Pregnant mamas - check in!!! - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 11:46 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I have to admit I'm sort of enjoying the knowledge that I will not be pregnant this time next week. Whether Tor shows up on his own in a happy vbac or less happy emergent c/s or whether he arrives via scheduled c/s on Friday or Monday (depending on NST results), I will NOT be pregnant next Tuesday.

And it's given me a certain... I don't know... I was so desperate for Tor to come before the appointment yesterday I was trying everything to get things going. And it was wearing me out. Now that I have another week I'm feeling more laid back. I even had a glass of wine with dinner last night instead of a mug of RRL tea. And today I'm not obsessing over walking or acupressure or whatever with each contraction. I'll probably be back to obsessing if Tor hasn't arrived by the Friday NST, but for now I'm kind of feeling laid back.

Well... more laid back than I have been in the last week anyway.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#122 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
sort of OT but my belly itches so bad. Stretch marks didn't appear until 37 weeks and now they are really bad and itch like you would not believe. My stomach looks like a Van Gogh painting!
That's what's happened to me, too. My stretch marks are quite a sight! Actually, I have a rash on my belly that has spread a little bit to other parts (vulva and, slightly, thighs). Might be a mild case of PUPPPs. I'm using hypnobabies cues and a yucky smelling cream containing camphor (Sarna) to try to handle it. Anyway, I feel your... itch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I have to admit I'm sort of enjoying the knowledge that I will not be pregnant this time next week. Whether Tor shows up on his own in a happy vbac or less happy emergent c/s or whether he arrives via scheduled c/s on Friday or Monday (depending on NST results), I will NOT be pregnant next Tuesday.
I'm so glad you're taking things in stride, that the docs have been working with you, and that you're soon to meet your baby no matter what!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#123 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 12:40 PM

Oh, yeah. I wanted to talk about me.

I went to the chiro late last week, and it was a new (to me) chiro at the same clinic and something didn't go quite right. (The table popped at the wrong time during an adjustment, and it hurt my back and I was too embarrassed for the chiro to say anything. I'd had a bad feeling about the chiro just before the adjustment but couldn't think of an excuse to up and leave...) Then I had baby positioning issues that caused back pain (I think), which I think I helped with back exercises. Last night my mid-back started hurting like crazy. I was not sure of the cause, but I tried moving around to fix it. Finally, after I positioned myself on my stomach with pillows for support, the baby moved and the pain stopped. But this morning my back is so sore, like in a "too much exercise" kind of way.

Also, last night, I felt a big shift in my emotional/spiritual (?) self. I can't really explain it. But it was sudden and intense, and all of the sudden I felt I was going to have the baby soon, like in the next few days. I tried to sleep, and I kept having dreams that my water was breaking in disadvantageous locations in the house

This morning I'm having some weak pressure waves (contractions), nothing really notable, though. I'm okay with not having the baby in the next few days. My midwife is away internationally on an emergency and is not getting back for several days. Her assistant is also away. I sort of don't want to have a sleep-deprived midwife attending my baby's birth. Rather wait till next week. (Luckily, though, I love the stand-in midwife.)

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#124 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 12:41 PM

Okay, so I am 38w5d today. I have an accupunture appt soon, you think it is ok to get the induction accupuncture? I know it is still a week early, but I really want to have this baby! It will only work if she is ready anyways, right?

So I read through my midwife's file from ds, and with him I had absolutley no signs at 38w4d. I was 50%effaced and 1 cm dialated. Then I had no other signs and had him a couple days later. I am guessing this will be the same.

Baby def dropped much more yesterday. I need to stop obessing, though.

Alright, wish me luck! Can't wait to hear the update on all the mamas probably having their babies as we speak!
#125 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 12:46 PM

I was 2cm/60% effaced at my 40 week visit with dd2... I had a membrane sweep, went for a walk, had Mexican food for dinner, and she was born roughly 24 hours after my dr visit.

