Mothering Forum banner

Anyone want another baby already?!

2K views 41 replies 34 participants last post by  Sk8ermaiden 
#1 ·
Haha, I really don't. But I think everyone was right when they said you forget all the pain of labor and the pregnancy pains after you have your adorable baby in your arms. I didn't believe them!

We had planned on Asia being our only baby, but I have definitely changed my mind about that! I want one more.. I can wait a couple years though

See less See more
#3 ·
I am so ready to have another. We even DTD today and Jackson will be 2 weeks old tomorrow. I am doubting that any amount of DTD will result in another baby as Jackson is an IVF baby, but one can wish right?

#11 ·
Yup, I wanted another as soon as this one was out! Of course my period doesn't come back for a year and I want my body to go back first, but whenever it happens is fine with me.

#15 ·
I miss being pg, but I'm not ready for another baby yet! we will wait a year at least before we think about any more.

#17 ·
could have sworn during labor that there was no way and those thoughts are still pretty vivid even if the pain isn't.

We agreed on only two - but randomly discussed 3 once... dh is supposed to get snipped now that she is here but I don't see him racing to the door or calling doctors to plan it.

We might could but we are supposed to be done.... I really don't know how I feel about it one way or the other. I think I'm done but don't want to be...

#18 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sunnyCA View Post
It took me a good year and half to get ready to try for #2. However just days after the birth of my daughter I was thinking about #3.
it took me 4+ years to want #2! now i'm totally hoping for a 3rd already (and i know dh is too because he keeps joking about it) -- probably not for at least another 3 years though... i'm terrified of the toddler + infant combo.

#20 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by LilWin View Post
No!! I feel absolutely done and actually relieved not to be pregnant anymore.

:

I will admit to thinking mournfully that I'll never be pregnant again, never have another newborn, or another homebirth...but then I am like THANK GOD.

I just don't think I can hang with another 9 months of misery. HG plus all the other stuff I had going on...it was really awful. I feel 1000% better now that I'm no longer pregnant.

#23 ·
I really started thinking about having another soon after Amelia was born. The pain was horrendous, and I am going to get some pain relief next time, and pregnancy was really hard this time, but we are goi9ng to plan it better. We'll have enough money next time (hopefully!) to hire someone to clean and help me with stuff while I am pregnant. I just could not do it this time and we faught like crazy bc of the stress.

Dh is ready for another one, too, and we have talked about it a lot. My period came back at 2 or 3 months last time, but I really believe we need to give our bodies a two year break. So, we'll have to wait.

I did research a lot on adoption yesterday, though. Hopefully that could be an option for us as well.

It is crazy to have baby fever when you have a newborn, eh?

#24 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
I really started thinking about having another soon after Amelia was born. The pain was horrendous, and I am going to get some pain relief next time, and pregnancy was really hard this time, but we are goi9ng to plan it better. We'll have enough money next time (hopefully!) to hire someone to clean and help me with stuff while I am pregnant. I just could not do it this time and we faught like crazy bc of the stress.

Dh is ready for another one, too, and we have talked about it a lot. My period came back at 2 or 3 months last time, but I really believe we need to give our bodies a two year break. So, we'll have to wait.

I did research a lot on adoption yesterday, though. Hopefully that could be an option for us as well.

It is crazy to have baby fever when you have a newborn, eh?
You seemed so serene in labor!

I was 1000x louder -esp when pushing the baby out- and I still wouldn't describe the pain as horrendous. But I guess everyone is different. For me it was only really really bad for the last 10 or so minutes.

#25 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lacrymosa View Post
Haha, I really don't. But I think everyone was right when they said you forget all the pain of labor and the pregnancy pains after you have your adorable baby in your arms. I didn't believe them!

We had planned on Asia being our only baby, but I have definitely changed my mind about that! I want one more.. I can wait a couple years though

Not Yet - although my DH has talked about it already!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.