how are you sleeps doing - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 4 Old 11-11-2009, 03:20 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I can't seem to fall asleep at night. I've actually been stayin up watch poker tornuments and such. Not sleepy at night... tired during the day but not able to nap. My mind seems to respond a little too strongly to the zoloft I'm on but I'm also wondering if this is part of having two kids to worry about instead of one. All the horrible headlines just replay at night and I lay there wondering how to protect my family. The lack of sleep is rediculous and unnecessary.... I mean my daughter is only up 3-4 times a nights.

Also wondering, how long does your LO nap for. DD is taking 20 min naps in the morning... instead of a good solid long nap... and often does this in the afternoon too. Is this common? I'm thinking it is teeth shifting in her mouth stuff... she doesn't really have tooth buds but is drooling like a mad man.

Tea drinking Momma::: Grady 8/06 and : Coralynn 8/09
#2 of 4 Old 11-11-2009, 07:29 PM

DS sleeps 10-12 hours at night, and wakes about every two hours for a feeding. I'm not sure exactly how long he goes because I nurse side-lying and we both go back to sleep. Napping during the day is random. He will take a few 45 minute naps, hour naps, 2 hour naps, etc. It's usually short naps lately. I wish I could stay up late after DS goes to sleep, but he started this thing where he wants to go to the big bed around 8PM every night. Once I'm there and lying down, we're both going to sleep, lol. I tried nursing him in the living room at this time so I can catch some of my TV shows, but he just ends staying awake and getting cranky.

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

#3 of 4 Old 11-12-2009, 05:49 PM

At night DD goes to bed about 8 pm and sleeps til 6 or 7 am, waking up around 12:30, 3:30, and 5 for milk/diaper change. So that's about 1 1/2 hours of awake time during those 10-11 hours. Could be worse, but it doesn't feel satisfying for some reason.

Mama with DD (01/04) and DD (08/09)
#4 of 4 Old 11-13-2009, 02:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GradysMom View Post
I can't seem to fall asleep at night. I've actually been stayin up watch poker tornuments and such. Not sleepy at night... tired during the day but not able to nap. My mind seems to respond a little too strongly to the zoloft I'm on but I'm also wondering if this is part of having two kids to worry about instead of one. All the horrible headlines just replay at night and I lay there wondering how to protect my family. The lack of sleep is rediculous and unnecessary.... I mean my daughter is only up 3-4 times a nights.

Also wondering, how long does your LO nap for. DD is taking 20 min naps in the morning... instead of a good solid long nap... and often does this in the afternoon too. Is this common? I'm thinking it is teeth shifting in her mouth stuff... she doesn't really have tooth buds but is drooling like a mad man.
I could have written your post, almost word for word. Tired days, wakeful nights (me) drooling catnapper of a babe! I'm on Wellbutrin, which can be "activating" so I figured that that was why I was wakeful when I should be going to bed at night. I absolutely DRAG during the afternoons/early evenings. DD does sleep pretty well at night, and we side-lie nurse so I just latch her on when she wakes off and fall back asleep. I'm wondering if this is PPD stuff (for me) or if, despite getting enough hours of sleep, I'm just not getting *good* sleep. (As in complete sleep cycles.)

Heidi , wife to my DH , mama to Hope Isobel (4/3/06), Molly Grace (7/31/09): , furbaby Callie :

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page