This time is so different, but still... it'll be over soon! I need to go to the store to pick up a few things (sigh... every time I go to the store I think "this is the last I'll have to stock up on X before the babe!" ) but I just don't wanna. I'm tired, cranky, it's humid and hot, and the girls are being amused by a dvd. Plus we have to go into town tonight to see my dad so it would be good to combine trips, right?

mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#126 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 12:54 PM
ekh

I haven't written anything on this due date club's boards yet, but I felt like posting something today...I'm due on the 27th or the 29th, give or take, and I kind of thought I would be induced again with this pregnancy, which fortunately hasn't been necessary. I'm finding it harder and harder at the moment to properly care for my just-turned-17-month old. (My lower back pain was terrible yesterday for the first time and I couldn't pick her up.)
Anyways, she's at the babysitter's today and I'm going to endeavor to make some freezable dishes for after baby comes and clean up this house!
Good luck to everyone who is home with new babies and everyone who is soon to be!

Mama to H (3/18/08)blahblah.gif and A (8/25/09)energy.gif

#127 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 01:02 PM

Quote:
I need to go to the store to pick up a few things (sigh... every time I go to the store I think "this is the last I'll have to stock up on X before the babe!"
Yeah, we keep buying all of this easy frozen food and just quick stuff for postpartum...and then eating it. And then buying more...
it's an expensive food month! Ugh.

I honestly feel like this baby is not coming out ANY time soon. I just feel...nothing. Can I really be that surprised...the baby will just start coming???, or is it not coming? Lol. I'm thinking September 1st or 2nd.

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#128 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 01:13 PM

Quote:

Pernillep, are they talking induction in 3 days?
Surprisingly enough induction has not come up yet. However my mom who is here from Denmark leaves on Friday and my midwife is going on vacation.
If I don't have the baby by then I will either get a midwife I have never met for my homebirth and I am not thrilled about that. Or I go to the hospital and probably have to get induced. I have an appointment this afternoon and I am going to force the conversation about what if.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#129 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 01:22 PM

You know you have lost it when..............

...A girl at the playground tells you she is getting induced in a week at 39 weeks and you don't bat an eye, you are actually jealous

...When the thought of going to the hospital and getting induced, right NOW actually sounds like the sane thing to do.

...When the thought of a c-section doesn't freak you out anymore. As long as it means having a baby, RIGHT NOW.

I have an appointment this afternoon and is going to talk to my midwife about getting an ultrasound. I need to make sure he is ok. I am not feeling as confident about this birth anymore. I am not sure how she will react as she is pretty hands off and NST and late date ultrasounds were never discussed. Seriously, we both thought he would have been here by now.

#130 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 01:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky_and_lavender View Post
Oh, yeah. I wanted to talk about me.

I went to the chiro late last week, and it was a new (to me) chiro at the same clinic and something didn't go quite right. (The table popped at the wrong time during an adjustment, and it hurt my back and I was too embarrassed for the chiro to say anything. I'd had a bad feeling about the chiro just before the adjustment but couldn't think of an excuse to up and leave...) Then I had baby positioning issues that caused back pain (I think), which I think I helped with back exercises. Last night my mid-back started hurting like crazy. I was not sure of the cause, but I tried moving around to fix it. Finally, after I positioned myself on my stomach with pillows for support, the baby moved and the pain stopped. But this morning my back is so sore, like in a "too much exercise" kind of way.
You should really go back and tell them they need to readjust you. I've done that before. I got really bad headaches from the chiro and waited the week. When I went in I told her whatever she did the week before gave me headaches. She informed me I should have come back the day after so she could fix it. Their point isn't to put you in pain. Seriously, that just doesn't sound good. I haven't gone to the chiro this week because mine is out of town and I don't like going to the other one. I guess I'll just be in pain until she gets back Monday.

by the way, I dreamed last night I was in labor. Does that count? I also scheduled a photography session with a friend who is just starting photography, next Monday. That should put me into labor. Anytime I have plans, that's when I have a baby
#131 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
You know you have lost it when..............

...A girl at the playground tells you she is getting induced in a week at 39 weeks and you don't bat an eye, you are actually jealous

...When the thought of going to the hospital and getting induced, right NOW actually sounds like the sane thing to do.
Amen to these two, mama. I can completely relate there...and as a natural birther who used to be pretty judgmental about other people who weren't so into it, I think it's good for me to see both sides.

