so I could still have another full week or more. Sigh, I'm ready now! I didn't get any pre-labor warning signs the first time around, so it's likely that I won't this time either. My labor simply started with contractions, then hours later I lost my mucus plug and my midwives broke my water as I was pushing. My midwives strongly prefer to not do any cervical exams (even in labor), so I'll probably never know how far along I am. I will trust my body and push when I need to.

My mother is in town for the delivery and has to leave on Saturday. Hopefully I'll go into labor by then so she can be here. Not that we have much control over it...

I think I will clean my house today before my LAST (hopefully) midwife appointment.. COME OUT BABY!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11.  We are planning our next adventure to South America in April 2014!
#12 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 01:24 PM

41 weeks today. Have I achieved the honor of DDC seniority? Somebody, please, feel free to speak up with an EDD pre-8/3. I'm starting to feel a little nervous and crazy with 42 weeks looming just seven days away. Haven't felt as hormonally unbalanced as today since about the seventh grade, though. Has to be a good sign, right?

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#13 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 01:41 PM

My due date is the 24th and I think I will definitely go at least that long.

We are pretty much ready for the little bebe other than packing our bag for the birth center.

I've still been feeling pretty great. Other than the typical uncomfortable nights trying to sleep, RLS and a few other things. I really don't think I have been having any signs of labor. Sometimes I get those little piercing zingers in my cervix, but that is probably just the baby.
I am beyond happy that I am now off work. Today is the first day of a new life for the next half a year. I'm just so excited!!!

Stacey, I am so with you on things finally being peaceful and getting a break!

Christine, too bad about your hubby going back to work, but yay about how well your nether regions are healing!

Raene, we have close to the same amount of time left, and I hope you keep feeling a little better like you have been lately.

Jillian, I hope your little bebe makes an entrance into this world real soon!

mama*pisces, I've totally been on that cleaning kick lately, too.

Christina, i hope those practice contractions turn into something productive and get on it with posting those pics!!

Lisa, I think I am so with you when it comes to the feelings towards this pregnancy. I have really enjoyed it and I will miss it, even though I can't wait to meet this little baby. I say go with your gut tomorrow about the cervical check (it's such a temptation).

Abra, haha... I've been quite surprised at the array of things that I have been anticipating or looking forward to since being pregnant. and I really hope the baby does arrive while your mom is visiting.

brooklynbabymama, so sorry your are a week late, but hopefully feeling as awkward as a seventh grader will finally have it's perks...

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#14 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 01:48 PM

well i'm 40 + 2 today. midwife came round for a visit, she wanted to do a sweep and i informed her to keep her hands to herself. Then she said 'they' would book me in for an induction at 40 +13, like to see them bloody try.
Anyway, i'm healthy and so is baby.

I too have been eating LOADS the past few weeks, must have put on about 8lbs - bringing me up to about 40lbs Being that i was a little chubby to start with i'm now hippo sized, my butt and thighs have increased dramatically over the past few weeks, oh well, lots of fat stored for breastfeeding

I've given up nesting, too tired to clean anymore, just lots of taking it easy and naps instead.

I'm am seriously grumpy. My mum's friend facebooked me to imply that i should have the baby so her and her daughter (who i don't really know) could visit me on wednesday. Because her daughter (who BTW is a model) would like to see a newborn. yes, thats just what i want a complete stranger staring at me when i've just popped a baby out and i'm a hormonal mess - I AM NOT A FREAK SHOW.

DS1 & DS2 have coughs and are sleeping really badly, i mentioned to ds1 that i slept better with him in the bed with me the other night and now he comes in every night at 1am to 'help' me sleep, which is fine if i didn't have to figit and pee every 10 seconds.

Anyway, going for the 20th now as a new guess date - its a new moon and i was born on a new moon, so who knows....

I'm loving looking at all the baby pics and hearing all the birth stories, they have all been soo positive.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#15 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 02:13 PM

Wow, I can't believe how many mamas are past due already. Sending labor vibes to all of you!

DH told me that he had a dream last night that the baby was born and she had a giant unibrow like Burt from Sesame Street He kept saying to me "don't worry honey, we can shave it". What a silly dream!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#16 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 02:20 PM

Hmmmm... the internet ate my post!

