PP bleeding - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 09-01-2009, 11:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
nak, so excuse the typing. :

How is your pp bleeding?
with dd I bled/spotted for 10 weeks. blech.

with ds I bled for few days and I thought I was almost done and got off lucky this time.
Then about 4-5 days ago it was back and heavy. the m/ws are not concerned but said I was doing too much, so to rest.

now I've been sitting on my arse for 5 days and it's still here. anyone have experience with this?
I hate wearing underwear and pads 24/7- it is both mentally and physically irritating. :

Any herbs, etc I can take to help?

Thanks, mamas!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 09-02-2009, 12:28 AM

nettle tea is what I was told to try when I told my MD I had just passed a clot the size of 2/3 my palm tonight, 4 days pp

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#3 of 8 Old 09-02-2009, 09:55 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I don't know about the nettles. I drink it all the time but still bled for several weeks. But at 5 weeks pp, I am happy that I am almost done bleeding!!
#4 of 8 Old 09-02-2009, 11:06 AM

This time in general, I'm pretty sure the bleeding is less because I have been drinking the RRL tea since 37 wks. But yesterday I had a pretty rough day and was really tired and the bleeding got pretty bad at the end of the afternoon. Today I haven't done much and it's hardly there. So if I pay attention to my body and get some rest I'm doing good, but it's hard with the other kids around.

Christine, SAHM to DD ('05), DS1 ('07) and : DS2 ('09)
#5 of 8 Old 09-02-2009, 03:23 PM

Yesterday my bleeding/clotting was a lot heavier than it had been... in fact, if you'd asked me Monday I would have said I was almost lochia free. But Tuesday was icky. And I'm still bleeding/clotting today. I didn't do a heck of a lot on Monday or Tuesday so I don't know what happened.

With dd1 I bled for about 4 weeks but didn't have any clumps/clots (but they do scrape things out pretty well with a c/s so that may have played a part). With dd2's vbac I bled for 6-7 weeks again with very little clotting. But the afterpains were wicked.

This time I bled heavily for two days with giant clots. Just crazy big. And although the lochia has been pretty light since day two I'm still passing smallish clots almost every bathroom visit. I don't have a fever and my providers aren't worried, and overall my flow is so much lighter than with my other births I can't complain! Part of me wonders if the really fast/intense nature of the delivery is continuing into a sort of fast recovery?

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#6 of 8 Old 09-02-2009, 07:36 PM

I bled for an average of 5-6 weeks with my other boys (1CS and 1VBAC) and it doesn't seem as much this time around (2nd VBAC) but I'm only 10days and haven't done much. Too sore.
#7 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 03:51 AM

Ah yes. The lovely PP bleeding. I always bleed for about 8 weeks, stop for a week or two, then bleed for another week or two. That's without breastfeeding though. This time, who knows since I'm breastfeeding. I stop and start all through that 8 weeks too. Gets light, lighter, lightest... then the next day heavy, heavy, heavy. I think it's pretty normal. Poor DP though... no sex for so long!

Kaiti, in heartbeat.gif with Shane, astrological mama to spitdrink.gif Sophie *12.27.05*, praying.gif Maya *09.25.07*, sleepytime.gif Phoenix *08.23.09* & 3rdtri.gif due *12.04.11*  Having a hbac.gif waterbirth.jpg lotbirth.gif after 3 cesareans!

#8 of 8 Old 09-11-2009, 05:17 AM

My little one will be 3 weeks on Tuesday and my bleeding is what I would call a light period. It was only heavy for the first 2 days. Unfortunatley on day 3 I came down with a nasty UTI, so I had to go into the ER because it was on the weekend and that was the only way to see a DR. They had me pee in a cup so they could test the urine and the nurse said to me, "my you have an aweful lot of blood in your urine" as I was sitting there nursing my 3 day old baby. I wanted to say no shit, I wonder why? but I didn't.

I was expecting this Lochia thing to be different from period bleeding, but I am not noticing any difference other than the length of bleeding.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page