how many of "us" preggos are still left? - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 10:32 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
going to acupuncture this morning.. hoping it works.

(warning, may be triggering)

I'm having a hard time getting my head in a good space this morning. A good friend of mine lost her baby last night, at 20 weeks. He was healthy but she had preterm labor that couldn't be stopped. It happened very fast.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#62 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 01:24 PM - Thread Starter

Ugh, texas peach. Sorry about your friend.
#63 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 06:23 PM

Texas Peach, how sad for your friend

Well, we just had a visit from the midwife. It went really well and I was able to tell her my frustrations and how I'm super-ready. She was willing to do some things she usually doesn't do (internals for example) and she gave me a homeopathic remedy for some fears that have come up for me. She also promised acupuncture Thursday if things haven't moved along. She said she dreamed we had an amazing waterbirth...I hope she's right!!!

I feel like I'm the last one pregnant, arg. Who is left now???

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
#64 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 07:04 PM

Still here. Baby has been really dishing out the back pain. I did have the Webster done today, and I go back tomorrow. Hopefully I will hang in there for tomorrow's adjustment. I'm not too antsy...I want baby to come when he's ready, but I am desperate to avoid back labor. I'll do feet in the ribs if that means giving babe a chance to be well-positioned.

I couldn't believe how amazing I felt when I walked out of that office today. It's surreal, considering how terrible I've felt lately and how little all my efforts have really done to help.
#65 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 07:53 PM

I'm sorry for your friend, TexasPeach.

Don't worry, Raene. You won't be last. It will be me. I'm sure of it at this point.

*going away to be grouchy now*

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#66 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 08:39 PM

I'm still here too. My waters even broke this morning and I STILL can't get labor going.

Apparently, my uterus is simply not interested. DH is starting to get pretty nervous (though it's only been 6 -7 hours) but his nerves and excitement don't seem to be making any difference to my lack of contractions.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#67 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 08:47 PM

I haven't been sleeping at night at all lately. Finally got to sleep after 5am. I woke up around 8 to go to the bathroom and had horrible cramping. I thought "Oh no, I can't be laboring NOW, I am way too tired!" so I went back to sleep. I woke up again at 11 and they were all gone. Now I am wondering if I should have stayed up and walked!

The biggest mistake I made with my first birth was going to the birth center at 2am and laboring all night and then being exhausted by the time to push in the morning. I keep telling myself to get my rest at the first sign of early labor but I am wondering if that will just delay everything?

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#68 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 08:53 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
I'm still here too. My waters even broke this morning and I STILL can't get labor going.

Apparently, my uterus is simply not interested. DH is starting to get pretty nervous (though it's only been 6 -7 hours) but his nerves and excitement don't seem to be making any difference to my lack of contractions.
Awww! Rest assured, statistically your labor WILL start within 24 hours. Good luck! Sending you some :
#69 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 08:57 PM

Is it normal that I feel the urge to spontaneously burst into tears several times a day for no specific reason?!

#70 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 09:01 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykaoss View Post
Is it normal that I feel the urge to spontaneously burst into tears several times a day for no specific reason?!

Yes. And it'll probably get worse right after the baby is born. I get really weepy around the time my milk comes in. "The sky is blue! Waaah!"
#71 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 09:42 PM

I haven't posted here yet. I'm still pregnant. Baby # 6 seems to have very little interest in joining us. EDD was 8/2 and at 43+2 I am seriously about to lose my mind.... Bloody show 2x, in the last week and a half and 11 hours of "false" labor at 42+1. I have NEVER carried a baby beyond 41 weeks. I am SO frustrated... How much longer could I possibly be pregnant? I've always had trouble going into labor on my own but THIS is making me crazy!
#72 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 10:51 PM

: dislocator3972

babykaoss

I feel like I've been punched in the crotch. that's a good sign, right? My upper vagina, maybe my cervix, feels achy when I'm sitting. When I'm standing my back hurts (baby is not posterior). Feels like AF is about to be here. I have my period cramps mostly in my back. I tried to check my cervix but my fingers just aren't long enough! I can't feel baby head either. Still don't have my hopes up for anything happening.
#73 of 134 Old 08-25-2009, 10:55 PM

Quote:

God I hope so. As long as DH isn't here, I go ahead and do it, and it usually feels wonderful.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#74 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 12:30 AM

Quote:

I had a HUGE crying jag last week. It really helped me to finally just let it all out in one big cry. I was bawling for about 2 hours and it was so cathartic! I have felt better since then.

I was wondering if my PPD came early. I just hit rock bottom with pelvis aches, headaches and I became overwhelmed with doubt if I even had the strength or ability to have this baby. It has been a long 9 months....

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#75 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 03:28 AM

Thanks for all the good wishes.

Still no labor. Castor oil+blue and black cohoshes+walking gave me some, but they stopped as soon as I stopped walking, and I was so sick to my stomach I couldn't keep walking.

We've tried nip stim and nearly everything else we can think of. Tonight: I'll try an orgasm and then just rest. Either way I'm going to be in labor all day tomorrow, so my midwives and I decided that rest is the thing to do. I have until 9am to be in active labor.

Prayers/good vibes/thoughts appreciated!

#76 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 10:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
I have until 9am to be in active labor.

Prayers/good vibes/thoughts appreciated!
...sending them along.....

#77 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 11:14 AM

hoping you're in labor right now dislocator!

