I know there are a handful of us!

babykaoss, mrsrayray, Jadzia?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 07:02 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm still waiting around here too...officially going to have a September babe!

I cooked and brought over a meal for one of the mommas in our local Holistic Moms Network group who had her baby on Sunday at 37.5 weeks - of course we all thought I'd have my baby first and she would be bringing me a meal, instead of the other way around . But you just never know how these things will go!

I finally started having crampy contractions yesterday...so at least I know something is happening. Tried to fall asleep, but besides being kind of restless, the uncomfortable contractions and baby wiggling all around in there woke me up when I did almost manage to fall asleep. So now I'm up, and wondering what's going on and if I'll actually figure it out and know when I'm in labor. I've been timing each time it "hurts" - but then don't ever know when it actually stops again. But the ouchy, squeezing in my pelvis seems to be happening every 9-10 minutes. Maybe I can try one more time to go back to sleep...

Laelle - living my dream life : :, very happily married , and expecting our first : in Aug/Sept. '09 : : :
Old 09-01-2009, 08:53 AM

Me my oldest is a Sept baby also, so we may as well be doing joint birthday parties in the future. Poor kids
Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 AM

me too!

42 weeks tomorrow. I have to have an OB consult tomorrow and most likely, my MW will have to transfer care.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:23 AM - Thread Starter

Mom&BabyChiro - I had to move to the couch with a heating pad last night because I was so crampy/back achey. Around 5am I noticed I was waking up every 6 minutes in pain. Now that I'm up, I think they've fizzled out.

Going to the mw this morning, will have to decide what to do regarding induction
Old 09-01-2009, 12:17 PM

I've only posted here once, I think, but I lurk a lot. I'm still waiting, too. But I like the idea of a September baby
Old 09-01-2009, 01:08 PM

I am going in for my first NST today. Wish me luck!

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Old 09-01-2009, 01:16 PM

I'm still here too. I was due the 30th... I think the bloody show happened last night, amidst the cramping & peeing & irregular contractions, but I'm second guessing everything at this point. I have a doc appt today at 4, so will update then! Good luck all!
Old 09-01-2009, 01:32 PM

Good luck on your appt today Texas.
Good luck on your NST today Jadzia.
Good luck on your other appts everyone else still waiting!

I'm just hanging in there. Its my favorite sister's birthday today, so today is A-OK with me! *hint, hint, baby!*

41+1. We'll see how long this continues. It's almost FUNNY to me at this point that I'm still pregnant. Anyone else having miserable rib and back pain? This is new territory for me, don't remember feeling it with my other two pregnancies. I'm thinking babe must be bigger than his siblings were.

Sarah- following my bliss, mama to 3 :
Dd to Ds: "Let's have a snack party! I got us chips, and a hammer!"
Old 09-01-2009, 02:18 PM

Texaspeach: I woke up today thinking of you right away wondering if the baby had come. I hope today is the day.
Old 09-01-2009, 03:54 PM - Thread Starter

well those contractions I was having have not stopped! They're coming every 3-6 minutes. My back is killing me just like it does when I have my period. Baby isn't posterior, but my back is hurting constantly even between contractions.

I had an NST today too and it picked up the ctx. Baby looks good and is very active. Had a VE that found me to be 4-5cm and 70-80%, but baby is still high in the pelvis.

I hope this is it. If it isn't, an induction is scheduled for Friday.

I'm going to call our doula and update her and then try to take a nap. DH is home from work - he's got a cold or something that is going around work.
Old 09-01-2009, 04:18 PM

43+1 from my LMP, I had a visit with my midwife today, baby sounds great, everything is going well, just waaaaaiting. My midwife is checking with another local midwife for a second opinion, but I'm healthy, the baby is healthy, and there's no reason we shouldn't wait as long as she keeps thriving.

I'm also feeling a little more patient this week than I was last week.

married to my best friend, stillheart.gif britt, since 8.12.2004 ...homeschooling mama to my girls: avi born 8.3.05, my ryan leanor 1.5.08, azia 9.2.09, and #4 a BOY! due in november 2011.  homebirth.jpg

Old 09-01-2009, 07:21 PM

Just got back from my NST. They said it was "non-reactive" - something about her heart rate not increasing with movements? I think she was sleeping? Anyway, the midwife was busy in a birth so called in an OB who came in to speak with me - this lady (who looked EXACTLY like Ann Coulter) freaked me out - kept talking about increased risk of stillbirth at my age and at 41 weeks. I totally started crying because I have been already freaking out every time I have periods of not feeling her move. She said that 80% of the time my results could mean nothing, but 20% of the time it could indicate a problem with the placenta. Also, my fluid was a little on the low side.

Finally the midwife came in and she was very calming and reassuring. Despite being previously told they will not induce me due to me being a VBAC, she said they could give me with pitocin. She checked me again, I am 3cm dilated, 90% effaced and head is down. She stripped my membranes before I left.

I could have stayed and started right then and there, but my husband and I came home to get my son from pre-school, call my mom to comeover and give us time to get some dinner and get our things in order. I think we will head in around 7pm for the induction.

Am I doing the right thing? I know inductions are a slippery slope that set you for further interventions, although I avoided everything like that the first time and still ended up with a c-section (while my friend who was enduced and had an epidural had a V-birth).

