How are the babies getting around - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 10-27-2009, 02:36 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I mean by themselves.
Jules rolled for the first time the other night. I had him layed out on the bed and I turned around to find him on his belly. Oh boy was he unhappy. He doesn't like tummy time at all.
He is still not sitting at all by himself. When should he be doing this?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2009, 03:03 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
they typically start sitting AROUND 5 months. Yay for the roll!
Kings does none of that yet. Thank god, i'm just not ready for him to be on the move. He just turned 11 wks yesterday.

Mom to K and R

Old 10-27-2009, 03:55 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Jonah isn't rolling or anything, but he is threatening to do something! He was so squirmy on the changing table this morning that DH gave up trying to put his diaper on and called me in to help! He kicks his legs and arches his back, then pushes off the wall with his foot. He also grabs and hits your arm/hand/whatever he can find. We might need to move diaper changes to the bed soon for his safety if this keeps up.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 10-27-2009, 05:35 PM

Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Olivine still doesn't roll yet (at 11 weeks).. She isn't a mover, so I don't expect her to do these things too quickly.

DS rolled over at 5 months, sat up at 7m, crawled at 10m and walked at 12m.

Every kid is so different, it's hard to say who will be doing what. In my family babies don't sit up until 7-8m, in other families 5m is more common.. You'll just have to wait and see!

Abra, Married to George, Mother to DS 12/03 & DD1 08/09 & DD2 12/11 + Someone New in May 2015! After years of planning, we are finally living our dream in South America!!
Old 10-27-2009, 05:57 PM

Annalise is not doing anything yet. She just wants boobies. LOL She is more interested in boobies, boobies all the time.. LOL No toys, no rolling, not sitting, just mama and boobies. HAHAHA
Old 10-27-2009, 06:31 PM

Asia is starting to get SUPER physical, she arches her back and is incredibly squirmy ALL the time! She has extremely strong legs, we have to be really careful with her, she likes to push herself off us with her legs and throws her head back really violently all the time.

She HATES tummy time, I think she would rather crawl then work on keeping her head up. She doesn't roll over yet, when she's laying on her back she just kicks her legs like crazy.

Happy mama to Asia born 07/15
Old 10-27-2009, 11:35 PM

No rolling here yet either. Santiago does pretty well with tummy time (I didn't do enough with ds1, so I promised myself I wouldn't repeat that mistake) and has good head control. Likes to sit with help. He also gets wiggly on the changing table, so I've been more vigilant there...

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
Old 10-28-2009, 01:54 AM

Ryden just turned 9 weeks today and he is doing the leg thing that pp-s are talking about. Pushing off of us like crazy, and when I prop him up on my legs facing me... he totally beats up my boobs. He is also doing the crazy kicking on the changing table, and he is serious about it!
No rolling yet... thank goodness. In due time, though.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 11-04-2009, 07:35 PM

DD is almost there to rolling over - getting onto her side no problem from her back, could probably get to her tummy if I let her but she mostly does it when I am changing her diaper (on the bed/floor, don't worry!) and I'm usually in a hurry.

DS1 said, "oh, no, that's bad!" I asked why, and he said "because she'll roll out of the bed." I explained how we would keep her safe and that really she needs to learn to roll over. "Why?" he said. "well" I said, "It's hard to learn to crawl on your back!"

I expect sitting around 5 months, too. Crawling? Well, DS1 crawled at 6 months, walked at 9. DS2 WALKED at 7 1/2 months but didn't crawl until 10 months! (Wild child!) I have no expectations!

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Old 11-14-2009, 12:54 AM - Thread Starter

Today Jules pushed himself up on his hands and tucked his knees in, like he was wanting to crawl. But he fell over, and fussed that it didn't work. Perhaps he cried because I was shouting for dh to come over and see.

Still crawling may not happen for a while, but he really wants to get around. When we are all up and playing (me and 2 yr dd), I can tell that he is jsut wishing he could jump up and wrestle with her or something.
Old 11-16-2009, 01:14 PM

Loki is almost rolling onto his belly and is rolling from belly to back. He can scoot but his arms always get stuck! He's also always trying to sit up and is making crazy fast progress with that.

Things are happening much sooner than with Joseph. Like bluebird mentions about her LO, I can tell he's ready to get involved and play!

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

Old 11-18-2009, 02:34 AM

Meadow rolled over from front to back for the first time at one day short of 12 weeks...I was totally floored, since ds didn't do it til almost 4 months old!

treehugger.gif Mia, married to my superhero.gif since 2006, mama to bikenew.gif D (5/06) and dust.gifM (8/09).
namaste.gifgrouphug.gifrainbow1284.gifgd.gif

Old 11-20-2009, 12:39 PM

My boys are kickers/runners LOL
Their legs and feet are always going. They don't get anywhere though yet!

Jayme-
Boy13, Boy12, Boy10, Girl7, Girl5, Twin Boys 6/14/09
Old 11-20-2009, 02:20 PM

Noah rolls from belly to back and from back to side, he hasn't figured out how to go all the way yet. He too kicks and punches like crazy. He will be 11 weeks tomorrow.

breastfeeding, co-sleeping, baby wearing, cloth diapering Mom to Noah (9/5/09)

User Tag List