Today is my due date. I am not in labor. That's what I posted on facebook People get all excited that it's the EDD - this baby is NOT a library book, nothing happens on the due date. He does feel lower down and that is a good sign. Tomorrow is the 27th, which is one of my guesses for a birthday. Who knows if it will happen.
#78 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 12:23 PM - Thread Starter

My water broke! I woke up this morning with contractions. Then they went away and I took a bath and felt a pop and my water broke. Here is hoping that labor starts soon!!!
#79 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spiritedmama View Post
My water broke! I woke up this morning with contractions. Then they went away and I took a bath and felt a pop and my water broke. Here is hoping that labor starts soon!!!
: for labor!
#80 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 02:03 PM

Happy due date, texaspeach! We made it to 40 weeks!

I'm wishing everyone the best. (Sorry I'm not more chatty... I'm really wishing everyone happy births!)

I am really sick with PUPPP. I'm just trying to survive at this point. Pregnancy has been hard for me, but this is the worst.

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

#81 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 03:26 PM

Also sending everyone still here good laboring vibes!

I hear you on the due date thing, texaspeach. My Dad left me a VM yesterday saying "Yeah, it's your due date, I'm so excited! Any 'labor pains' yet? Call and tell me what's going on!"

And of course, it's great that he's excited for his first grandbaby to get here...but I could get past the part about him asking about my labor pains, and didn't even want to call him back! I did answer when he called the second time later in the day, and let him know that it was most likely he'd have to wait at least another week, and I would be sure to call him (or have someone call him) as soon as I felt like something was happening for sure.

I have started feeling a bit more crampy...so at least a sign that something is going on to get my body ready!

Dislocator 3972 - I think I missed sending you well wishes before your 9am deadline today, but I hope all is going well no matter how it ended up getting started!

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
#82 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom&BabyChiro View Post
I hear you on the due date thing, texaspeach. My Dad left me a VM yesterday saying "Yeah, it's your due date, I'm so excited! Any 'labor pains' yet? Call and tell me what's going on!"
Ahh, and my dad is used to my step-siblings who have inductions left and right ahead of their due dates so he texted me a week *before* my due date to see what the progress was. Ugh. Patience, people (family)! You gotta have it b/c I don't, lol!

Ach, PUPPS looks so painful, Sky! So sorry you have that.

I've been crying daily too. My partner even got scared and asked the midwife if it was normal.

Excuse my brain if I already posted this, but I had a midwife appt yesterday and the outcome was really positive. I stood my ground, which is hard for me, and told her what I want (things she doesn't necessarily agree with). While she's not willing to do membrane sweeps, saying that she's seen it put women into labor for days. But she was willing to do an internal b/c I've not been able to find my own cervix and I've been feeling annoyed about it. She also finally gave me peace of mind that my baby is about 7 lbs 4 oz (before she kept calling it a "tiny" baby) and that my fluid levels are good (something I've been worried about, too).

Just having that appointment made me feel at ease and I got the first good night's sleep in a long while. I feel like I can be more patient now. However, she's an acupuncturist and she is going to see me in the next two days for that. Hopefully I'll have an August baby...

#83 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 10:35 PM

42w2d
painful contrax for three ish days, bloody show/mucus. GREAT Dr visit today - passing tests with flying colors. The BEST OB ever! She even said if we keep it up with the good looking placenta she won't induce/deadline me on Mon when I hit 43 wks!!!:

Consider I am more than solid on my day of conception - I felt implantation and was nauseous 5 days later... sooo

she is totally listening to my baby cooker and my little girl and giving us the respect this needs... also takes a ton of pressure of so that maybe this "rushes" stuff can do hard work

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#84 of 134 Old 08-26-2009, 11:09 PM

GradysMom that's great news!!

over here in my court.. the baby has turned to LOA!! The acupuncture/massage/chiro may not have started labor, but it seems to have gotten him into a better position. He had been hanging out over on my right side and I'd been paranoid about him flipping posterior. I'm much more comfortable with him LOA. Maybe I'll do some squats.
#85 of 134 Old 08-27-2009, 12:22 AM

I'm still here... tomorrow is my first 42w mark. I'm leaning toward my dates having been off though.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
#86 of 134 Old 08-27-2009, 04:58 PM

Been having strong contractions on and off but nothing seems very productive yet.

Have an appt tomorrow for acupuncture. I'd like to not make it to the appt and be holding my little one. But I'm not all that hopeful.

#87 of 134 Old 08-27-2009, 06:10 PM

Only 41 + 1, but feeling the pressure of a looming deadline! Wish I had an OB like gradysmom!!!!! Am really hoping I'll go into labour by 41+5 or 6. I am dreading the TOC that will happen at the 42 week mark. Feeling very stressed. Baby is floating, cervix is 1cm thick and 1 cm dialated. Am worried that baby's posterior position is not going to allow s/he to engage and get things going. Went for chiro & accupuncture today, and walked a TON. Will scrub all my floors tomorrow.

Beth
#88 of 134 Old 08-28-2009, 10:17 AM

Where is everyone...having their babies???

#89 of 134 Old 08-28-2009, 10:29 AM

unfortunately not

My appointment is in an hour. I'm glad DH was able to get some time off today to go with me.

I can't tell what position the baby is in and it's bothering me. Before it was always so easy to tell - I'm wondering if he's turned posterior and all I'm feeling is knees and elbows.
#90 of 134 Old 08-28-2009, 10:46 AM

41 weeks today. Just a little crampy but not other signs of labor. Pretty sure baby is posterior. Trying to do hands and knees as often as possible. I really don't want to go on another week. I just want to snuggle my baby

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page