Pregnant mamas - check in!!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
With all these announcements, it must seem overwhelming for you moms who are pregnant! My 1st baby was due Aug 26th 2003, and came Aug 30th (I was glad he at least made it into the Aug DDC), so I understand some of your envy, if you have any.

So who is still with baby within???

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)
#2 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:16 PM

Still pregnant and not due until the 24th. hopefully, I will stay in the August group, too

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

#3 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:22 PM

Still pregnant, and I'm on modified bedrest and preeclampsia watch. On the other hand, the baby's size estimate is only 7 pounds, 14 ounces at 38 weeks, so I think I did pretty well with the gestational diabetes management.

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!
#4 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:24 PM

Me too....my due dates have ranged from Aug 11th to Aug 19th depending on when/who/how it was calculated. But...this is my second baby and I went early with my first so I wasn't exactly expecting to still be pregnant right now! lol Just making sure to enjoy the time with my 4yo DS and finish up last minute projects while trying to take it easy.
#5 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:27 PM

yep, still pregnant - was due the 8th, but tend to cook my babies for a while and didn't have any u/s for dating, so who knows!
It would have been nice to have the baby earlier, maybe for the novelty factor of a baby that is under 9lbs and actually looks like a newborn. I'm pretty sure she will still be born in august - hoping before the 23rd as i'd like another leo not a virgo.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#6 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:29 PM

*wave* Still hanging in there :-) Due 8/30, I usually go early, and we have a few reasons to think it'll be sometime this weekend, but we'll see. Whenever it happens I think it's going to go fast...
#7 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:35 PM

Pregnant and due Aug 24th, too. Been having contrax off and on that are timeable and moving closer together in the evenings that peter out after a couple of hours, with other sharp pelvic and cervix pains, and mucous off and on for TWO weeks. Desperately trying to have a good attitude and patience. Some days are better than others. Hopefully today will be a good day. Dh and kids and I are going downtown to walk and that will be fun....

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#8 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:41 PM

I'm here! I'm basically 41 weeks now. I'm having frequent contractions that I can feel and lots of bloody show so hopefully those are signs that I'm nearing the end. I refuse to get discouraged! I'm trying to stay as active as I can and go on with life.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#9 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM

3 days shy of my due date, and still *very much* pregnant!!

Lisa, that sounds very promising--I'm looking for your big announcement soon.
#10 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM

I was due the 7th/8th... with a personal guess date of around the 13th (so either 40+ or 41 weeks right now). Still pregnant. Really ready for this babe. They're going to push rc/s hard on Monday.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#11 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:45 PM

I am 38w1d today and due on the 27th. I did not sleep at all last night, so Have been crying and such. Dh had not really been helping out this week or last and I am just finally breaking down. I can't figure out if I am overreacting or if he really is letting me down. Sigh.

I just want to rest today, but I can't.
#12 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:52 PM

My due date from LMP is Aug 17th, but I know the conception date - so I'm looking at Aug 21stish...been dialated to 2 and 70% effaced for almost a month...my daughter came 18 months ago at 38 weeks...this little girl is stubborn...having on & off contractions & cramping for over a week - started primrose oil 2 days ago & had bloody show since then???
#13 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 02:53 PM

I am here - due 8/25.

I don't think I am close but maybe that is wishful thinking. I know most of you seem to want to have their babies sooner, I would be totally happy with going until my due date or later!

I am uncomfortable, but I still have things to do and I am also hoping this baby will be a Virgo - my son is a Leo who loves being the center of attention and I think two like him would be difficult.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#14 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:19 PM

I am still here, was due the 11th, though m/w's had me today at the 14th. Either way I am ready to be done! Right now I am eating pineapple and getting ready to go get a massage. I am ready to be done!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#15 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:27 PM

Yup, still here. Due date of the 8th and a personal estimate date of the 12th. As you can see neither panned out. Getting a little edgy as I had to start my maternity leave and everyday without baby now means one day less with him before going back to work.

