Anyone else have an angry nurser? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-20-2009, 01:52 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anna seems angry when she nurses.. LOL it sounds funny and kind of is, but it isn't pleasant. I am not sure if it is overactive let down or what, but when she nurses she kicks and punches and latches off frequently. She scratches me and just seems frustrated. Towards the middle/end of the feeding she calms down. What gives???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2009, 02:32 PM

Wyatt does that when he needs to poop or has a dirty diaper and also wants to nurse Once he poops and/or I change him he goes back to nursing contently.
Old 10-20-2009, 05:09 PM

Ryden does the same thing, but it is at the end of nursing. It is usually when he needs to be burped or just wants to suckle minus the milk.
It's funny because your title is perfect!! He even looks at me, latches off, squeals and then latched back on like a little demon.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 10-24-2009, 10:02 PM

Location: Where creepy facebook-featured threads can't find me
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
Ryden does the same thing, but it is at the end of nursing. It is usually when he needs to be burped or just wants to suckle minus the milk.
It's funny because your title is perfect!! He even looks at me, latches off, squeals and then latched back on like a little demon.
DD does the same thing. She is either trying to poop (halfway through nursing) or needs a burp (at the end) or wants to nurse without flow (sigh, almost never gets to do that.
Old 10-24-2009, 11:35 PM

Adelaide does the same thing. Sometimes she needs to be changed, sometimes she doesn't want the milk, sometimes she needs to burp, and sometimes she does it for no clear reason. Today I think she's doing it because she's congested and it's hard to breathe.

Sarah. Married to my Mirus, raising my DD1 (Aug. '09) and my DD2 (March '11) and waiting for my newest (April '14)!
Old 10-25-2009, 08:03 PM

DS does this sometimes. Usually I check his diaper and often hes wet and/or poopy. But sometimes not... when he's not and it just keeps up, at some point I give up and we walk around or bounce for a few minutes till he calms down and try again (or sometimes he just falls asleep)
Old 10-25-2009, 10:32 PM - Thread Starter

Ok so I started changing/checking her prior to feedings and then again after and it seems to help. I noticed it is mostly gas. If she seems to not want the milkI let her suck on my finger or her paci while I hold and rock and snuggle her. She just seems so angry at the boob sometimes, funny, but not. HAHA

User Tag List