DH is giving Baby first bottle... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 07:57 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
and I am a little sad about it

I know in the long run it will be ok for DH to give Ky, an occassional bottle but I feel a bit like I am being replaced by some bits of plastic. Add the worry about nipple confusion and I am just trying to breath!

The only reason I am doing this is so I can go back to dance classes. I really need them emotionally and physically, even though I feel so guilty about that. I hope I can handle being away from him even for the hour.

Ugh I so know I can't be the only one who has been here, how do you manage it?

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 08:21 PM

It was very sad for me too Asia switches between breast and bottle just fine so that wasn't an issue, but I definitely feel for you mama! *HUGS*

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
#3 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 08:27 PM

We did it with DS1 but haven't with DS2 yet. He is only 3 weeks old so I am giving it a few more weeks. It is not like I am ready to go anywhere just yet.

That said I am starting to pump so there is a little supply in the freezer since I have to go to the office for 2 half days the week of the 28th and DH will have to do bottles then.

With DS1 we had no problems moving back and forth so I am not too worried.
You will be fine. It is better to have a sane healthy mom and a few bottles than no bottles and a mom ready to loose it. Enjoy your dance classes. ( I am a little jealous, I still feel shaky if I walk to long)

Pernille, Married to : mom to my 2 littel boys :4/12/07 and : 8/24/09
#4 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 08:30 PM

I have to supplement and do that by breast during the day, but at night I use a bottle, at least w/ the last three babies. I cry when giving that first bottle, but for my sanity and to take care of my other children, homeschool and everything else it works better for me to the bottle at night. When he is bigger I will even go out occasionally w/o baby and let my kids give him a bottle. All have switched back and forth just fine.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#5 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 09:33 PM

#6 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 PM

s I think my DS1 was probably around 6-8wks when I started leaving him with DH so I could goto my old Tae Kwon Do class. I'm teaching that class for the first time since DS2 was born tommorrow, but we're just taking the kids in with us and DH will watch them while I teach. I'm so not ready to pump for DS2 yet!! (He's 5 wks...)
#7 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 09:43 PM

I saw this on new posts, and just had to comment. You're doing the right thing! When my dd was born, we had a hard time getting her to latch, so it took almost a month to be feeding from the breast exclusively. So of course after all that work, I was scared to introduce a bottle (we had been syringe feeding pumped milk). So I waited several months before introducing a bottle, only to find that when I went back to work at 4 months, she wouldn't take one at all. It was tremendously stressful, and I will make sure with this new baby that I introduce at least 4-5 bottles a week relatively early so that we don't have the same problem.

Sarah, mama to Miriam 9/26/2006 and Isaac 2/12/2010
#8 of 10 Old 09-14-2009, 11:59 PM

I too am going to be letting my girl have a bottle of EBM so I can spend an hour at the gym a couple days a week. I'm doing it for physical and especially mental health.

I feel for you. I really do. I'm still having to work through some feelings I have about it, because it stirring up some unresolved issues I had with breastfeeding my very first son 6 years ago. not fun.

Just remember that a happy, healthy mom is only going to be good for baby too.

UCing loud mouth, Fierce Protector of King Aiden, King Isaiah and Empress Estella
#9 of 10 Old 09-15-2009, 03:15 AM - Thread Starter

nak

Well I made it through ok, and so far Ky seems completely uneffected by his first bottles : He seems to be going through a growth spurt and all he does is eat and eat. It is extra hard though because DH wants to be involved with Ky and was so excited to give him the bottles. Hopefully my class time will give us all what we want without negatively effecting BF.

Thanks guys!

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#10 of 10 Old 09-15-2009, 10:06 PM

Good for you. I'm glad it's going well. It is hard. I cried with ds1, but ds2 hasn't gotten a bottle yet. I go back to work part-time mid-Oct so I need to start thinking about it. I'm in denial, I think.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page