Belly Binding - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 06:09 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Is anyone doing any sort of belly binding? If so what are you using? How long are you wearing it everyday? How long do you plan to wear it? If you have done it before does it really seem to help?

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#2 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 09:51 PM

A friend brought me a medical binder. It has cut out a lot of c-section pain, especially when getting up from sitting, etc. I'll wear it until that stuff doesn't hurt anymore.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#3 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 10:00 PM

not in your ddc, but i used a belly bandit and loved it! i would suggest using it immediately after birth. i had that "my guts are falling out" feeling, and the BB would have been awesome. i put in on as soon as i got home (about 8 hrs. after birth).
highly recommended.

mama to Journey (1/07) Sequoia (1/07) and Camellia (7/09)
#4 of 14 Old 08-20-2009, 11:22 PM

I just ordered a Belly Bandit today. I'll start to use it as soon as it arrives. I'm not sure how long or how often I'll wear it. That'll depend on how comfortable it is and how much it seems to be helping. I'm really hoping it helps. I really want to do a better job of getting back to a not pregnant looking shape this time around.

SAHM to flower.gif DD1 8/06 , loveeyes.gif DD2 8/09 , and bfinfant.gifDD3 9/12  married to geek.gif 6/99.  We homeschool.gif, cd.gif, homebirth.jpg, familybed2.gif, and lots of wash.gif and dishes.gif.

#5 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 03:04 PM

i'm tempted...hope it really works, though, especially given the price! but i just can't stand the shape of my belly right now (and those white-hot little weak spots in my ab muscles), so anything's worth a try.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#6 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 04:55 PM - Thread Starter

I actually have been wearing a pre-pregnancy waist cincher corset (designed for waist training not a off the rack piece) that I owned to try and get my guts and ribs in line. So far I find I can wear it about 14-16 hours a day comfortably, but definitely can not sleep in the thing. I am hoping it will do enough to give things some support so I can get things back in line somewhat.

I am so curious to see how it works for all of us.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#7 of 14 Old 08-21-2009, 06:32 PM

I've never heard of this before. So it would help get everything back where its supposed to?
#8 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 03:00 PM

I had thought I would bind my belly w/ a sheet, but never did it after all. Istayed in bed, mostly for days though. Yesterday I bought girdle type panties to wear. Overall I think my belly looks pretty good for 9 days PP.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#9 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 04:24 PM

Could you just wear a maternity belt afterwards, I wonder? Does anyone know? That is the thing I disliked most, too-the saggy belly.
#10 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 05:13 PM

I always buy VERY tight high waisted undies and am pretty happy with my belly right now... it will get better after I get these last 20 pounds off, too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
I had thought I would bind my belly w/ a sheet, but never did it after all. Istayed in bed, mostly for days though. Yesterday I bought girdle type panties to wear. Overall I think my belly looks pretty good for 9 days PP.
#11 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 06:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post
I always buy VERY tight high waisted undies and am pretty happy with my belly right now... it will get better after I get these last 20 pounds off, too.
Me too, but I just bought and put on these boy shorts w/ firm control. They are awesome! Comfy and keeps me from slouching, no saggy belly, little jiggle at all and very confy.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#12 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 06:10 PM

DDC crashing here...

I bought a belly bandit and wore it for a couple of weeks beginning on day 2 pp. It really helped with getting my uterus back down to size but once it got really hot here I ditched it! I sweat way too much under it!

Does anyone know how long you are supposed to wear one of these things anyways?? I am 1 month pp now and am wondering if I should put it on again...?

hh2.gif Proud Mama to DS1 09/07 ribboncesarean.gif, DD 07/09 hbac.gif, and DS2 06/11 uc.jpg.  Feeling more and more blessed with each day!

#13 of 14 Old 08-22-2009, 06:40 PM

website says 6-8 weeks. i think most women outgrow their first size by then and have to buy another to keep wearing.

i have the bamboo belly bandit on right now, it's pretty awesome. nice and supportive. i think when this gets too big (i got the medium but kind of wavered on the small), i might just get a post-op abdominal binder in the smaller size. much cheaper. will be attempting yoga tomorrow...

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#14 of 14 Old 09-04-2009, 07:13 PM

hey, can I say thank you for bringing this up?! I have been wearing a regular corset kind of thing, since its all I had, and my stomach looks better than it ever has after having a baby! I also had a cough right after and got a hernia behind my belly button and wearing this thing has help it all come back into place and supported my stomach. My muscles haven't been as sore and are almost back where they're supposed to be, almost 2 weeks later.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page