First pregnancy=perfect. No rush to get baby out.

This one=completely too much. Can't wait to be done. Can't wait to see my baby and have the knowledge that he/she is healthy.

#132 of 189 Old 08-18-2009, 02:10 PM

Wombat, I am glad you are feeling more laid back at knowing you won't be preggo on Tues. Sorry this baby isn't coming faster.....Maybe he will come tonight!

Pernillip, I hope this baby comes soon for you!

As for me, it looks like I am going to be preggo for awhile. I still have a week and a half before my due date and getting really tired of it. I can totally relate with Pernillip about being jealous of other mamas who get induced and having a "shift" in thinking.

I was in the bathtub last night trying to do nipple stim to induce myself into labor and totally fell asleep. With DD#2, I was so laid back about being preggo, never thought about being induced either and was happy with going to 40 weeks. With this one, I am only at 38 1/2 and DONE DONE DONE! I guess I should just calm down because DD#1 came 2 1/2 weeks late, I could really be in for it!
#133 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 04:27 PM

bumping this. feeling kinda sorry for myself with all these birth announcements today
#134 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 04:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
You should really go back and tell them they need to readjust you. I've done that before. . . . She informed me I should have come back the day after so she could fix it. Their point isn't to put you in pain. Seriously, that just doesn't sound good.
Thank you so much for your advice and experience. I was feeling guilty about the chiro's mistake... how silly of me! In the end, I had to call another chiro because mine is out on medical leave. So tomorrow I'll be getting fixed, I hope! And I hope you're not in too much pain as you wait.

#135 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 04:35 PM

Quote:
bumping this. feeling kinda sorry for myself with all these birth announcements today
Aw, I'm sorry! I'm still very pregnant over here...

Last week my baby had turned from OA to OT, and now s/he's posterior, according to the midwife. Oh dear. But she also said that babies are smart and know when to come, and will sometimes turn to a position that discourages birth until the parents and circumstances are ripe. I know I have a sense of "unfinishedness" so maybe the midwife is right. My regular mw comes back into town Saturday. Maybe the baby is waiting for her to come home and rest up.

In the meantime, it's lots of fun positioning exercises for me.

#136 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 05:06 PM

Oh, boy... anyone else having trouble keeping up with all of the birth announcement threads? I have to keep checking some of them to see if I have posted in them or not.

Sorry about how you are feeling, texaspeach.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#137 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM

I'm glad you're able to get in to see someone else. being in pain is not any fun! I've actually been doing the hands and knees and arching my back which has helped a lot, so I'm not in as much pain. I don't think I can even get into see mine until next Wed. I should call and make sure and get into see her as soon as I can!

I saw my midwife today and she asked if I wanted to do anything to help the baby come. I told her no thanks. I guess she has someone else who is due next week and wanted her membranes stripped. She said she wouldn't do it if she knew I was going to go into labor soon. I told her to go for it since I'm just here for the long haul. I mean I want this baby out of me like no other, but I also have a lot going on and right now it would just be inconvenient I know, so helpful.
#138 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 07:49 PM

Quote:
Tell me about it. I am seriously considering going dark until this baby comes.

I broke down and did the castor oil this morning at 41 weeks 4 days. Other than a big bout of diarreah nothing is happening. My midwife then came to my house and did another sweep. good news is he is still sounding great and moving like crazy. He is not that big still so at least I don't have to worry about that.
If I do not go into labor tonight I am going into the hospital tomorrow for a NST and ultrasound. After that, we have until Monday or I will be transferred to OB care for induction.

#139 of 189 Old 08-19-2009, 07:55 PM

Ohhhh Pernillip, here's is hoping the castor oil and membrane sweep do their jobs tonight!!!!

Texas Peach, I am with you mama. Starting to wonder how many of "us" are left? I wonder if that is why I feel so ready to have this little angel, because everyday everyone else is getting to meet theirs!