My midwife is going on vacation on the 21st and my mom is leaving the same day. So it pretty much means I have a week to convince this little guy to come join us.

I was 8 days past EDD with my first so if the pattern continues I still have at least a few more days.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#16 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:36 PM

Still here. 39 weeks pregnant minus 2 days. Never thought I'd make it this long since I have/had a subchorionic hematoma which often causes preterm labor. But yet...here I am.

The miserable part comes and goes and I cannot wait to be done being pregnant. Hats off to those who enjoy this time, but I do not like it at all. Can't wait to just be holding my baby.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#17 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:40 PM

Hugs Pernillep... sounds like we're DDC-twins! Let's see if we can both get these munchkins on the outside this weekend!

(wanna race? )

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#18 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:43 PM

I'm 38w and still here. I have a cousins reception tonight I want to go to, so baby can't come until at least tomorrow WHo knows though. I'm still just having as many BH as before. My feet have started to really swell. I tried to put one of my toe rings on and it wouldn't fit. I've been having really bad heartburn too but that might be because I have been eating really late lately. I am hoping to stay in the August DDC but I finally counted when 42 would be and that's Sept 11th. It helps to tell myself that date now to make things seem a little better even though I'm miserable.
#19 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:50 PM

39 weeks today!

DS was a 43 weeker but I am not going for that this time around, lol. I am hoping to hold out 'til Mon since one of my MW's is out of town. I'm selfish and I want them both here for the birth Nah, I would be happy with either MW, but I really want to share this experience with both of them. Pretty sure baby will stay in a bit longer anyway

Good luck Mamas!
#20 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 03:58 PM

Thank you, GenomicsGirl! All these birth announcements do make pregnancy seem a little passe...

Still-pregnant sisters, solidarity!

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
I was due the 7th/8th... with a personal guess date of around the 13th (so either 40+ or 41 weeks right now). Still pregnant. Really ready for this babe. They're going to push rc/s hard on Monday.
I'm really hoping for a nice weekend birth for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
I am 38w1d today and due on the 27th. I did not sleep at all last night, so Have been crying and such. Dh had not really been helping out this week or last and I am just finally breaking down. I can't figure out if I am overreacting or if he really is letting me down. Sigh.
I'm sorry! I have had pretty severe sleep deprivation intermittently during this third trimester, and I feel for you! How rough that he is not helping out. If he's not helping out, there's no doubt he should be helping out, so maybe a gentle mention of that is in order? It seems like you've been really gung-ho and active--maybe he doesn't realize that you need more help?

My official date is August 26, but I'm in no big hurry. I'm sleep deprived, struggling with RLS and not totally blissful or anything. But I'm used to being pregnant, and I get teary when I think that this big momentous experience is almost over. I like feeling my baby so close inside me and it seems kind of shocking that he or she will be newly separate from me not so long from now!

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#21 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 04:15 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
40 weeks 2 days here. Had a false alarm the other night where I really thought I was in labor, but other than that have just been having on and off BH. At my MW appt yesterday I was 1 cm and about 50% effaced. So at least I know a little something is happening...I'm kinda shooting for the end of next week, somewhere in the 41.5 range(yes, I know that sounds crazy, but I'm really not as miserable as everyone's expecting me to be. Though it will be SO nice when I can bend over or get off the couch without grunting and groaning!). MW would like for me to be dilated just a little more - like to 3 or 4 cm - before I go into labor, so I'm taking 5W and black cohosh to help with that. Not to mention that I would kinda like for this baby to be a Virgo, not a Leo...but an earlyyy Virgo, like the 23rd or the 24th. And I still wouldn't even be 42 weeks then....ah, we'll see. For now, I'm just trying to get my house back into acceptable baby-having order and keep the faith that she will come when she's supposed to.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#22 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 04:48 PM

Infrequent poster here but still pregnant too! 39w, 4-5cm, 70% and the last of my two best friends IRL (all of us were due within 2 days - couldn't have planned that!). Quite ready for this baby to come!
#23 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 06:17 PM

Still pregnant too! Due on the 28th, but I don't think she'll be in there that long. For a long time I thought we might meet her in early September but lately I've been thinking she'll come soon. Then yesterday I woke up and everything feels different. Can't put my finger on anything definite, but things they are a'changin!

