Pregnant mamas - check in!!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 11:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh pernille, wishing you fast labor vibes! I hope you have this baby soon!!!! I heard somewhere that a glass of wine and a long bath helps start things up. I tried it last night with no results. I did feel better though....
#62 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 11:51 AM

I am chiming in even though I had my baby because I was wondering why midwives don't just change the dates a little to get around the legal stuff and let moms deliver past 42 weeks. I went to almost 44 weeks with my first, and we just changed the dates.
#63 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 11:58 AM

You can officially add me to the miserable list. My body is rebelling against this last month of pregnancy. I've had 2 UTIs, baby turned breech then back last week, and yesterday I started peeing blood and I'm pretty positive I'm passing a kidney stone now. I'm 39 weeks today and I realllllly hope this kidney stone starts labor. I should have known because I've had them with both DS1 and DS2 but I thought since I had made it so far I was in the clear.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#64 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluebirdmama1 View Post
I am chiming in even though I had my baby because I was wondering why midwives don't just change the dates a little to get around the legal stuff and let moms deliver past 42 weeks. I went to almost 44 weeks with my first, and we just changed the dates.
I think a lot has to do with licensing and insurance. Once you have a chart with a date changing it could be considered forgery and you could loose your insurance should something go wrong. Also, you don't want to push your date out in the beginning because god forbid you go early and end up with a premie based on the later dates. YOu could time out of a homebirth that way too.

If I go to 44 weeks I am going to have a break down of massive proportions. I would have lost almost a month of maternity leave.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#65 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:16 PM

Well, others with homebirth midwives...how long will your midwife let you go? Mine will wait "forever" and she doesn't believe in any internals or sweeping of membranes.

That's all well and good sounding, except that if I'm MORE miserable in another few weeks she's not going to be one of my favorite people. I think to a certain extent they should really think about the mother's well-being and maybe being incredibly miserable isn't in the mother's best interest...

I'm worried about that. She just told me someone went 43 weeks and she was all perky about it. I wanted to ask how the mother enjoyed that, esp in this heat. Ugh. I'm so hot and miserable I just want to cry.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#66 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
You can officially add me to the miserable list. My body is rebelling against this last month of pregnancy. I've had 2 UTIs, baby turned breech then back last week, and yesterday I started peeing blood and I'm pretty positive I'm passing a kidney stone now. I'm 39 weeks today and I realllllly hope this kidney stone starts labor. I should have known because I've had them with both DS1 and DS2 but I thought since I had made it so far I was in the clear.
I am so sorry! That sounds horrific esp with everything else going on. My intuition says that you are going to go at 39 weeks. Not that that is worth much, but I am sending you some good labor vibes.
#67 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mama*pisces View Post
Yea, I can see her fitting in mine, just in that position. And I agree about your work being soul reaching...it seems that you have really found your niche.
Thank you guys! I *love* to do it and can't wait until I have my energy and body back again so I can step away from the same ol' photos. Just wait until I have my own newborn to mold into poses, I am going to have too much fun:
#68 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:39 PM

a KIDNEY STONE!? good lawd. You just can't win! : for labor and that the kidney stone goes away! I just can't imagine being in labor with a kidney stone.

Grossness to follow: I think I may have lost a big chunk of mucous plug. I went and peed and felt 'something' fall out, so I looked into the toilet and there was a big blob of mucous with blood on one side. It was as big around as a quarter! Here's hoping that's what it was anyway - never had anything that interesting come out of my vag before
#69 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post

Grossness to follow: I think I may have lost a big chunk of mucous plug. I went and peed and felt 'something' fall out, so I looked into the toilet and there was a big blob of mucous with blood on one side. It was as big around as a quarter! Here's hoping that's what it was anyway - never had anything that interesting come out of my vag before
SOunds like it for sure!! Yay, you are well on your way!:
#70 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 12:49 PM

Hi! Just thought I'd get on the roll call. For the first time. And I'm due TODAY!! But now I am looking at August as my due month, since it's all I can do to stay sane. This is getting old, but babies come when they come.
#71 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 01:26 PM
Banned

Still here and still pregnant. Of course, I'm not due until Friday, but meh. I am ready to jump off a cliff. I'm pretty uncomfortable. I had a horrible night last night with BH contractions on and off, waking me up, but they're definitely not labor contractions and nothing is going on now. My sciatica hurts, my SPD hurts, getting out of bed at night is horrible. I am so tired but laying down to sleep is SO uncomfortable. I just want the baby out. OUT OUT OUT!

