What am I forgetting here?

--Nipple Stimulation
--Sex/Orgasm
--Spicy Foods
--Bumpy Car Rides
--Acupressure
--Acupuncture
--Red Raspberry Leaf
--Castor Oil (a last resort, in my mind)

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and hoping to conceive and also adopt in 2017!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Caulophyllum (Blue Cohosh)

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#3 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:21 PM

cohoshes, but I wouldn't use them with out the advice of your mw.. unless you're using homeopathic stuff.

Membrane sweep/strip

walking/curb walking

#4 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:22 PM

EPO - evening primrose oil

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#5 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:28 PM - Thread Starter

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradysMom View Post
EPO - evening primrose oil
My midwife really scared me with EPO...she said it is an anti-coagulant. Eek! I'm afraid to try it now.

I forgot about walking...duh!

Squatting? Does that help?

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and hoping to conceive and also adopt in 2017!
#6 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:32 PM

I'm sure this is going to make me sound completely dense but what exactly is curb walking? Where you try and balance on the curb?

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#7 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconut Chronicles View Post
I'm sure this is going to make me sound completely dense but what exactly is curb walking? Where you try and balance on the curb?
I am so glad you asked I was wondering the same thing.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#8 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 12:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
I am so glad you asked I was wondering the same thing.
I'm pretty sure it is where you walk with one foot on the curb and the other foot in the gutter/street. I think something about the tilting of your pelvis helps really well with a mal-positioned baby and not just labor inducing.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#9 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 01:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
I'm pretty sure it is where you walk with one foot on the curb and the other foot in the gutter/street. I think something about the tilting of your pelvis helps really well with a mal-positioned baby and not just labor inducing.
: it's to help getting a funky positioned baby into a better position so more pressure can be applied to the cervix
#10 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 01:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raene View Post
My midwife really scared me with EPO...she said it is an anti-coagulant. Eek! I'm afraid to try it now.

I forgot about walking...duh!

Squatting? Does that help?
EPO and fish/flax oil can be anti-coagulants if taken in excess. I also read something that said that it has been linked to PROM
#11 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 01:51 PM

Don't forget also talking to the baby. I think they can understand us in a way on an energetic level. Maybe if I tell her I can wait a few days but I am really tired and sore and would love to be able to hold her soon, she might get the message
#12 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 01:52 PM

That thing somebody posted in another thread from spinning babies, sifting I think it's called.
Eating pineapple, papaya or drinking tonic (don't know if the tonic really works or if it's an old wives tale, or perhaps it needs gin added, lol)
Chiro also helps people sometimes
Foot massage

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)
#13 of 18 Old 08-12-2009, 04:58 PM

A cervical check and some walking/squatting did it for me. My membranes were not stripped, but with a thorough cervical check, it started something more.
#14 of 18 Old 08-16-2009, 12:44 PM

Just bumbing this for us mamas who are still here! I think I will start to do some of these things today, I am ready.
#15 of 18 Old 08-16-2009, 01:14 PM
Banned

--Nipple Stimulation -Don't bother. It's uncomfortable. You have to stimulate your nipples for two hours a day, and even then, every woman has a threshold for oxytocin, and for some it's surprisingly high. I mean, women breastfeed through pregnancies.
--Sex/Orgasm -Do it if you want to, but it's not going to put you into labor. Semen can help ripen the cervix, but ime, it does not trigger labor. And you can have orgasms round the clock. Only thing it'll do is cause some contractions for awhile. That peter out.
--Spicy Foods -This is a complete and utter wives' tale. It won't work. If you try it, be ready to bust out the antacids after.
--Bumpy Car Rides -LOL! Seriously? Do people really think that works? Think about it. All the bumping your baby gets when you sit down, get up, walk up stairs, have sex, whatever. If that were enough to put someone into labor no one would every carry to term. This just sounds uncomfortable and miserable for someone who's 9 months pregnant.
--Acupressure -I'm doubtful. But it can't hurt.
--Acupuncture - Again, doubtful. Plus it's rather expensive.
--Red Raspberry Leaf -Will not put you into labor. Can help tone the uterus and make your labor better though. Also contains lots of good stuff to support the pregnancy.
--Castor Oil (a last resort, in my mind) -This one actually can work IF you're post dates. Do not use without supervision.

You forgot Evening Primrose Oil and Papaya Juice. EPO can help ripen the cervix, but it will not put you into labor. Papaya juice just tastes good, don't bother.

Bottom line? You cannot induce labor unless your body was ready to go anyway. Plus, there is often a reason you don't realize for your body not putting you into labor. Like, for me? I was induced with #2. And I had an OP baby with a ton of tearing. If I'd waited for her to get into the right position, I might have saved myself a whole lot of recovery pain.
#16 of 18 Old 08-16-2009, 01:16 PM
Banned

Oh, and about membrane sweeping. It's HIGHLY uncomfortable, it never did a thing for me, and there is a risk of breaking your water prematurely. Not worth it IMO.
#17 of 18 Old 08-16-2009, 07:12 PM

I know I had the sweeping with my first but I was almost 42 weeks at that point and was probably going to go into labor anyway. I keep forgetting to drink my rrl tea though. I know that certainly helped with my afterpains last time around and I'm currently doing EPO. Gotta get it as soft as I can up there dh thinks he needs to help but O's bring on contractions that are just annoying, so I would just rather not at this point.
#18 of 18 Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM

Yep, I did the membrane sweep with #1, it actually tore my bag of waters and I leaked for 2 days. Did not go into labor for 3 days and it REALLY hurts when they do it. Also did the castor oil, NADA. I am with Talula, unless your body is ready, it isn't happening.....

I also heard one MW suggest going on a date with your partner, drinking a glass of wine, coming home and DTD and that will sometimes work. I think it will if you are ready....

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page