Anyone having pelvic pain? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-01-2009, 07:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My little guy is now 9 days old and he weighed in at 9lb 13oz at birth. Delivery went great and I delivered in standing and had a minor tear with a few stitches. My problem now is that the bones in my pelvis are killing me! I feel like they are bruised and it still hurts to walk.

Anyone else have this? Any tips?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-01-2009, 09:13 PM

Yes! Never had this until my last baby and this one. It is getting better just now, my baby is 19 days.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

Old 09-01-2009, 09:20 PM

Maybe see a chiropractor? My midwife suggested that both ds1 and I schedule an adjustment because ds had sticky shoulders and I was having sciatic nerve pain during the birth. (it'll have to wait till the budget can take it though!)

I think pelvic pain is pretty normal... the bones/joints are designed to spread and loosen to facilitate birth and then it takes several weeks/months for joints to restabilize. So feeling some discomfort, especially if you did a lot of squatting/pushing makes sense. However, if it gets worse or doesn't seem to be improving you might ask your care provider. I had some odd pain/discomfort/pressure along the front of my pubic bone (especially uncomfortable during urination) after dd2's birth and it eventually turned out to be a minor pelvic organ prolapse.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

Old 09-01-2009, 09:39 PM
Banned

Yes. I had SPD in pregnancy and still have the pain 2 weeks out. I heard it takes 1-2 months on average to go away completely.
Old 09-01-2009, 10:35 PM

Yep, my pelvis is still pretty sore at 14 days pp. I plan on going to the chiro soon to get an adjustment to make sure everything is where it should be.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
Old 09-02-2009, 07:33 PM - Thread Starter

Thanks Mamas! I would love to go to the chiro but the budget is tight even though dh says we would swing it somehow... encouraging to know I am not the only one.

I had soreness with ds2 but not this intense for this long. I think I am a bit better today - not limping as much so I may just wait it out.

User Tag List