How are you doing wombat?
#140 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 08:37 AM

Still hanging in there... 38w4d today. 3 of my babies have come before this point, and 3 after.
#141 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 10:08 AM

I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow and I have my second NST scheduled for 8:30am. If the NST looks good they'll ask me to schedule a c/s for early next week (I'm a vbac and they can't induce) and if the NST doesn't look good they'll send me right across the parking lot to the hospital for a cesarean then and there.

Needless to say I'm feeling that stress coming back and am planning a small dinner/breakfast in case I do end up in surgery.

Sigh.

I think that if the NST looks good I'll ask for a really serious sweep and chug RRL tea like crazy.

#142 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 11:41 AM - Thread Starter

Oooohhhhhhh - I'm thinking of you, Wombat!!! I hope your NST looks good!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#143 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 11:49 AM

Good luck wombat! I am thinking about you
#144 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 11:56 AM - Thread Starter

Hi ekh! It must be very hard to take care of a 17-month old and be so VERY pregnant and with back pain to boot...

Sky_and_lavendar - how did your adjustment go? The pain gone?

TexasPeach - Hugs going to you and your envy ... I've been there (that's why I started this thread)!!!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#145 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 12:38 PM

Wow, Wombat. No pressure! I hope you can get this baby to decide to come out, and soon!

I was looking at the weather and there aren't any storms coming here anytime soon. That's when my babies have come and I really want those storms to start rolling in and bring this baby out! I'm 39 weeks today.
#146 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 01:09 PM

wow, i haven't been on-line in a few days, I can't believe all the births!
I'm 40 + 2 today, I am alternating between being really moody/anxious and then wanting a few more days w/ ds and dh to relax.
I just can't be happy it seems.
Anyways, I have an acupuncture appt. today and if I haven't started labor by Monday I will ask my MW to strip my membranes. I thought about having her do it at yesterdays appt (w/ ds they stripped them at 40 weeks and nothing ever happened, I ended up being induced more than a week later) but she already had someone in early labor so I changed my mind.
#147 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
I'll be 42 weeks tomorrow and I have my second NST scheduled for 8:30am. If the NST looks good they'll ask me to schedule a c/s for early next week (I'm a vbac and they can't induce) and if the NST doesn't look good they'll send me right across the parking lot to the hospital for a cesarean then and there.

Needless to say I'm feeling that stress coming back and am planning a small dinner/breakfast in case I do end up in surgery.

Sigh.

I think that if the NST looks good I'll ask for a really serious sweep and chug RRL tea like crazy.
Good luck. I feel your stress and completely understand. Hope the NST looks good so you can have the weekend.

#148 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 01:52 PM

I am 41w5d today and very little going on. Since i started a separate thread to discuss my dilemma and get your perspectives I will not rehash it again. All I will say is I never expected to be in the place where I have to make these types of decisions.

Today I am trying to come to peace with my decision and the results of it. Right now I am trying to work though the anger at my body for not cooperating, the realization that I have lost over a week of leave with the baby and some resentment towards the baby for not playing by the rules. I know it sounds horrible.

#149 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Pernille. I understand...and I'm not even 40 weeks until Sunday.

Absolutely nothing is happening here. No contractions, no nothing, aside from the baby being really active. I'm drinking a quart of red raspberry leaf tea a day...but it does absolutely nothing. I honestly feel like I've tried everything natural and this baby's not coming out. I am trying to be positive and just hope that it's staying in until we hit the Virgo mark (Sunday) and then it'll scoot right out. Fat chance, right, but I can dream...

#150 of 189 Old 08-20-2009, 06:01 PM

Spring Sun and chi_mama - I want to know how your acupuncture appointment went! I'm hoping Spring Sun is off having a baby thanks to it.. I've got my appointment set for Tuesday morning if nothing has happened.

Pernillep

wombat - good luck!

My 'stay sane' activity for the day was lunch at my favorite lunch place and then I went to this store where you make your own bath products. For $12 I got a bubble bath in a really interesting scent and killed some time. I'm wearing a very fitted shirt today and normally I wear baggy clothes - people have been very kind with their comments about my whale like body I've had three random people tell me how cute I am today which has really done wonders to boost my spirits.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page