Say it isn't so.... - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 12:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I have been really emotional and short-tempered today(even more so than usual), have been chewing my nails like I did while pregnant, have been feeling increasingly crampy, and just now when I peed and wiped, I noticed ever so faint spotting.

I think AF is coming.

I was AF-free for 15 months after having DS. DD will be 8 weeks tomorrow. And I am excusively breastfeeding again(of course!), and she's not even sleeping long stretches. Though DS did wake a little more frequently...

WTF?!?!?!?!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

#2 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 12:47 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
s I hope it isn't the case. I have noticed spotting on several occasions and have yet to have AF show up, so hopefully we are in the same boat..just occasional spotting and AF stays away for along time.

Jackson will be 7 weeks tomorrow. Here is a link to my chart that I am keeping just so I know when things happen.

http://www.fertilityfriend.com/home/16ed0d

K 30 married to J 40 Love being a SAHM to our IVF miracles: Jackson 08/09, Emily and Miles 09/11 Missing our lost babies 04/08, 08/10. Currently planted on a soft surface bfinfant.gifall day long.

#3 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 12:52 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, but the cramps....they feel like real, full-on period cramps.

Wasn't there someone else in here that started AF 8 wks PP, with their second baby? I wonder, is it usual to start AF a lot sooner with baby #2?

But maybe you're right. Positive thoughts, positive thoughts....

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).

#4 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 04:38 AM
Banned

I think I may have just started my period. Either that or it's my IUD insertion from a few weeks ago still stirring things up.
#5 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 12:55 PM

I have noticed spotting on a few ocasions and cramping. It makes me nervous that I could be pregnant, but it never amounts to anything to need a pad. If I feel cramping, I just taking some magnesium. It always helps.
#6 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 06:35 PM

After dd2 AF stayed away for something like 8-9 months. But that was tandem nursing round the clock... with full co-sleeping, no non-nipple sucking, lots of babywearing, etc.

I'm hoping for a full year but probably wont get more than a few months.

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#7 of 15 Old 10-13-2009, 11:07 PM

Here's my question: IF you are spotting, but no full period, does that mean you are ovulating???

Wife, 27, to DH, 33, and Mama to DS1 Josiah - 8/09, DS2 James - 3/11, 10 angel babies, 3 foster children, and one adorable ALMOST ADOPTED son - 5/05 

#8 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 01:32 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post
Here's my question: IF you are spotting, but no full period, does that mean you are ovulating???
Seems like that could be likely....?

Undeniable spotting on the undies today, but no full period, and the cramps seem to be subsiding now. Hmm. If I am ovulating, I'm not too worried about it, cuz I would have to be having sex to get pregnant. Haha, is all I have to say. I gots no time or energy for that.

#9 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 04:35 PM

s I'm right there with you - my period started this time 8weeks to the DAY after DS was born. I was period-free for 9+ months with DS1. SOO not fair!!
#10 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoyfamMama View Post
If spotting more than a couple of days you should consider yourself fertile. Most often first af was annovulatory and is a "warning" that your fertility has returned. I am spotting today, but w/ fertile mucous. I am considering myself fertile for two reasons. I had a full on bleed at 7 weeks and blood tinged mucous today.

Annabelle Catholic wife to Jeff '92 and mom to Makaley 19 Arden 19 Anniston 17 Taegan 14 Balen 12 Kellen 10 Ellery 8 Innish 6 Eiley 4 Finnian 3 Esca 2 our 8th uc.jpghomeschool.gifwaterbirth.jpgIHhbac.gifbftoddler.gifvbac.gifand expecting sweet pea January 2014.

#11 of 15 Old 10-14-2009, 07:07 PM

Oh my gosh, I'm sorry mamas. In my experience AF did not arrive earlier with DS2. I tend to be infertile though and my AF never seems to come until I wean or cut way, way back on nursing at night. AF came back around 17 mos with DS1 and that is when he weaned. AF came back around the same time with DS2 and that is when he nightweaned.

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)
#12 of 15 Old 10-15-2009, 12:42 PM

well i bled for 6 weeks after the birth, had a week off and got my AF at 7 weeks pp! Glad i never got round to dtd in the week off, i did notice cervical mucous in the week.

with ds1 & ds2 i had 16 weeks until af returned. The only difference this time is that River sleeps for 5 hours at night and the boys never went for longer than 3.

Mummy to T 06/04, L 08/06, R 08/09
:
#13 of 15 Old 10-15-2009, 01:46 PM

I'm spotting too. LAME.

Mom to : July 2007 and : August 2009!
#14 of 15 Old 10-16-2009, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Talula Fairie View Post
I think I may have just started my period. Either that or it's my IUD insertion from a few weeks ago still stirring things up.
same! it's just blood-tinged mucous for the past days, but af stayed away for 8 months last time. we use a pacifier with ds, though. i asked my mw if the iud would make my cycles start faster and she said no. but even if the blood is from the iud, the excess of cm is a giveaway.

know i'm in the minority, but i can't wait for af to return. this past 2.5 years of almost constant pregnancy/pp amenorrhea has showed me that my body just doesn't feel normal without cycles...my energy seems to come back. plus, the weight just dropped off (and then some) by the 2nd cycle.

lips.gif mama to flower.gif n 12.17.07 and coolshine.gif j 08.13.09

#15 of 15 Old 10-20-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jilian View Post
Oh my gosh, I'm sorry mamas. In my experience AF did not arrive earlier with DS2. I tend to be infertile though and my AF never seems to come until I wean or cut way, way back on nursing at night. AF came back around 17 mos with DS1 and that is when he weaned. AF came back around the same time with DS2 and that is when he nightweaned.
OK, I take it back. It looks like I am joining you ladies with the early AF. WTH?! Every other time I had to do things to try to encourage AF to come back because we wanted to TTC, now we're done and here is AF. Now I need to get serious about some form of birth control because I really don't want an oops baby. Booo AF!

Zen doula-mama to my spirited DS1 (2/03), my CHD (TAPVR) warrior DS2 (6/07) & a gentle baby girl (8/09)

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page