Anyone else think they're pregnant??? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 04:51 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Oh dear! We waited 30 days, and then about a week later, I started thinking, Man! I feel pregnant!" I didn't even think it was possible.

Morning sickness...
Hungry sickness...
food cravings...
hot flashes...
light spotting...
suddenly waaay sensitive boobs again...
nose of a weasel...lol

and just in the past week and a half or so:
nipple eczema is back (had it with Josiah 2nd and 3rd month, then disappeared completely)...
Baby restless, making faces, jerking back, and popping off while nursing...
Stomach burning...

HPT still negative, though. I'm not totally surprised about that, even if I am, because i was SIX WEEKS pregnant with Josiah before I could even get a faint line to show up on a hpt.

What do you all think????

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#2 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 05:28 PM

Nope, we would have to have sex for that to happen, lol! Anyone else too tired to even think about having sex?

I hope everything works out for you!

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#3 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunshynbaby View Post
Anyone else too tired to even think about having sex?
we have once, but that's it. Tired and nursing don't make for a great amount of drive here!

Christine, mom to C(7.5) - E(5) - J(3) - B(10 mos)

Doula, childbirth educator, Co-leader of ICAN of Atlanta

"Never miss an opportunity to make others happy, even if you have to leave them alone in order to do it." ~Anonymous

#4 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 06:15 PM

Sex equals the possiblity, most likely though if you are expressly breastfeeding and baby nurses in the night, no bottles or pacis you are not even cycling.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#5 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 07:29 PM

Weird question how many bottles a week do you think it would take to effect your cycle? I find the idea it can to be interesting.

nak

Belly Dancing, Tattooed, Veggy, Mum to DS 8/16/09 Married to a : Tattooed Geek at home with Dot and Dash fur babies : <-- pretend I am a rat
#6 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 07:49 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
Sex equals the possiblity, most likely though if you are expressly breastfeeding and baby nurses in the night, no bottles or pacis you are not even cycling.
Hmmm...was just talking to my mom about this yesterday. I had to quit nursing completely (uncontrollable jaundice) for 3 days and then every other feeding for 2 days, beginning 6 days PP. Then, I had to completely stop nursing for 2 more days the next week (radioactive iodine for CAT scan). Josiah has never eaten closer than every 4 hours, except when he was under the lights, and he either sleeps through the night, or BLESSED dh feeds him a bottle if he gets up. Also, he's a paci ADDICT!!! rofl.

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#7 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 07:57 PM

I could be, but don't feel like I am.
We've DTD about 4-5 times over the past month and we aren't using any protection besides the nursing, babywearing, etc.

We'll see what happens.

Would you be happy to be expecting again?
#8 of 33 Old 10-09-2009, 08:08 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amanda Williams View Post
Would you be happy to be expecting again?
To be honest, I was wanting a little more space between Josiah and the next one than 10 months! We do, however, want a lot of children (i really admire Mamtoabunch ) But I was thinking about it the other day, and realized that I'd whole lot rather have the babies so close than to lose it, if i am pregnant! I truly would be very sad if i lost him or her.

Would you be happy, Amanda?

#9 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 12:37 AM

Well, we have four already and are definitely open to having more babies... I would love at least a few more, maybe many more. I will let my hubby decide if and when he wants to be "done".

Ours are 6,4, almost 2 and 2 months. I would be happy with a bit more spacing, but it is ALWAYS so exciting to get a positive pregnancy test. I feel like we want (and need) at least one more boy. We have three daughters and the little guy so far.

I would love to nurse Isaac for at least the full 12 months, though, so I am hoping my period will stay away for a good 9 months or so.
#10 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
I suppose it could be possible, but I don't think so.. We've been dtd several times a week since about 3w pp. We're also not using any birth control except ebf. However, my cycle didn't come back for 12m with DS, so I'm expecting the same this time around.. I'd be happy if I got pregnant again though.

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
#11 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 04:39 AM
Banned

Hell no. I had sex one time. A week after my Paraguard IUD was put in place, baby. No more babies fo' me.
#12 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 04:43 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post
Oh dear! We waited 30 days, and then about a week later, I started thinking, Man! I feel pregnant!" I didn't even think it was possible.

Morning sickness...
Hungry sickness...
food cravings...
hot flashes...
light spotting...
suddenly waaay sensitive boobs again...
nose of a weasel...lol

and just in the past week and a half or so:
nipple eczema is back (had it with Josiah 2nd and 3rd month, then disappeared completely)...
Baby restless, making faces, jerking back, and popping off while nursing...
Stomach burning...

HPT still negative, though. I'm not totally surprised about that, even if I am, because i was SIX WEEKS pregnant with Josiah before I could even get a faint line to show up on a hpt.

What do you all think????
I think all those can be related to post partum hormones. Though possible, it's highly unlikely you got pregnant this fast. it happens, but it's not very common.

And if you don't want to have babies back to back (I don't recommend that, it's really hard), get some birth control if you don't have some already.
#13 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 01:58 PM

I don't think I'm pregnant, but I *KNOW* I'm cycling again - my period started at exactly 8 wks pp. At that point, DS2 hadn't had a single bottle and I had never pumped - and he was/is nursing through the night still and everything. I'm way dissapointed (period didn't return with DS1 till 9 months!!). But yeah. We've DTD 2x now, both times with condoms (I'm not into hormonal birth control...)
#14 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 02:24 PM

Sex? What's that?
#15 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 03:04 PM

I had a dream last night that I took a HPT and it was positive. We have been having sex since 2 weeks PP with no protection. I am doubtful that we will get pregnant though. If we do I would be shocked.