Jilian, I hope you feel better soon. That sounds awful.

ETA: Oh, I forgot to mention this. Except for some nesting and a lot of BH contractions that don't do anything, I have zero signs of labor. ZERO.
#72 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 03:44 PM

TX, that is such a good sign! I think your labor will be starting very soon. Mucus plug + blood is the best sign ever! I had it a little less than 24 hours before DS2 was born.

I had another mucus plug this morning too. It was gigantic, like almost as big as a golf ball. I've been having contractions all day too and had them last night pretty much continuously. I hope this is it. Maybe I can give birth to a pet rock (kidney stone) and a baby in the same day? At least my kidney stone is good for something, the other ones just hurt a lot. This one looks like it is bringing labor on.

ETA: OMG I wiped and had some bloody mucus : Yes, yes, YES!!! BABY IS COMING!!!!!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#73 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 03:58 PM

: Jill I'm here thinking of you and praying for a wonderful birth! I can't wait to hear the news
#74 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 05:53 PM

Yayyyyy Jilian!!!!!!!!

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#75 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 06:24 PM

39-weeks today, but hoping this surprise doesn't show up today since today is my birthday!

Ada lady.gifWife to ~ geek.gifFrank ~ Mom to photosmile2.gifHarry (10) ~ hearts.gifHanna (8) ~ superhero.gifHenry (5) ~ and  diaper.gifHalia arrived 8/21 
#76 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 06:30 PM

Yay for mucous plugs! A few hours ago (right after my first post here) I had a glob with stringy looking blood. Then I went shopping with DS and my MIL and there was a bit more while in the bathroom at Old Navy. Just went to the bathroom again and... more! Ever since this morning I have also been having contractions that are definitely different. I wouldn't say long enough to produce a baby, but the different feel (and more pain) of them, frequency, and the plug thing has got to mean cervical change. Almost 2 weeks ago I was 75% effaced and 1 cm and around +1 station. LOW baby! LOW pressure! Anyway, my MW said that I'd probably dialate faster if my little girl's head wasn't pushing my cervix forward so much. Wierd. Then I was pleased to find that expecially with 2nd pregnancies and beyond the baby's head is frequently NOT right on top of the cervix, like all the diagrams show. I'm normal!

So, as for the contraction difference: all my BH have always conformed just around her body, which is always more on the right side. So I have a wonky belly with BH. They just spread all over and are random. Today is different. Seems baby is probably in a more lovely anterior position, a bit more centered, and the contractions start down very low and spread their way upward. They are definitely more painful. I'm tired of the nesting, waiting, nesting, waiting for a maybe though. I'm worn out from picking up after a 2 year old, 2 dogs, and myself. So, even though I do not feel my house is 100%ready for my homebirth, I know it will not ever be. DS is with grandma now and they dropped me off to get my car. I think I'll go relax over there a bit. She thinks I should get in the pool (heated) and just relax a while in there. I keep thinking, "With the plug thing??? Hmmm..." But no one else seems to be bothered. It's her personal pool, and my suit is super tight on me. Just wierd.

Okay, wasting time. What better way to wait it out...
#77 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 06:49 PM

Still here. My edd is Aug 31. I am very ready for labor but my friend is flying in from Australia on the 29th so I guess it would be kind to wait. DD was induced and born at 11 days past term. Now we are living in place where they induce you at 10 days so I am hoping to do this on my own. I am ready and I have had a feeling its going to be a bit early. But we will see.

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09
#78 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 06:53 PM

Still pregnant here too. I'm due August 30. Was getting impatient for awhile there (and the hospital tried to do a c/s at 37 w, 5 d for no reason). But now that we've decided just to do a home water birth instead (this will be my HBA2C), I have a new sense of patience. I want him to come in his own time, and while I hope it's in August (I think it will be), I just want the birth of my dreams! :
It's exciting to see all the announcements!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#79 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 07:00 PM

wow Jillian, I really hope this is it for you.

Can I say I'm really trying to not get all annoyed that my baby hasn't come on the day I wanted him to. I went to church today and found out two ladies, one due the same day and one due a week after, had their babies last week. UGH! Not cool. I mean so not fair.

