Sick little one . . . - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 08:50 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
DD has a terrible cough and a low-grade fever. She is nursing and nursing and nursing, crying pathetically when I have to change her diaper or when she's coughing, and has thrown up twice (while coughing - I don't think her stomach is upset, just that she's got a great gag reflex.)

Poor girlie Fortunately, DS1 & DS2 were going to their grandparents' for the day anyway. Not looking forward to tonight

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

#2 of 7 Old 11-10-2009, 11:43 PM

Hugs mama!
Try to get some rest yourself (if really possible with a sick babe).
#3 of 7 Old 11-11-2009, 12:05 AM

I'm so sorry to hear this! I hope she gets better real soon, not only for her sake but also yours. I'll pray you can both get some rest and for her little body to heal itself quickly!

Crystal- aka "Momma" toLara Karlene 1-1-05 ~ Keira Skyler 1-31-07 ~ Rohnin Viper 8-12-09 & stork-suprise.gif March 2014!!!!

intactlact.gifsaynovax.gif

#4 of 7 Old 11-11-2009, 12:40 AM

Molly is sick too. DD1 had a horrible high fever and cough last week, and I thought we were in the clear with Mol, but she has been coughing the last two days pretty bad. No fever though...
Keep yourself hydrated mama- and give her lots of snuggles!

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :
#5 of 7 Old 11-11-2009, 08:31 PM

Hope you're all feeling better soon! It's so hard when they are sick when they are so little.

Christina, Mama to Salvador (3 yr) & Santiago (6 mo)! www.footprintsbaby.com Life has gotten too busy - Come shop our going out of business sale! Cloth Dipes & more.
#6 of 7 Old 11-11-2009, 11:04 PM

We went through the cough, too. At the worst of it I took him into the bathroom, stopped up the tub, ran a very hot shower (for the steam) and dripped peppermint and eucalyptus EO into the tub. It was a smelly steamy experience. LOL! I turned down the heat of the shower once the room was really steamy, and let the water hit his back for a few minutes. Anyways, he sneezed, coughed a little to loosen the gunk, and after that "shower" the bark in his cough totally went away and he vastly improved over the next 24 hours.

Poor little beebees.
#7 of 7 Old 11-12-2009, 11:01 AM - Thread Starter

Yeah, I don't remember either of my boys ever being this sick this little. DD is obviously doing better this morning. Thanks for all your thoughts & prayers!

For some reason the shower trick never seems to work with my kids - I don't know why - it sure helps me when I'm sick. We figured out an appropriate dosage of guifenesin (robitussin/mucinex) for a 14 lb baby and that's really helped tremendously. (2.5 ml of children's liquid in case anyone's interested, according to Ask Dr. Sears.)

Here as mama to W (2/04), R (5/06), D (7/09), and J (12/9/12!), co-parenting with my DH

I WOH part-time, am a doula & childbirth educator, home/unschool, and hope we are nearing the center of chaos

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page