My first "due" date was the 7th and despite a week or two of prodromal labor, nada! My care providers are willing to go with my second "due" date of the 13th but since there are on hospitals here that will "allow" vbac after 41 weeks... well... if I'm pregnant on the 13th they'll ask me to schedule. I can always say no of course, and I might, but I know how the "EMTALA mamas" are treated and I don't know if I'm willing to put myself and my babe through that. On the other hand, unnecessary surgery when babe may not be ready? Doesn't sound like a better option, huh? DD2 was malpositioned and 42+ weeks. DD1 was perfectly positioned and just a few days past 40 weeks.

My hope is that it wont come to that. When I gave dh the card announcing dd2's pregnancy I picked a birthday at random. Despite the fact that it wasn't her due date, that's the day she arrived! The card announcing this babe's pregnancy has a birthday of the 11th. So maybe he's just hanging out waiting to prove mama right again?

Of course, he's being a bit quirky. He had been perfectly positioned for weeks and weeks. Then at my 39 week visit he was posterior. At my 40 week visit he was posterior AND mostly transverse! He's my third babe and obviously there is room for him to move around but he's making me nervous. I'm doing what I can to get him wiggled back into a better position, but I know that if he's still transverse at my "second 40 week visit" that's going to have a real impact on my decision making process.

Actually, when I was laboring with dd2 I had a really long pushing phase (around 4 hours) that ended in a SD. DD2 would be lined up perfectly between contractions and then "slide sideways" into an almost transverse position during the contraction itself. Making the whole thing pretty inefficient and leading to all sorts of position changes in the hopes of getting her squeezed out "evenly". One thought after the birth was that my c/s had caused some nerve damage to the uterus or some unfelt adhesions that were causing the two "side" of the uterus to contract unevenly.

Well, this babe is flipped to the side in exactly the same position dd2 was in during contractions. And since I've been having so many prodromal contractions... I wonder if that has contributed to the position shift? Grrrrr. I wish there was a window!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#17 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 02:59 PM

Things are wonderful here!

Had my boy on Friday morning, came home Saturday afternoon, hubby is back at work today and it is just me at home with our four kiddos!

My milk came in late yesterday and now baby is MUCH more satisfied, thank goodness.

Today has been awesome so far. We all ate breakfast, I had a shower and our toddler DD is back in cloth diapers. All I have to do is make lunch and then it is quiet time! Yahooo!

A few pointers to those still waiting for baby: Buy swaddle blankets and Soothies gel pads now! DH is picking up the Soothies for me today, but I wish I had them as early as Saturday. And I only have one tiny swaddle blanket that DS has been living in. It needs washed now, but the other one I have is huge.

My DH let the girls dress themselves on Saturday, I laughed so hard when our middle DD came to the hospital with the cowboy hat on!

Here we are:

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_1479.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_1481.jpg

http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b5...s/IMG_1456.jpg
#18 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 03:13 PM

I am 37 weeks today. Our youngest is 1 today as well. I didn't sleep great last night so I took a little nap a bit ago, before lunch. I am so hungry yesterday and today. I feel pretty good otherwise, trying hard to stay content, patient and not focus on doscomforts. We took the kids to the museum yesterday and lunch. I got a white sheet to do the belly binding after birth, seems like a lot of fabric though, hmmmm. All my singles were born right around 39 weeks give or take a day, except one at 37 even, so maybe the 24th or 25th. Dh thinks the 17th, maybe overly optmistic.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#19 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abraisme View Post
Who would have ever thought that a woman would be anticipating diarrhea or bloody mucus? Everyday I wake up thinking, "is today the day that my bowels are going to clear out"?

I'm officially 2 days late now. I was due on the 8th right along with Lisa (coconut). I think we should race and see who delivers first. Ha ha.
I will join your race same due date.
I am hoping todays accupuncture appointment gets this going. I have been cramping for about a week and it has become a little easier to go to the bathroom which is a good sign.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#20 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 03:16 PM

Too cute Amanda, and that hat is great!

And ditto the bizarre behavior/expectations you get into when birth is close. Some conversations just get surreal, like "Oh gee, I'm so sorry you don't have the runs!"

