how many of "us" preggos are still left? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 08-23-2009, 11:57 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I was just wondering...I know there is only about a little over a week left in August and just wondering how many of us are left. Pretty sure, I will be the last to have the baby since my due date is so late....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2009, 12:01 PM - Thread Starter

seriously starting to get a little irritated. Some of the babies in september have already been born. AGH!!!! I know exactly how Pernille feels. It is great that everyone ELSE is having their babies and their birth stories are awesome but I want my baby too!
Old 08-23-2009, 01:22 PM

Me too.

Due date is tomorrow. My sister just left to go back home from out of state. Obviously, no baby.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
Old 08-23-2009, 01:29 PM

42 weeks going by my LMP, but I'm a 43 week-er.

My midwife and I might try to get labor going in a few days, my husband can't take much time off work so if I went into labor wednesday/thurs he could take a couple days and have the weekend too. It'd be nice to have him home.

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

Old 08-23-2009, 01:33 PM

Today's my due date, but I don't feel like anything's going to happen for a while.

Partnered mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09) and 8 critters, including a !
Old 08-23-2009, 01:55 PM

Present. My due date is on Thursday. So well see. I have had no signs at all, then I woke up at 5am with some stronger contractions that were 8 minutes apart. We'll see today. I just woke up a half hour ago, so what should I do to move things along? Tea? Walking? Sex? If I am ready will all those things help? I am ready!

A good thing that happened was I did really think might be in the start of labor this morning, so I put on my hypnobabies early labor cd and I stayed with the sensations and was totally able to relax and open. I have been scared about how I will handle the pain (esp after my mw told me I am no good at handling it, grr), so that gave me a boost of confidence.

we are going to go to the "beach" today (a little hole dug up in dry CO with some sand and water). Maybe I will try to walk and swim, relax, and talk to the baby a bit. Sounds good to me!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:09 PM

I'm still here. edd is Thursday or Friday, depending on what you go by. I am so sick and tired of people being shocked to see me still pregnant. then there's dh's cousin who IM's me every time I log onto facebook to ask if there's a baby. If there was, wouldn't I have updated my status?! Ugh, I'm ready to go dark and stay away from everyone!
Old 08-23-2009, 02:47 PM

Still here. EDD is tomorrow the 24th. I'm still fine with going well past my due date, but I am anxious to finally meet this little bebe!! For whatever reason, the other day, I told my husband that maybe sunday night.... so, we'll see.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 08-23-2009, 03:03 PM

Sending happy labor vibes to all of you. Babies who go past their EDD tend to be the most content babies. They are so content that they aren't in a hurry to come out, but when they do they make the best cuddlers.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 08-23-2009, 03:11 PM

I am still here. My EDD isn't until the 31st, so I have been kind of moving btwn the Aug and Sept DD clubs. However, my first was born at 39 weeks, so I was hoping that this baby would come early too and be an August babe.

Is anyone else feeling restless? I don't have too much motivation to do anything during the day. It takes a lot to get up the energy to do the grocery shopping or make dinner. At the same time, I keep waking up at night and even falling asleep is hard even though I feel exhausted.

Why is the waiting so hard????
Old 08-23-2009, 03:17 PM

I'm here. EDD is the 26th.
Old 08-23-2009, 04:06 PM

I am here. My due date is the 25th (Tuesday). I have been holding out for after the 23rd to have a Virgo (DS is a Leo) so now I am ready!

DS was born at 40 weeks and 2 days so I am thinking she will come this week (I hope). I am going for a VBAC so I can't go much past 41 weeks or so before they are going to want to section me.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Old 08-23-2009, 04:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlygf View Post
Ugh, I'm ready to go dark and stay away from everyone!
That's exactly what I'm doing today. I am not getting dressed, I'm sitting on the couch with all the shades drawn just wallowing for a while. My church has been amazingly supportive and so generous and kid to me this pregnancy, but I'm not facing anyone today, no matter how good they are to me. I'm even kicking DH out of the house periodically.

Oh, add me to the list. Definitely still pregnant. Not due until Friday, but when you tell people that you're due "late August" or "early September" they hear that you're due August 1st. I think everyone (me included) thought the baby would be here weeks ago, even though none of us had any real reason to believe that.

I keep trying to remember all those things that I didn't do in early pregnancy because one of them might induce labor. Does anyone know if laying on your stomach can put enough pressure on your uterus to break your water? (just kidding. . . mostly)

Oh well, DH should be home with my blueberry muffin, hot chocolate, and iced decaf Americano any minute.

I think I'm going to ask DH to move the rocking chair to the back porch and then go sit out there until the baby comes out. It's getting pretty brisk here in the mornings, maybe I can chill this kid out!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 08-23-2009, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Sending happy labor vibes to all of you. Babies who go past their EDD tend to be the most content babies. They are so content that they aren't in a hurry to come out, but when they do they make the best cuddlers.
Oh that's going on a post it note!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:09 PM

I'm still here, EDD on Wednesday and not really expecting anything before then (or soon after then--this is my first baby!) Miserable from PUPPP (an itchy rash all over my belly and parts of my legs and arms).

