Mothering Forum banner

random update

664 views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  wombatclay 
#1 ·
Our computer died last week so my insane week of dr visits, preschool, birthdays, meetings, etc was also a week of "zero internet". not fun!

We have a new to us computer now and I'll try to catch up but apologies to anyone who was trying to get in touch with me!

Oh, and thanks to the hectic schedule I'm now dealing with a honkin' big case of mastitis and starting the abx this afternoon.
I don't want too, but it's been two days now and it's getting worse, not better, despite everything. I can't get my fever below 100 (closer to 102 actually) and I feel like death warmed over. Fingers crossed I can avoid thrush!

See less See more
#3 ·
Wombat I really hope that you feel better soon!!! I came down with a nasty case of Mastitis Last week Sunday, the day that DH was discharged from the hospital. All that I could think that, "What next?!?!?"

I didn't want to antibiotics but finally called when my temp rose to 102.8 early Monday morning. Boy oh boy did my body ache.

Hopefully the RX works soon and you'll start to feel better. Take care of yourself!

#4 ·
Ughh, sorry Wombat! I just came off antibiotics for a UTI that wouldn't go away and I *think* I avoided thrush and vag yeast. I took probiotics religiously 2 hours after each and every antibiotic dose. I also did vinegar baths and added a few tablespoons of vinegar to my peri bottle. And I took garlic tablets every day. I hope some of this helps and I hope you're able to avoid any kind of yeast! Get well soon!

#5 ·
what a great idea about the peri bottle! brilliant!

I've had two doses of the abx so far and my fever is down... I was really amazed at just how rotten I felt over the last two days. Actually I found that I was more "comfortable" when my fever was in the 101-102 range... I was out of it and achy and every single pore on my skin hurt, but I didn't shiver. When my temp dropped to the 100-101 range though i'd shiver so hard I couldn't hold Torin for fear of dropping him and the sensation of pain was worse. Kinda funky!

DH laughed at the cabage leaves though.
We happened to have a few cabbages from the CSA and he thought it was a hoot to see me wandering around with red cabbage plastered to my chest.

#7 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Ughh, sorry Wombat! I just came off antibiotics for a UTI that wouldn't go away and I *think* I avoided thrush and vag yeast. I took probiotics religiously 2 hours after each and every antibiotic dose. I also did vinegar baths and added a few tablespoons of vinegar to my peri bottle. And I took garlic tablets every day. I hope some of this helps and I hope you're able to avoid any kind of yeast! Get well soon!

Are we supposed to "time" ourselves for taking a probiotic when taking an antibiotic?

I have been eating yogurt everyday and takng my probiotic when I think about it. I have to take 4 antibiotic pills per day.

#8 ·
We have thrush here and it is not fun! First, just Jack had it, now we both do.
It will be two weeks tomorrow since he started with it.
He did almost 2 weeks of oral nystatin, but the thrush just kept getting worse (i guess because it has sugar in it), now we are following Dr Gordon's protocol GSE washes every waking hour, swabbing nipples with GSE mixture after every feeding and keeping the diaper area dry and airing it as needed with naked time.

good luck not getting thrush, we think this came from the antibiotics I had in labor.

take care,

#9 ·
Adore- if you take the probiotic too close to the antibiotic they sort of cancel themselves out.
Both become less effective so you don't get the full benefit of the antibiotioc AND you don't get the full benefit of the probiotic. Kind of the worst of both options. Taking the probiotic a few hours before or a few hours after the antibiotic means you get the full benefit of both.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.