Anyone ECing their newborn? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-07-2009, 08:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
My DS will be one week old tomorrow, and Saturday I decided to hold him over the potty when he was grunting a lot/having a hard time pooping. Well, now I'm hooked. We ECed DD but didn't start until later and I really stressed myself out about it in the beginning. This time, it's so much more relaxed and fun! Any other August mamas ECing their babes? How's it going?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2009, 01:14 PM

same here. ds we started at 5 mo. this time i had dd on a toilet at about 1 wk old. She doesn't like it, but when I lined it with cloth she played along and pooped. I was a bit off on her signals but not by much. Gonna keep toying with it and find my way again.

your not alone!

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
Old 09-08-2009, 07:52 PM

ds is 4 wks now and I've been working on EC for about a week. We are not very consistent at catching yet, but it's fun when we do! I figure each catch is one diaper less, but not stressing at all. We'll just take it slow and see how it goes.

I did get peed on twice yesterday.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 09-08-2009, 07:55 PM

I want to be, but I am still unsure of Ky's signals and he threw a fit when we first held him over the training potty. I want to do some more reading and learning, because I so want to try EC.

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
Old 09-09-2009, 12:21 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
We failed at ECing my dd, and she is still in diapers. She wants to wear diapers "like a baby". Do you think if I EC my baby boy, dd will potty train "like the baby"?
Old 09-09-2009, 02:04 PM

We've been ECing since day 2 and he will be 4 weeks on Saturday. It's going awesome! We haven't had a poopy diaper in a week and we catch about 75% of the pees. We go diaperless for about 3 hours every afternoon... trying to work up to longer stretches.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

User Tag List