How's Baby Doing? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 09-25-2009, 05:43 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Now that September is coming to a close I thought it would be neat to see how everyone is doing.

Jackson went today for his one month check-up. He is one month today and weighs 12lb 4oz. He was 8lb 2.5oz at birth. He is eating every 2-3 hours..if he is awake he loves to eat. We are having some issues with milk imbalance or an allergy..His poop goes from yellow seedy to forest green and every shade of green in between.

Hopefully everyone is doing great!!

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2009, 07:28 PM

Marcus was born on Aug 8 so we are coming up on 7 weeks. He gained 2 lbs. 5 oz at his one month appointment (born at 7 lb 9 oz) and I'm expecting the same kind of gain at the next one. We really don't have a sleeping/eating pattern yet (and maybe never will at this rate ) but all in all, everyone is doing ok. He sleeps for one 3-4 hour stretch at the beginning of the night and then progressively shorter stretchs after that. He has started spitting up/throwing up more in the past week but I'm chalking it up to OALD at this point. I go back to work on Monday but have the best boss in the world so Marcus gets to come with me. I'm a little apprehensive about it but plan on taking it one day at a time with no expectations. I think that's it in a nutshell. As challenging as it is sometimes, I'm really happy to be someone's mama!

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 09-25-2009, 07:43 PM

We just had our two month appointment today... DD2 was 7 lbs 8 oz at birth and is now 11 lbs 13 oz. She is really chunking up, especially in her thighs. She is sleeping like a champ (6-8 hours at night, I have to wake her for most feedings every three hours throughout the day, I fear she might starve herself if I let her sleep till she woke up. :-)
We do have one major puking episode every evening.... like major projectile vomiting. Last night she hit 5 people at once with her puke. I feel like we may not have many social events going on until this clears up........ :-)
What does OALD stand for?
Hope everyone's baby is doing wel..... I'm more worried/concerned with DD1's adjustment at this point.
~maddymama
Old 09-25-2009, 09:48 PM

We're finally getting a decent latch!
It took 3 weeks, but she's up past her birth weight. She was healthy with plenty of wet and poopy diapers so no one was too worried. She HATES wet diapers and they wake her up a lot but she's a pretty mellow, happy baby. Well, she's mellow and happy when we know what she needs.

I felt back to normal within a few days after the birth. After some serious engorgement and barely avoiding mastitis, I'm now working out plugged ducts and pumping a lot.

Which I should go do now!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 09-26-2009, 12:16 AM

Santiago has chunked up nicely...he was born at 7lb3oz, and now at 6 wks, he is 12lb12oz (that was Monday). He fusses sometimes like his tummy hurts and with all our family allergies, I'm not surprised if I need to change my diet. Dairy might come out shortly, as that was the worst for ds1.

He loves to be held and worn, flashes charming smiles at us periodically. He sleeps for a 4 hour stretch at the beginning of the evening, then usually for 3 hour stretches after that. I feel like we are finally settling in, as my ds1 (2.5 yrs) is back to napping this wk. Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 09-26-2009, 12:51 AM

Cora is 4 weeks today, thanks to block feedings her poops are all yellow mustard now.
She has some interesting habits... poopy days, total blowouts then no poop days. She couldn't nap yesterday more than 20 min and fed and peed constantly... then slept 5 hrs last night with no pees. Then she slept tons today.

she seems great - do i have to do a well visit?

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
Old 09-26-2009, 01:42 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GradysMom View Post
she seems great - do i have to do a well visit?
I'm wondering the same thing. Meadow will be 6 weeks on Tuesday and is nursing like a champ, peeing, pooping, and I know she's growing because she's outgrown her newborn clothes(and diapers) already. I weighed her while standing on the scale holding her at my last OB visit(over 2 weeks ago) and she was just over 9 lbs(and was 7 pounds 15 oz at birth). I KNOW she's healthy and growing...so I'm a little reluctant to take her to the ped, especially with all these flu scares going around. But she's never met the ped, and I want him to know her in case we have to take her in for some reason in the future.... Idk. Technically he could treat her without having met her I guess. I'm really in no hurry to take her in.

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 AM

Baby River is doing well, lives in the sling during the day and in bed with me at night. Eats constantly, every 45minutes to an hour during the day and 2-3 hours at night. she is going through a grumpy patch at the moment and has screamed every waking hour for the past 2 days, i think its over stimulation when peopple are round and the house is hectic and she really wants to suck her hand bit she hasn't quite mastered it yet.
at 24 hours she was 8lb 1oz and at 16 days 10lb 8oz, but i've not had her weighed since.

but even with the constant screaming, feeding and carrying i still look at her and think - i could have another....

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
Old 09-26-2009, 12:12 PM

Ds is 8 weeks as of yesterday.

Thurs. september 17th he weighed 13lbs 5 oz and I am sure he is every bit of 14lbs now.
Nothing cuter than a chubby baby!!!

He sleeps so good and nurses very well. Just an all around pleasent baby.

Kim: Wife To Colby. Mommy To DS1 Christopher and DS2 Bradly. :
Old 09-26-2009, 02:40 PM

Silas is almost 6 weeks.
He has consistently gained a pound a week.
8.5 lbs at birth to 13lbs. 7oz. at 5 weeks! Such a chub!

Nursing well but he has become pretty miserable the past couple of weeks. Colicky- not with outright screaming for hours b/c he is calmed by nursing/snuggling, but still grunting and kicking and flailing and crying out in pain because he has so much gas.

We spend every night from about 4-5am on trying to find a comfortable position for him to sleep in. The current one which works sometimes is me at a 45 degree angle with him tummy down on top of me.

But he is a love and very sweet when he's not in pain. It just seems like that is getting to be less and less hours out of the day.

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
Old 09-26-2009, 08:14 PM

maddymama - OALD is OverActive Let Down. My milk comes at him so fast that he has all he can do to keep up and usually swallows too much air. We affectionately refer to my right boob as the squirter because milk just squirts out. If he breaks his latch in the middle of let down and I'm not quick enough with the rag, he gets squirted in the face

Maria blahblah.gif, wife to A malesling.GIF, mama to DS M 8/09 2whistle.gif and DS L 6/12 biggrinbounce.gif

Everything will be ok in the end.  If it's not ok, then it's not the end - Paolo Coelho  

Old 09-27-2009, 12:46 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksonley View Post
maddymama - OALD is OverActive Let Down.
You'd think I'd know that bc I have it, tooo...... ha ha ha... I always feel bad for my LO during the first few minutes of a feeding.
~maddymamam
Old 09-28-2009, 12:45 AM

oald - my LO doesn't get squirted in the face but I do kinda feel for her when it seems like she can barely catch her breath... she wants it all!

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09

User Tag List