A little nervous - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 17 Old 10-06-2009, 12:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
As some of you may know, my ex husband and I have been back together for almost 4 months. We are going to get remarried and are very happy. So I am in a committed relationship and everything so that isn't the part that worries me about the following:

I am having pregnancy symptoms...

UGHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...... I am tired, EXHAUSTED actually which is usually a sure fire sign for me. I was supposed to start my period at some point after friday, but I know they can be absent and irregular while EBFing. I did have one last cycle though... I am taking the mini pill and we had unprotected sex a few times (STUPID). Also the baby is really irritable when she nurses and I am wondering if something has changed with my milk?

Anyway.... I am scared because obviously my baby is just almost 3 months old and I wasn't planning on having anymore children and if so def. not for a few years.

I guess I need to take a test but I think I should wait maybe a week. I am not even going to ask if any of you are in this boat... LOL
#2 of 17 Old 10-06-2009, 01:43 PM

Hugs and hopes!

I do know a mama (from dd2's DDC) who was pregnant at her 6 week pp checkup. And my grandmother's first five children were all 10-11 months apart (five under five, ye gods I'd go bibbly!). So it does happen. However, if you're on the pill AND ebf then the chances are low. Maybe test now with one of the early alert tests and then again next week to be sure?

Is it possible your babe is fussy due to a growth spurt and you're exhausted because of that (as well as being exhausted because you've got two little kiddos)? Is there something new in your diet? More exercise (which can increase the salt/mineral composition of the milk as well as it's taste)? Something you've removed from your diet or stopped doing?

Hope you get the news you want!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#3 of 17 Old 10-06-2009, 03:52 PM

Oh hugs! I hope you aren't, but I definetly understand the worry - my period came back 8 weeks to the DAY, almost to the hour after DS2 was born (born at 10:50 - it started ~10!!). And I'm soo dissapointed - it didn't return for 9+ months with DS1 (both are/were EBF) which meant a much longer time of not worrying... Anyhow, good luck.
#4 of 17 Old 10-06-2009, 05:43 PM

Oi! I also wonder if the minipill itself could cause some of these symptoms? I just don't know, though, since I am extremely leary of hormonal bc & have no experience w/it . . .

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#5 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 11:26 AM - Thread Starter

As for diet actually a lot has changed and I have a feeling Anna may be growing because she is pooping a little less (she is still having bowel movements but less than normal yesterday, which I have a feeling all of my milk may be going for growing with very little waste).

She is also gassy. I had cut out milk and then the last few nights I have had a glass, so that all can be contributing. I am also working out so that could be it too.

As for the mini pill being the cause, I have been on it for the last 8 weeks. Not sure it would change now, but it could I guess.

I was planning on doing a permanent form of birth control, but my husband and I decided we may want another baby in a few years. He would like to try for a boy, so now I am trying to figure out what the heck I will do if I am not pregnant for birth control and if I am pregnant what am I going to do? I mean we are SOOOO not ready for this. Our condom broke last cycle and I took the morning after pill. We had another mishap this cycle and I didn't want to take the morning after pill this time because it had not been 4 weeks in between them and I just didn't want to have that many different hormones in my body.

Anyway.... I guess I should get a test to be certain. I am also very emotional, like crying at things that are silly. Movies, commercials even, which is not like me, but could be left over pregnancy hormones as well.

The thing that freaks me out the most: After posting yesterday, my mom comes over and says, Aunt Laura is trying to reach you. My aunt is a Reiki master and is very in tune with me particularly. She told my mom to tell me to be careful, this my "sensitive" time in the next two months and I may get pregnant VERY easily. I ALMOST CRAPPED MYSELF...
#6 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 11:29 AM

I'll vote growth spurt exhaustion, even though I have no experience with this issue (yet)

I would also vote for testing now because the stress of wondering can be sooo great. I'm one for getting that out of the way, and when we were ttc I kept a small stock of sticks in my dresser so I could keep myself from getting worked up.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#7 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Whoa mama, I feel for you. I would be secretely happy to be pregnant again, but I honestly don't think my marriage could handle those hormones again. I hope it is just the pill and that you get a break! Let us know the second you find out!
#8 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 12:50 PM

I would think that you'd be fine - Shawn has infertility issues, doesn't he? So it seems like it's pretty unlikely.

I'll keep my fingers crossed for you!!
#9 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 02:05 PM

not sure how you feel about the IUD, but it has a better effectiveness rating than tubal ligation. it's much more effective than the minipill. with the mp you have to be so careful to take it at exactly the same time...

I hope things work out for you

good luck
#10 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 02:22 PM

Have you tested? I conceived the day my dd was 4m/o, so now Eiley and Finnian are 12 months and 3 days apart. Not ideal, it was hard in some ways, but I feel incredibly blessed to have Finnian, wouldn't change a thing. But I might be cycling again, I do not have a full milk supply due to breast reduction and do not want another close pregnancy. NFP is our only option.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#11 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 04:25 PM

Could you have mastitis again?

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 04:46 PM - Thread Starter

Not Mastitis, that I know...

Dee- well, Shawn was told he was sterile by a Dr right before I conceived Annalise and had fertility issues prior to our seperation when we were trying to conceive. But without getting too much into the story, he and I had a brief reconciliation right before Jose and I became exclusive and began having sex. So lets say I ASSUMED that Annalise was Jose's (although all involved parties knew the whole story). She looked a lot more white than I expected and a lot like Shawn when she was born. We had a paternity test done a few weeks ago and Anna is Shawn's baby afterall. GREAT for us, we are more than happy, but it means he is DEF not sterile and DEF is fertile to some extent. I hate telling that story to people who barely know me, I promise there is no Jerry Springer stuff going on here. LOL

I bet she is growing, although I am not sure how she can get much bigger. I am going to get a test in a few minutes...
#13 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 05:14 PM

I've been reading along and hoping the best for you..... It's been more than a few minutes......

Married to DH 7 years and have three fantastic kiddos! DS 6, DD 4, and DS 2 ...... lo and behold another is on the way!

#14 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 07:50 PM

#15 of 17 Old 10-07-2009, 11:25 PM

You didn't ask, (but you may have wanted to), but I worry everyday that I could be pregnant. Sure I probably am not, but I think about it and really just should take a test to breath deep. I really miss my period because it is the monthly reasurance that I am not pregnant. Getting pregnant right now really freaks me out. I miss it, but not enough to get pregnant right now.

I hope it works out the best way for you. Keep us posted on the test!
#16 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 10:50 AM - Thread Starter

test was negative.... I got the first response 2 pack. Next week I will take another.

I too, miss my monthly normal cycle... Hopefully we will not get pregnant anytime soon. Scary thought, Shawn keeps telling me he wants to try for a boy eventually.. Probably isn't helping my paranoia. Even worse, I think I might want to as well...

I THOUGHT I was done. Never say never I guess.
#17 of 17 Old 10-08-2009, 10:57 AM

Nope...never say never.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page