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#16 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 04:59 PM
Banned

I think I might be cycling again too. I just found EWCM. Good thing I have an IUD in or I'd probably be knocked up in about a week
#17 of 33 Old 10-10-2009, 05:38 PM

It is now technically possible . . . DH got home early last week while DS1 & DS2 were at their grandma's and DD actually stayed asleep long enough for fun to happen . . .

But I know my body and there is NO WAY I am fertile yet.

I don't think it would be a number of bottles per week that would be a definite cycle inducer - it's frequency of nursing more than anything, I think. So if you were giving the baby a bottle every day but s/he normally nursed ever 1.5 hours and that bottle replaced one nursing it would be very unlikely to affect fertility - but if s/he normally nursed every 4 hours and you were therefore going 8 hours between nursings every day, you'd be very likely to get your cycle back.

I would not be happy to be pg now - I liked 3.25 year spacing very much this time, thank you very much. But it wouldn't be a disaster for us, and we do want one more child, and I have this little voice in my head that says the next baby is coming sooner than I think. But not, I think, THIS soon.

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#18 of 33 Old 10-11-2009, 01:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spring Sun View Post
Sex? What's that?
I think I remember something about it...not sure, though...

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#19 of 33 Old 10-11-2009, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Sex? What's that?
I hear ya!

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

#20 of 33 Old 10-11-2009, 03:25 PM

Quote:
Hmmm...was just talking to my mom about this yesterday. I had to quit nursing completely (uncontrollable jaundice) for 3 days and then every other feeding for 2 days, beginning 6 days PP. Then, I had to completely stop nursing for 2 more days the next week (radioactive iodine for CAT scan). Josiah has never eaten closer than every 4 hours, except when he was under the lights, and he either sleeps through the night, or BLESSED dh feeds him a bottle if he gets up. Also, he's a paci ADDICT!!! rofl.

Well you never know, we are so individual. Some mamas fertility returns early regardless and other can add bottles, cups solids and not get fertility to return for a year or two.

http://www.kellymom.com/bf/normal/fertility.html#LAM

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#21 of 33 Old 10-11-2009, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Sex? What's that?
I think that's what I was doing last year around this time, maybe I'll try it again next year!

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
#22 of 33 Old 10-11-2009, 10:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dislocator3972 View Post
I think that's what I was doing last year around this time, maybe I'll try it again next year!
Seriously. Maybe I'll give DH some for Christmas, right after he takes a trip to doctor snippo

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#23 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 01:33 AM

Nope... on birth control, we're gonna wait until Asia is a year then start trying again

somehow i do miss being pregnant really bad though

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
#24 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 10:40 AM

with ds i had an incredibly strong urge to be pg after for about 2 months...then it eased off...must have been hormones because the same thing happened this time

mom to ds '07 first day of a new year, dd '09 in the caul, and  ds '11 at home Oct 24th

#25 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 PM

I am looking forward to another pregnancy, I hope DH feels the same way. We don't plan on trying or preventing, so we'll see how it goes.
#26 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Sex? What's that?
Ha, yeah!! I have to be honest, for the first time ever, I fell asleep during sex. Sure I could be pregnant, fro the few get togethers, but probably not. We are use the withdrawl method just incase. I dont trust not having my period yet to think that is adequate birth control.

I miss being pregnant. Since my baby ame early, I feel like I missed the ending, but I know my body has to recover fully and loose some weight.
#27 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 06:46 PM

No nookie here, but dh is planning a trip to the dr and I'm planning a Mirena so probably not an issue even following nookie.

Cycles- despite ecological breastfeeding (co-sleeping, babywearing, no artificial nipples, nursing at will, etc) the longest "break" I had was around 8-9 months and that was when I was tandem nursing round the clock. The OBs I saw with dd2's pregnancy said that in their experience (as OBs and as a former LLL leader) that women with oversupply got their cycles back sooner since their babes "sucked less" to get the same amount of milk. I forget the exact number, but LAM is no longer effective if the babe isn't suckling every 4-6 hours round the clock. Obviously it's different for every woman. I know mamas who were pregnant within weeks of giving birth despite ecological breastfeeding/tandem nursing, and women who didn't get their cycles back until months after their preschool aged child weaned.

If you're concerned, visit a PP clinic or crisis pregnancy center or your dr's office. They can do a blood test and tell you one way or the other with more reliability than a HPT.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#28 of 33 Old 10-13-2009, 09:54 PM - Thread Starter

Annabelle - thanks for the kellymom link.

We're not preventing either, for religious reasons, except that we are ok with natural child spacing (rhythm, etc). The hard thing is, I have nothing to go on to know when I might get my period back.

My good friend's husband thinks she's pregnant just because she hasn't gotten hers back yet (her little girl is 15 weeks old), but I know that's not really much to go by, all things considering. We've had "girl talks" about it several times.

What in the world would we do without good friends and others who are walking with us??

#29 of 33 Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM

Quote:
Annabelle - thanks for the kellymom link.

We're not preventing either, for religious reasons, except that we are ok with natural child spacing (rhythm, etc). The hard thing is, I have nothing to go on to know when I might get my period back.
In the same spot mama. I have been charting since Finnian was 4 weeks. Charting will give you a better idea of where you are at, in addition to watching cervical mucous. It is a challenge though in this limbo type time from birth to return of af. We are currently preventing using nfp b/c I need to need to lose weight to be in better health before we conceive again.

#30 of 33 Old 10-14-2009, 05:20 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mamatoabunch View Post
In the same spot mama. I have been charting since Finnian was 4 weeks. Charting will give you a better idea of where you are at, in addition to watching cervical mucous. It is a challenge though in this limbo type time from birth to return of af. We are currently preventing using nfp b/c I need to need to lose weight to be in better health before we conceive again.
How do you chart? I was a virgin when I married, got pregnant with Josiah 2 weeks later, and now here we are, so I've never needed to even think about it.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page