I did ask opinions on non-popular boy names on facebook. Just something to keep myself entertained. I had 27 responses. Of course, none of the names are remotely what I will name my baby, but it at least gave me some entertainment.
#80 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 07:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
wow Jillian, I really hope this is it for you.

Can I say I'm really trying to not get all annoyed that my baby hasn't come on the day I wanted him to. I went to church today and found out two ladies, one due the same day and one due a week after, had their babies last week. UGH! Not cool. I mean so not fair.

I did ask opinions on non-popular boy names on facebook. Just something to keep myself entertained. I had 27 responses. Of course, none of the names are remotely what I will name my baby, but it at least gave me some entertainment.
Names: My DS is Levi Carter. I love them both. So old they are new again. Anyway, I'm partial to them of course. The sweet comments about his name have gone on for over 2 years, so I think my choices were wise.
#81 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 07:15 PM
Banned

I think I am going to be the last one in our entire due date club to give birth. You watch.
#82 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 08:01 PM

I hope this is it for you Jillian! I hope you pass the kidney stone and have a baby today! Talula, I hope you have your baby soon I was thinking about your post about only having 2 outfits that fit anymore when I was getting dressed bc my "giant pregnancy shirt" is no longer giant. In fact, it is no longer covering my belly. I have nothing, NOTHING left that covers the belly.....
#83 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 08:10 PM
Banned

Heh.

I have ONE shirt that covers my entire belly, and that's only because it's actually supposed to be a mini dress. Everything else almost covers it but I have to pull the shirts down to adjust it a lot. Part of the problem is that the shape of my belly forces my pants to sit ridiculously low.
#84 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 08:37 PM

I was annoyed that at 36 weeks I went to Motherhood Maternity and FINALLY spent real money on 2 adorable outfits. $86, but it's all I wear besides trashy old pajama stuff. Soooo comfy! I cannot say enough about the secret fit belly on their clothes. If we end up having more kids and I buy any maternity bottoms, that's ALL I will buy at all. I have found some 2nd hand and snatched them up. And yeah to the minidress style tops. I gave away all shorter maternity tops before I was a few months along with this one. Figured why mess around when I'll want to burn them so bad by the end of the 2nd trimester. I'm so glad that longer is in, since some can be worn afterward also.
#85 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 10:05 PM

Happy birthday, msada!

I just had a contraction that wrapped around my back. Eek!

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!
#86 of 189 Old 08-16-2009, 11:07 PM

I have one pair of pants and one pair of shorts (that are really ugly) that are comfortable/fit and all of my shirts show the bottom of my belly. If I'm feeling up to it I wear a cami underneath, but honestly lately I just don't care. I'm short, the only people who can actually see the over hang are little kids

I put our 'nice' sheets on the bed. Maybe my water will break. Maybe baby will come out to enjoy the 800TC sheets.

So this kid's head WAS dipping into my pelvis, but today it's back up high It needs to go back down! I think he's trying to turn transverse. Or at least I'm worried about that. I didn't go for a walk today but am going to walk my ass off tomorrow. That seemed to help encourage him to nestle in.
#87 of 189 Old 08-17-2009, 03:17 AM

41 + 2 today. Midwife coming round and i have to give her the 'decline to be induced' letter i've got to write in a minute, followed by the just leave me alone and i'll have this baby speech. Oh well, sure the baby will come out at some point, to make our group the statistical norm (40 +10?) with all those early babies one of us is going to have to go really late, might as well be me.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#88 of 189 Old 08-17-2009, 03:58 AM

Well. This may or may not be it for me....I went to bed shortly after midnight, and just when I had been asleep for maybe a half hour, I started getting these crazy intense close together contractions. So now it's 2:54 am and I'm sitting in front of the Contraction Master. I just had one that was 45 seconds long! I hope this is it cuz if not it'll be my second night in a row of really crappy sleep. : We'll see, I guess.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#89 of 189 Old 08-17-2009, 04:34 AM

Blah. They've gone from 3 at 5-7 minutes apart, to 9 minutes, back to 6 minutes, to 4 minutes. Seems like they are getting closer together but shorter in length? WTH. :

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#90 of 189 Old 08-17-2009, 08:09 AM

I hope everyone who thinks it has started has their babies soon! I hope I might be lucky too, my back is hurting and I've been feeling contractions since this morning, but not yet in any specific rythm and feel seriously uncomfortable. If this is another false alarm I'm gonna go nuts.

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page