how many of "us" preggos are still left? - Page 5 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#121 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 09:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
I keep telling the baby "there's boobs out here! YOU LOVE BOOBS! you just don't know it yet"

so far it hasn't worked.
I dont normally read this thread since had my baby a while ago, but opening to this- Just cracked me up!! All I can think is if that hasn't worked, you must be having a girl.
I was at a wedding the other day and my little baby boy was being held my the bride, and she had a very low cut sleeveless dress (push up might I add) and my baby put his hands out and grabbed her boobs and them snuggled his head in them. He had no intrest in coming back to me.
#122 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 12:35 PM

wanted to let you all know I finally left prodromal land this last Friday, and have my birthstory up and pics too

http://www.mothering.com/discussions/showthread.php?t=1130466

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#123 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 02:18 PM

Congrats!!!

Can't wait to leave it too. Been here for weeks now.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
#124 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 03:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinnyslady View Post
Mine is here, FINALLY! She arrived Aug. 28th at 43+5. I was in denial that this was finally it, my husband ended up having to catch her. About 60 minutes after I finally realized I really WAS in labor, I thought I had to pee. Waters broke on the toilet during a contraction and I realized I was pushing! She was born just seconds after my DH helped me off the pot onto the floor. He didn't so much as have time to wash his hands!
She was an unassisted UBA2C, cord wrapped tightly around her neck twice. She weighed a petite 7lb. 7oz., lots of meconium but is doing well.
wow 43+5! if you can wait that long maybe i can too. congrats!

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

#125 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 07:01 PM

congrats to those of you no longer waiting

I bit the bullet and drank some castor oil today. I realized that if I consent to an induction, they want to do it THIS WEEK on Weds or Thurs. I wanted to try this before a medical induction but if it didn't work, I wanted to give my body some time to recoup before the big guns got brought out.

I blended the oil into a banana milk shake (I hate bananas so if it came back up I wasn't ruining my favorite food). I mixed in 2oz, which is a 1/4 of a cup. It wasn't too bad. I managed to keep it all down, it wasn't that gross. I did it at 12:30 and it's now 5pm. I've visited the bathroom more than a few times so far. I've read that if labor is going to happen, it will happen within about 6 hrs. So far, no labor. I didn't do another dose and am not really interested in doing another dose! It's not *that* bad, but I don't think it's going to do anything.

So Raene - don't be too afraid. It isn't that bad. It is kind of like having food poisoning with out the barfing and the fever. I'd suggest good reading material and some flushable wet wipes for the bathroom.
#126 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 07:12 PM

Sending you some good vibes, amanda! Hope to hear your birth story soon!
#127 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by texaspeach View Post
congrats to those of you no longer waiting

I bit the bullet and drank some castor oil today. I realized that if I consent to an induction, they want to do it THIS WEEK on Weds or Thurs. I wanted to try this before a medical induction but if it didn't work, I wanted to give my body some time to recoup before the big guns got brought out.

I blended the oil into a banana milk shake (I hate bananas so if it came back up I wasn't ruining my favorite food). I mixed in 2oz, which is a 1/4 of a cup. It wasn't too bad. I managed to keep it all down, it wasn't that gross. I did it at 12:30 and it's now 5pm. I've visited the bathroom more than a few times so far. I've read that if labor is going to happen, it will happen within about 6 hrs. So far, no labor. I didn't do another dose and am not really interested in doing another dose! It's not *that* bad, but I don't think it's going to do anything.

So Raene - don't be too afraid. It isn't that bad. It is kind of like having food poisoning with out the barfing and the fever. I'd suggest good reading material and some flushable wet wipes for the bathroom.
Amen on the wet wipes.

Castor oil wasn't terrible, but I've seriously considered slipping some in to my hubby's food. Just so he can get a taste of what I tried and did to have our daughter. You know, so he can more fully *share* the experience.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#128 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 08:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
Amen on the wet wipes.

Castor oil wasn't terrible, but I've seriously considered slipping some in to my hubby's food. Just so he can get a taste of what I tried and did to have our daughter. You know, so he can more fully *share* the experience.
I used Castor Oil.. I hadn't told anyone that yet, but I thought I would finally share Worked for me! I am all for SHARING the experience!

Did it work for you? how much did you take? How long did it take?
#129 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 08:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
Amen on the wet wipes.

heh. My dh has IBS, so we've joked that he knows what contractions are like. I can totally understand wanting him to appreciate your effort!
#130 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 09:19 PM

Only 4 hours left of August. I am shocked this is going to be a September baby.

I guess she must love sapphires!

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#131 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 09:27 PM

Right there with you. Can.not.believe.it.

At least it makes things more interesting if I ever get any of that mommy-birthstone jewlery....since I already have a LO born in August.....

#132 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykaoss View Post
Right there with you. Can.not.believe.it.

At least it makes things more interesting if I ever get any of that mommy-birthstone jewlery....since I already have a LO born in August.....
Me too! My 5yo son was born August 10. All through this pregnancy I have been saying, I must love August babies!

And here I was, worried that she would come too early and that their birthdays would be too close together.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
#133 of 134 Old 08-31-2009, 10:39 PM

yeah. I can't believe I put off my dd's birthday party till after the baby came. : Her birthday was the 25th, the day after my due date. We just had a family party last minute. I feel bad for doing that, but with all the prodromal labor I was *sure* this baby was coming before her birthday.

#134 of 134 Old 09-01-2009, 12:48 AM

well, I don't think labor is in the cards for me tonight. I could be wrong, but I'm not holding out hope.

After all the castor oil action, I'm having some back pain, which may or may not be baby related. I'm still having some intermittent cramping, but I don't think it's contractions. I did manage to sleep for two hours and I think I'm going back to bed.

Ah well, glad THAT'S over (I hope, yikes!)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page