anyone get really really tired before labor? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 02:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Those of you who just had babies (naturally... not induced or c/s), did any of you notice you got realllly tired before labor began?
I went from being completely unable to sleep more than 2 hours at a time to suddenly really, really tired and sleeping for 11 hours a day! I know a lot of moms get jazzed and nest a lot (never happened for me before), but I'm wondering if anyone had the opposite happen and just turn into a total bum?

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 03:28 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Haven't had my baby yet, but I'm definitely interested in the responses! I've felt like a zombie for two days now.

Angel Wife to Daniel Mama to Astrid (11/06) Leland (9/09)
#3 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 11:11 AM

I dunno, but I have been completely exhausted the last couple of days. All I did this weekend was lay on the couch and snooze! Then, when I woke up, I was still tired!!!! I remember this with my other pregnancies though. I remember breaking down in tears wondering how I was going to labor when i was SO TIRED!
#4 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 12:22 PM

I've been turning in earlier and earlier every evening. I remember being more tired at the end of the last pregnancy than I'd ever been before, and I was afraid I wasn't going to be able to cope with the labor. Fortunately the labor was gentle, but even at the end I was too tired to even hold my legs back to push. Labor was 3 whole hours long. LOL..that should tell you how tired I was to begin with.

At 38w1d now I am not as tired as I was at the end of the last pregnancy. By the end of the day I am, but I am more able this time to get my energy back so that I can function during the day. That either means I have a ways to go (ack!) or that it's just going to be different with every pregnancy.
#5 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 01:10 PM

I have no idea if labor is going to happen any time soon, but yesterday I slept all day, all night, just woke up and could go back to sleep. I'm very tired.
#6 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 01:17 PM

With my other kids I got sick the week before or had a complete freak out the day of labor.
#7 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 05:49 PM

No labor yet, but I've definitely started to notice the same thing. Instead of spending most of the day either thinking about or actually doing all the little things to prepare for birth and baby...I'm now wanting to spend much more time resting and doing nothing. Especially after about 2pm. And it's so hard to listen to my body and let myself rest sometimes! Doing my best. Stayed home today instead of joining my husband in our chiropractic center to get some last minute work and office organization done. I have one thing to work on here from home, but can do it over e-mail.

I did get a really good reminder call the other day from one of my friends who is a birth doula and educator. She said that the birth experience is so much better when you're well rested and don't start out feeling exhausted. So whenever possible over the next few weeks, if I'm trying to decide if I should stay home and rest, run an errand or two, or go visit friends/family...to first think about how tired I will be afterwards. If the idea of going to do the activity and then immediately going into labor sounds horrible, knowing that I will be exhausted after whatever it is I want to go do...Don't do it!! Stay home instead, and if I don't go into labor that night, I can decide to do it earlier in the next day before tiredness sets in. Good advice, so I'm doing what I can to follow it!!

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
#8 of 9 Old 08-17-2009, 07:31 PM

I get really tired before each false start if that counts. So tired that I cannot even speak and need to lay down for 20 mins or so. I think our bodies are smart and know what is coming so they try to conserve energy.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#9 of 9 Old 08-18-2009, 02:09 AM

Yes! I noticed I was getting more tired and lethargic during the day were I wanted to nap a lot a few days before I had my little one. While I had a few small bursts of energy, my last day before having LO was spent with a lot of nap breaks.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page