Mothering Forum banner

Darnit. Food intolerance.

797 views 11 replies 8 participants last post by  mamaheids 
#1 ·
I HATE that all my babies have this problem. This baby seems particularly bad. I have a screaming infant on my hands pooping green mucus becuase I dared eat some cookies and sun chips, both contained dairy. At least I hope that's what it was. If not it's SOY and I think I will shoot myself if she is sensitive to dairy AND soy.

GAH!

And no, this is not a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance. Mucus poops are a pretty major sign of food intolerance. I WISH it was something as easy as hindmilk/foremilk. I don't know why I decided to make myself believe that.

See less See more
#2 ·
I know just how you feel. My dd is allergic to so many things. I was so happy to have a time when she was weaned for just a couple of months between this new baby. I keep my pendulum with me all the time and dowse everything I eat. i can tell before I eat it.
I just hate dealing with a screaming baby because of something I ate. It is the unconsulabe cry.

#3 ·
I'm sorry mama. DS1 has dairy issues and he's found love with vanilla flavored rice milk and recently vanilla flavored almond milk. They are actually pretty tasty so that might be an option if she's allergic to soy too.

#5 ·
It can be. Green mucusy poo is a sign of food intolerance. Emma's is tinged green, maybe the color of caramel (instead of bright yellow/orange colored). Watery green poo that resembles pond scum is probably a hindmilk/foremilk imbalance.

#6 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
I'm sorry mama. DS1 has dairy issues and he's found love with vanilla flavored rice milk and recently vanilla flavored almond milk. They are actually pretty tasty so that might be an option if she's allergic to soy too.
Thanks. I was vegan for awhile so I have some experience with the non dairy milks. There are plenty of tasty ones, but nothing that I really like drinking by the glass the way I like milk. But I can give up drinking milk by the glass, my problem is the fact that dairy is in EVERYFREAKINGTHING. Like, I bought a tri tip from Coscto the other day. THERE IS WHEY IN IT. WHEY! Whey in my tri tip. Why does whey need to be in a tri tip anyway? I can't even think of a single purpose it might serve.

Or Sun Chips. I was eating some French Onion Sun Chips the other day and thought they were dairy free. They weren't. That's why I thought the allergy might be to soy, since I have been drinking soy milk and soy is in my Luna and Odwalla bars that I eat a lot (I'm way heavier than usual with the processed foods since I can't cook anything what with the baby who hates slings attached to me nonstop). I couldn't think of a single dairy thing I'd eaten in days, but now looking at the ingredients of those chips I had been eating dairy unknowingly. Her poop went from normal seedy yellow to green tinged and seriously having the consistency of snot (gross!). Plus she is soooooooooooo fussy.

Well. At least the good news is that it's probably not soy.

#8 ·
I was so exhausted I drank a latte....totally forgetting it has milk in it. DUH! Bad enough I drank coffee, which is bad on so many levels, but I had to do it with dairy too. I feel really dumb

The dairy was just getting cleared out too.

#9 ·
I think my ds2 might have a dairy allergy as well. We're dealing with the crying over the last few days and he just really seems that his tummy hurts.

My ds1 is allergic to a bunch of stuff, including dairy, soy, nuts... also potatoes and onions. It took me so long to figure it all out! But dairy was the worst, so I'll try taking it out of my diet first. It's so frustrating, isn't it?

He's crying that cry right now, you know that says, "it hurts, somebody help me, please!!!!" and I can't do anything, and I hate that...

#10 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Michigan Mama View Post
I think my ds2 might have a dairy allergy as well. We're dealing with the crying over the last few days and he just really seems that his tummy hurts.

My ds1 is allergic to a bunch of stuff, including dairy, soy, nuts... also potatoes and onions. It took me so long to figure it all out! But dairy was the worst, so I'll try taking it out of my diet first. It's so frustrating, isn't it?

He's crying that cry right now, you know that says, "it hurts, somebody help me, please!!!!" and I can't do anything, and I hate that...
hylands colic tablets are very helpful

#11 ·
I'm sooo sorry! I've been lucky so far with this babe, but I remember having to cut out so much with dd1. And now that she is a confirmed Celiac it's back to the "read every ingredient every time" routine. Like whey, gluten seems to get thrown into everything! Some days I just want to cry... like, dd1 attends a sweet little waldorf preschool where they bake every day. So we had to figure out a way to include her (she can't even handle gluten products so it's not like she could make the bread but eat something else). We got some different flour mixes and it seemed ok. But another student is vegan and the Gfree recipes all include eggs. So back to the drawing board we go!

One of my friends has two kiddos, both with food allergies. But they have different allergies (hospital er/epi pen level allergies)... one child can't have eggs, nuts, or dairy. The other can't have soy, gluten, or corn. And the family is vegetarian. I use them as my "it could be worse" example to make me feel a bit better.

#12 ·
I feel your pain...been off dairy for 4 weeks now, and off of soy, eggs, gluten and peanuts for almost two weeks. Eczema almost gone, fussiness WAYYY improved but I ate something with soy lechithin in it on thursday accidentally and now we are back to green mucousy poo. It HAD turned nice curdy, seedy yellow just a few days before that. I'm thinking I may have to cut out corn and/or nuts but I'm holding off because corn is literally in EVERYTHING and i really am needing the nuts for protein . Just trying to figure out what baseline is for us...still dealing with really horrible cradle cap, and the poo issue.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.