i TIP'd today - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 09-12-2009, 01:26 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i Tandemed In Public today. with out a cover. It wasnt as hard as i thought it would be, im sure i got some funny looks but i dont care.

story behind why i TIP'd. after dance we went to boarders to find a book, didnt have it, decided to pop to the starbucks there for a break and as i had no idea when Henri last fed i got her out of her stroller (had to buy a 2nd one today as my IBS flaired up and carrying Henri in the Mei Tei was really hurting me, so Dd2 got a new stroller and HEnri went in DD2's) to feed and DD2 caught on to what i was doing and asked to be out, so i took a sec to think it over,
  • let her out, dont nurse her but be fighting to keep her in her seat and off my boob.
  • leave her in her stroller and have her scream the place down till daddy gets here with the drinks
  • let her out, nurse her and Henri and peace will reigh (well except for Big H being his usual loud self)
so i let her out, got Henri latched, got DD2 latched and just sat there, nursing two babies at once (well DD2 is not 2yr old till Thursday)
i only had two problems.
  1. Henri kept slipping down a bit so i had to keep hikeing her up.
  2. DD2 kept lifiting my top all the way up, exposing both my rather large boob, making me feel cold too. i dont like that.
i never thought i would be "brave" enought to nurse two at once in public.

Kiz
#2 of 5 Old 09-12-2009, 02:21 PM

Wow, good for you mama! I have a hard enough time nursing one in public and this is baby #3 for me. My hat goes off to you!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#3 of 5 Old 09-12-2009, 05:28 PM

great stuff mom!!!

i could never get the hang of a nursing cover up and quickly become frustrated when i try...

ds1 has lost interest in the boob...so i only nip

i can only imagine the looks i would get if i was tip'ing...lol
i got some pretty hard looks just nursing ds1 at 2 1/2

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#4 of 5 Old 09-12-2009, 09:41 PM

Good for you! I am nursing my youngest three, but I get creepy crawlies nursing more than one at a time. I used to not get them, not sure why w/ the last few.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#5 of 5 Old 09-13-2009, 11:02 PM

You rock! I never had the guts to do that!

Shannon, mum to ds1 (8/03), ds2 (6/05), dd (5/07), and ds3 (7/09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page