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#21 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 03:45 PM

hmmm. Think it's the real thing now. Contractions all day have been getting more and more intense to where I really have to breathe through them and concentrate. We're packing up things to take my ds to our friends' house and perhaps head to the hosp. in a bit. We'll see!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#22 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 03:50 PM

ooh, how exciting. Good luck, Christina!!!!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#23 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 04:19 PM

Stella was 'due' mid month, but arrived on the 2nd. She's nursing like a champ and I swear she's gained a pound in a week.

I've had NO baby blues so far and I totally attribute that to having a placenta smoothie every day since birth. Today I am going to be encapsulating the rest of the placenta that's been dried. I refuse to have PPD this time around.

She looks ridiculously cute in all her diapers and hand dyed shirts. Who knew dressing a girl would be so much fun. She's sleeping well, doesn't fuss much.

I feel amazing. So unlike my other PP recoveries. I'm alert, no pains, minimal bleeding, tho yesterday and today it picked up a little because I've been over doing it. I've had like three showers this week, which is wonderful. Everyone keeps remarking that I don't look like someone who's given birth. This is all pretty amazing because I'm doing this on my own. Or maybe that's key? No relationship issues to deal with hahaha.

I can't believe that my girl is already a week old. She looks different to me, and her limbs are starting to fill out. We went to Outback with some friends on Saturday night, and she slept and nursed the whole time. She blows me away with how peaceful she is.

I'm dreading having to go and get her birth cert. I don't really know how I'm going to explain that I planned my UC, but my birth support didn't show up in time hahahah. Can't wait to see the look on the birth cert persons face.

Another thing I noticed is that she is not as peely as my boys were.

She's pretty awesome if I do say so myself.

UCing loud mouth, Fierce Protector of King Aiden, King Isaiah and Empress Estella
#24 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 04:39 PM

thepoet lmk if you need help w/ birth cert and what state you are in. BTDT a few times

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#25 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 04:43 PM

cali! and yes please!

UCing loud mouth, Fierce Protector of King Aiden, King Isaiah and Empress Estella
#26 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thepoet View Post
cali! and yes please!

I believe they do it by county, what county, or you can PM me. I will ask for you.

#27 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 08:20 PM

Wow so much going on this week!!!!

Wombat I think its great they are willing to work on your dates with you I so hope you don't have to worry about them though and babe lines up and comes "on time"!

I am one of those who is coming up on their due date, tomorrow is my EDD, I have no idea when he is coming though. I am still hoping for the 11th, 13th or 15th. But otherwise I am saying never. I am mostly doing ok with the patience thing but its the not knowing what is going on that is getting to me.

I will say I so wanted to go into labor before tomorrow though so I don't have to drive to the BC for another appt. I have to drive over 1.5 hours by myself tomorrow to get there and I just don't want to. I wish I could just reschedule or skip it since I have no idea if they will have much to say besides that eventually he will be coming.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#28 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 09:18 PM

wishing you a wonderful birth, Christina!!!

My guy is 5 days old today -- a total treasure. This whole newborn phase is incredible and filled with unspeakable delights. I can't get enough of this guy rooting on my face for example. Teensy baby kisses. Yum!

I've been really enjoying the post partum thing. I am still SO RELIEVED to be not-pregnant anymore. And spending time with dp, ds, and babe is tooooo lovely.

The one glitch in paradise here is that my babe has a wicked clamp latch. I already have scabs on my nipples! The mw yesterday came by for our follow up check and gave me some strategies and told me to fix it quick before my nipples really give out. I've been relatching him constantly and trying all the techniques I've read about. Not only is a real CHORE, the constant repositioning is killing a lot of the nursing joy and making my shoulders really tense and painful. ARGH. Here's hoping we figure it out quickly. Suggestions are more than welcome.

Meanwhile, still wishing everyone fabulous birth experiences and happy end of pregnancies all around!

mama to magical 6 yr old and a full moon Aug baby:
#29 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 10:18 PM

38 weeks today.

Today was one of *those* days, so I'm going to try not to be a debby downer and not say much. For some reason I could. not. sleep. at. all. last night, literally was up until about 5:30 am, slept until 11, and that's it. And I burned my thumb really bad making breakfast. And I'm cranky. So yeah. I'll post more when I can be more pleasant.

Also loving all the precious baby pics!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#30 of 137 Old 08-10-2009, 10:34 PM

Go Michigan!!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page