Or, she could be in there for another 4 weeks!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#24 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 06:23 PM

38w and 2 days over here... sky_and_lavender and I share an EDD

I am hoping baby comes before his EDD so I don't have to deal with the induction talk

Not holding my breath though.

I went for a walk this morning and will go again tonight - trying to encourage him to get into a more favorable position.

I've woken up the past couple of mornings with cramps. They usually go away by lunch time and aren't exactly time-able. I'll wake up with a crampy sensation thinking I have to pee, but when I go to pee there really isn't anything there - and it isn't the same feeling as a bladder infection, just like period cramps but in my sleepy state it feels like I have to pee. I'm pretty sure my plug has been coming out over the past few days too.
#25 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 07:00 PM

EDD according to O date is 8/25.

Had bloody show this AM and ctx throughout the day- but they are waaaay far apart, so don't mean much. My M/W gave me a membrane sweep yesterday (3cm, baby dropped, very ripe, bulging bag) so it could just be a reaction to that and 2 more weeks of waiting!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#26 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 07:46 PM

Still here too, due 8/23. Babe gave me a little scare when I leanred that she had flipped breech on Tues (vaginal breech births don't happen around here) so I worked my butt off and confirmed that she turned back on Thurs. She's still head down. Now I'm just hoping to get the show on the road soon before she takes another tour of the uterus and gives me a heart attack.

MW gave me some labor prep tincture that I've been taking and I'm gonna start back up with the EPO and maybe even enlist the help of DH.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#27 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 08:00 PM

Still prego here with baby girl, was due Aug 10th.

My first, ds, was 43 weeks... ended in failed induction and csec....

Hoping for something different and trying not to get too wound up

I Have a suprise MIL house guest !!!

So Funny mama pisces I'm hoping I won't miss the LEO window

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#28 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 08:05 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Wonderful "seeing" you all. So good to know I'm not alone in playing the Waiting Game. 39 weeks, 4 days.... and seconds away from a nervous breakdown if I don't get this kid out soon! The "pelvic pressure" is getting old.

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
#29 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 10:22 PM

40 + 1 here. My other kids ranged from 2- 10 days past known conception EDDs. I just bake them longer. That doesn't mean I'm happy about it. I discovered a lovely large hemorrhoid today that hurts and is bleeding a bit. I also had a lot of ctx last night but went to bed and was able to sleep thru them so not the real thing. The topper was having my midwife appt changed from Wed. to today and then getting the call today that someone else (how dare them!) was in labor so no appt happening. That's a bummer as I was ready to discuss what I can do to help things along. She said she'd call me to set something up which more than likely really means waiting for labor. Could be another week or more. Hope not!

Robin and dh-Mark married 1997
Kiana - 1999, Quinn - 2002, Ciela - 2004, Carina - 2006 and Sullivan born 8-18-09
#30 of 189 Old 08-14-2009, 10:24 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradysMom View Post
So Funny mama pisces I'm hoping I won't miss the LEO window
Lol. I already have a taurus with a leo ascendant, so he is VERY Leo-ish. I figure if I have a Leo I'll have two kiddos always vying for the spotlight. The plus side is that they would (probably) have similar personalities and get along. But if I could pick, I would prefer a little more of a mellow personality for this one. Either way....she'll come when she's supposed to.

Well, you have 8 days left! Go and eat some Indian food and stock up on that pineapple and papaya...I'm going to do all of the above plus more if I get to next weekend and nothing's happened yet.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page