Mama to a bilingual (Arabic/English) and cuddly 3 year old, and planning another peaceful homebirth in June.

Old 08-23-2009, 05:31 PM - Thread Starter

I dunno about that Jillian. My first one was 16 days late and a very "spirited" little baby!
Old 08-23-2009, 05:43 PM

Shoot, I really thought I would have my baby today since this morning was the first time I have had painful contractions. I really and starting to make myself crazy with this. How do you all let go?
Old 08-23-2009, 05:54 PM

I haven't been able to yet. I keep telling myself I have but I'm just really good at faking.
I was taking a nice shower and I was talking to the baby telling him I will try to be the best mommy for him and his siblings are excited to meet him.
Old 08-23-2009, 06:01 PM

Still here too - not due until the 27/28. I feel really good (now that I've shaken the horrendous head cold I had last week), so I'm ok with going till due date - even longer would be better as we are having some renos done (painting, countertops and tiles!)

I just figure there is not much to do about when baby comes (although if men had babies, I'm sure there would be a watch that would know exactly prelabour signs, and counted down for them! ), so I'm just hanging out and enjoying time with my almost 3yo!

Good vibes to all the mamas left!

Kelly , mama to 4yo and 1yo ,
Old 08-23-2009, 06:07 PM

Still here, due on the 28th. I really thought I'd had a baby by now but looks like we're waiting! My parents just arrived and now I have the strange feeling, pressure to perform maybe? I'm getting a little irritated with the questions and the looks. I am a little nervous about delivery. I have a massive hemerroid (sp?) and I'm scared to see what it will look like after delivering a baby... Any good tips for caring for this particular issue?

Good luck Mamas! Hang in there!!!
Old 08-23-2009, 08:58 PM

I'm still pregnant. I've been looking back in my journal from Nov/Dec and trying to figure out if I could be less pregnant than expected- we've had my "due date" as 8/13. My first was born at 41w1d and thanks to some concerns about some medical issues, I've tried a few induction techniques with the blessing of my MW that haven't produced a baby.

I'm at peace with it at this point.

Mama to Raina (9/06) and Peter (8/09)!
Old 08-23-2009, 10:09 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ErinBird View Post

I'm at peace with it at this point.
Well, hopefully some of that peace rubs off on me . Hi, girls. One week post-date and hanging in there....

In God we trust; all others must show data. selectivevax.gifsurf.gifteapot2.GIFintactivist.gif
Old 08-23-2009, 11:02 PM

I'm here. I was due on Friday. I did wake up feeling a bit down about it today. I know she'll come when she is ready. DS was 15 days past EDD, so I am trying my best to be patient.

Good luck Mamas
Old 08-23-2009, 11:03 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
:

My calmest, happiest baby was my 41 weeker.
Old 08-24-2009, 12:11 AM

also still here. I was due 8/18. DS was late so I was prepared to go over but I'm getting difficult to be around... hopefully soon. I am going to ask MW to sweep my membranes tomorrow.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:22 AM - Thread Starter

I am not even overdue yet chi mama (my due date is the 29th sat.) and I am very difficult to be around. good on all of you mamas who are overdue and still managing to stay sane! I think that at the point that Sat. comes and goes I am going to start crying and pull my hair out!!!
Old 08-24-2009, 09:33 AM

Still hanging in there... 39w1d. I've never gone past 39w5d, so we're either very close or on track to make a record here. LOL! As our basement flooded out Friday night and there's just so much to do now I suppose every day baby hangs in there is a day I can be somewhat helpful in trying to recover. My contractions are definitely intensifying, but they are way too sporadic.
Old 08-24-2009, 09:59 AM

Still here 40 + 5.
Beth
Old 08-24-2009, 10:40 AM

I'm still here with everyone too! EDD is tomorrow, 8/25. Feeling like it's likely going to be a bit longer still, although of course one never does know! Especially when it's the first time...

I keep trying to remember what I always told my pre-natal patients before I was ever pregnant...there's no such thing as a specific due date (or at least there shouldn't be). It's really a DUE MONTH and it's totally normal and natural for baby to be born anytime around the one month range.

Luckily, I'm still feeling pretty good, and as of last week am not working anymore. So I've really been enjoying this time to relax, read, and spend some time alone right now...knowing that I won't have much time to myself anymore in the very near future!

I AM getting anxious to meet this baby and get to know more about him or her (especially to find out if it IS a him or her...I almost went out to buy one of those drugstore tests the other day ).

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
Old 08-24-2009, 10:52 AM

Last post as pregnant.
Still here today at 42weeks2 days. Never thought I would be. I hope none of you have to go through that.

There is something very weird about knowing when you will have your baby. I think I am more afraid of the pain this time because I can anticipate it. Last time it just happened and I went with it. A little worried it will not allow me to relax enough to get the show on the road this morning.

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09

User Tag List