I just can't stop worrying about the baby and I would never forgive myself if something happened to her because I was holding out too long in order to havemy "ideal" birth. I am so emotikonal right now. I really need to have this baby soon.

The midwife seemed to think I would be a good candidate for pitocin since I already am ripe otherwise.

I am glad everyone else is having good test results so far. I wish I could wait a little longer but I am so worried about my baby.

Mommy to DS Adrian 8/10/04 and DD Geneva 9/02/09
Old 09-01-2009, 08:02 PM

Jadzia-Not in your DDC but after reading your post I decided to respond. Hopefully they can just start you on a lower dose of Pitocin and your body will respond. I'll be thinking about you.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

Old 09-01-2009, 08:09 PM - Thread Starter

Jadzia I hope the induction goes smoothly.

as fo rme.. I took a nap and the ctx spaced way out, I'm not sure if they'll come back. And I think DH may have the flu. He is sneezing and carrying on like it's the end of the world.
Old 09-02-2009, 01:53 AM - Thread Starter

I have a serious case of dog nose. I can smell everything for miles around. And I'm majorly cranky - that might have something to do with people bugging the crap out of me. My long nap may have ruined my ability to sleep tonight.
Old 09-02-2009, 12:18 PM - Thread Starter

I hope all of you are off birthing your babies this morning

I have been a hormonal mess all morning. First I yelled at DH for not going to work - he is sick with a cold or flu and realistically I want him to stay home and get well so he isn't ill when the baby arrives, but it pissed me off that he was missing work and will miss more work when the baby comes (and he gets no PTO because he just started this job). He snapped at me which sent me into a cry-fest. And then someone said something not intended to be hurtful but was (You're STILL pregnant!? gah) because I'm upset about the induction and already mourning the loss of the birth I wanted.

I feel like I have the worst pms on earth and will be happy when it's over. I hope this doesn't mean I'm more at risk for PPD.
Old 09-02-2009, 03:15 PM

Jad, I think it sounds like you have a really good chance for a favorable induction already being 3cm and effaced. From your post it sounds like your instincts are telling you to go ahead with the induction so please listen to your instincts. Best of luck to you and remember that they like to turn the pitocin up every 30 mins but at any time you can tell them to stop or to even turn it off if you are contracting nicely on your own. I hope you have a great birth!!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 09-02-2009, 03:34 PM

Texas- hang in there. Maybe it's the prelabor hormone roller coaster? I don't think being emotional when overdue/facing a huge change of plans is any sign of increased PPD risk. I know I was a mess the day the midwife brought up the whole "lets get you to the hospital, eat a light lunch in case you have a c/s" thing. And ds arrived on his own what? 15 hours later?

Jad- I don't know what sort of clock your hospital has but AROM may be another "induction" technique for vbac. I know what you mean about being "perfect" and having the c/s anyway while other mamas go with lots of interventions but still "get" vaginal births. It's hard. But sometimes those interventions really do help... I had AROM this time (at 42 weeks) and *whammo* I had my second vbac. I was nervous too about starting the intervention cascade, but it's not always a one way ticket to the OR. I hope everything went smoothly and that you're holding your babe right now!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 09-02-2009, 03:53 PM

Still here. Yummmmm that was a good ENTIRE pineapple I just ate. Enough said.

Old 09-02-2009, 03:58 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by babykaoss View Post

Still here. Yummmmm that was a good ENTIRE pineapple I just ate. Enough said.
I just got a pineapple at the store this morning. If I eat all of it my mouth is going to be so raw!
Old 09-02-2009, 04:01 PM

Quote:
If I eat all of it my mouth is going to be so raw
Towards the end I started dropping the pineapple into the blender with plain yogurt and water to make smoothies. I figured the probiotics would help and it made it easier to avoid mouth (or bottom ) burn.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 09-02-2009, 04:17 PM

Yep. My mouth is officially raw.

Whoops.

Old 09-02-2009, 04:25 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by wombatclay View Post
Towards the end I started dropping the pineapple into the blender with plain yogurt and water to make smoothies. I figured the probiotics would help and it made it easier to avoid mouth (or bottom ) burn.
I wish I had a better blender. I don't know if it can handle pineapple It sucks, it has a hard time with soft ice cream!
Old 09-02-2009, 09:52 PM

Still here, 40wks and 5 days. I had a VE yesterday and was a 3, 60% and soft.And today I've had massive bloody show. I didn't know it was humanly possible to produce so much mucas in a day. And holy crap, the moodiness is terrible!! I need to have this baby before my 2 children start hating me.. I'm not easy to work with at the moment.. If I had to guess I'd say maybe tomorrow or the next day? I'm getting anxious to meet this baby, but I'm nervous about going to the hospital. They are being super strict about kids being in l and d because of H1N1. And we don't have childcare, just DH... So, we'll see! Oh to have homebirth and skip all the nasty hospital germs...

I keep checking back and looking to see who's had their babies! Can't believe its Sept!
Old 09-03-2009, 08:32 AM - Thread Starter

ugh! I have a big angry ingrown hair or boil where my leg meets my body
Old 09-04-2009, 10:39 AM

I am still here and waiting. We are trying everything: reflexology, acupressure, sex, walking, teas. This weekend I think I will give in to the castor oil. I am really ready I just hope baby is soon. GOod luck to the rest of you still hanging out here!

Mamma to dd1 3/8/07, one 9.5.08, and dd2 9/9/09

User Tag List