Pregnant mamas - check in!!! - Page 7 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2009, 03:11 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm also still here. My day is monday, and this whole pregnancy I assumed that I would probably go a week after for sure. However, this past week, I have been having little baby contractions with a pretty good bout of prodromal labor the other night. It's nice that something is finally happening, but now, I am really hoping some time this weekend or on monday. I know better than to do that, but I can't help myself. However, if I don't have the baby by monday, I will definitely go back to the mindset of next week, for my own sanity, if nothing else.

Wishing all you other ladies still waiting some labor vibes!!!!

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 09:03 AM

*wave* Still gestating! 39 weeks today. At 3:11 today this becomes my third longest pregnancy (of 7). On Thursday it becomes the second longest and on Friday my longest... But it remains to be seen if I'll go that long. I've been "on the brink" now for so long I'm thinking he's going to make me wait until my birthday next Monday! LOL! I've never hit my due date, and it's rare I go this long, so I'm really more curious than miserable at this point about how long this pregnancy will continue.

I did have some very uncomfortable contractions last night...but nothing ever picks up. I think my uterus just freaks out whenever I have to pee now. It didn't help that I'd spent way too much time and energy trying to rescue my poor water-logged basement carpet. It'd have been a nightmare to labor as sore as I was last night. Water in the birth pool was changed for the umpteenth time last night...hopefully for the last time.

Hang in there Mamas!
Old 08-23-2009, 09:52 AM

Well, depending on which way it's calculated, I was either 40 weeks yesterday or will be on Tuesday. I overdid it yesterday and had some intense feeling, but non-dilating contractions that seemed serious enough that the midwife asked us to drive (2 hours) down to her house (where we are birthing). After doing stuff in the area for a couple of hours, she sent us home. At least I slept okay last night. Maybe we'll all be cuddling our babies soon! I sure hope so!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:28 AM

surprise guys. I am still here. 42 weeks 1 day today.
I am trying to come to terms with the fact that this little one is not coming on his own before we have to do something. I am not comfortable going much more over knowing the fluid levels have already dropped and are getting close to dangerously low.

I had a nice day yesterday with a 1 hour pedicure, a huge banana split. lots of walking and several hours of intimacy with my breast pump. It produces contractions very close together but not nearly long enough to do anything. I did a few rounds of timing just to see and they are about 3 min apart but only lasting between 30-45 seconds and not painful. When I stop they fizzle out within an hour. I even tried staying up late last night as they have been stronger when I am not sleeping.

It is really hard for me to come to terms with the outcome. I was determined to have my peaceful, happy, unmedicated homebirth and here I am getting carted off to the hospital for an induction. I do feel like I failed and being the only one I know crazy enough to attemp a home birth I feel like i have failed homebirth in general and I am just waiting for the comments to start.
I guess I better pack a hospital bag today and get everything ready as no matter what I will have a baby by tomorrow night. After such a long wait it seems anti climatic thats for sure.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
Old 08-23-2009, 10:46 AM

That is it. If I see one more birth announcement I am going to jump off the nearest tall building. I better sign up for therapy sessions now because I will need them. I am so angry and recentful at how this is going for me. It is not fair. I am loosing out on my birth experience, several weeks of maternity leave and I am going to have to deal with the inlaws a day or 2 after coming home from the hospital. This is not how it was going to go.

Renae - See so much for my calm acceptance.

So, if you do not see me around it is because I have gone dark. I am not logging on until after I have had the baby and processed how this ended up in a way where I can move on.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
Old 08-23-2009, 11:55 AM

So, today passes my second due date. The first was my LMP which was the 19th....nothing, although DD2 was born ON her due date from my LMP, Today is the one from the second ultrasound and next sat. is the date from the first ultrasound at 6 weeks. I hear the 6 week ultrasounds are accurate +- 1.2 weeks, 7 day, 5 days. So, one way or another, hopefully I will be having this baby within the next couple of weeks!!!

Pernillip,I am so sorry! I will be thinking of you tomorrow!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pernillep View Post
I better sign up for therapy sessions now because I will need them. I am so angry and recentful at how this is going for me. It is not fair. I am loosing out on my birth experience, several weeks of maternity leave and I am going to have to deal with the inlaws a day or 2 after coming home from the hospital. This is not how it was going to go.

So, if you do not see me around it is because I have gone dark. I am not logging on until after I have had the baby and processed how this ended up in a way where I can move on.
I told my therapist she's going to need a therapist if I'm still pregnant in a few weeks b/c all I do is complain about being pregnant for an hour every week.

I went dark on facebook. Sick of people bothering me so I said "goodbye, won't be back until after the baby comes." I think sometimes that kind of thing is necessary for sanity.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 08-23-2009, 01:47 PM

Pernillep, I'm so sorry this isn't working out at all how you thought it would.

I started losing some plug last night and I've been progressively losing more today. Not sure if it actually means anything. There's also a storm here today and tomorrow and storms have always brought in my babies. If not, I have an appointment tomorrow morning with my chiro and she says she'll try to help things along. And if that does nothing, I'll probably get my membranes stripped at my appointment on Thursday. Really, I just want to be done. dh is setting up the crib in our room. We just picked up the toddler bed for 22 month old dd last night. dh is feeling crunch time and looking at names again.
Old 08-23-2009, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by saoirse2007 View Post
due 11 aug
some pinkish brown spotting and cramping yesturday
crampy contractions spaced far apart waking me up last night
from what i have read this really can go on forever...lol
the midwife is looking at induction next friday 21st at 41 +3
it is almost 6 am...maybe i can get back to sleep for a bit....
looking forward to this thread thinning out
had my daughter that night...well 2:26 am on the 16th....

didn't push once...I got to hosp at 5cm and she was born less than 1 hour later...my body just heaved her out...scared the crap out of my...they don't show that on the baby storey!!!
i heard you could feel the urge to push...I just didn't know that it could be so fast...almost violent and that you couldn't do a thing to stop it...
IT WAS AMAZING!!!! didn't hurt at all !!!
and i didn't tear to boot!!!
best experience ever!!!

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

User Tag List