Car Seats? - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 5 Old 11-15-2009, 11:38 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hey there, I'm starting to research what carseat to get next for my DS2 and/or DS1. Currently DS1 is in an Evenflo Triumph Advance, and DS2 is in a babytrend flex loc. DS2 is already just a couple twists from being at the top harness slot and thence just a couple inches from the top of the shell as far as I can tell, so it won't be long before he's ready/in need of a new seat.

DS1 was FF up untill a couple weeks ago when I turned him around for the first time in over a year. I kept reading how much safer it is and finally just decieded to try it and see how he likes it.. Turns out he likes it much better than FF In anycase it means that I'll be needing a new convertable seat here shortly (I was just going to get a graco nautilus for DS1 and give the triumph to DS2).... and I'm having a majorly hard time deciding.

I'm pretty much decided it'll be one of 3 or 4 seats (from most to least likely, at this moment in time: True Fit Premier, Radian XTSL, Complete Air or another Triumph. I haven't actually seen either a true fit or an xtsl in real life yet, but I'm hoping to try installing an old-style radian that one of my friends owns rf in my car (99 accord) here shortly. Assuming it fits well I'll probably go with it... and if it doesn't probably a true fit.

Anyhow... what are you planning on doing (or did you just get a convertible to begin with?)??
#2 of 5 Old 11-16-2009, 11:54 AM

Hello! We've been using the Companion with its base in one car and then without in the other. Yesterday I installed a Frontier for Joseph and a TrueFit Premiere for Loki (that Joseph had been using FF). So right now our cars look like this...

Car1: Boulevard / TF
Car2: Frontier / Companion

When Loki grows out of the infant seat we'll be moving him into Joseph's Boulevard and buying Joseph a new seat.

Sami; Dedicated to Joey, 6yrs as Wife... already 10 as Sweetheart heartbeat.gif
"attached" SAHM for our spunky Leo boys twins.gif Loki & Joseph (2 & 5)

2ndtri.gif We've got a new addition - our first babygirl - arriving mid to late February! Life is good.

#3 of 5 Old 11-16-2009, 01:10 PM

Check over in Family Safety... there are lots of car seat techs hanging out there!

We have three radians (two ff with ds rf). We didn't have room for an infant seat this time round so ds has been in the radian from the start. With dd1 she moved from infant seat to a Marathon, dd2 moved from the infant seat to an Alpha Omega. Those seats currently "live" in my MIL's car for when she has the girls.

We really like the radians and they're the only ones that fit three across anyway so I guess it's good that we do like them so much!

Be pretty! Be practical! Be Pagan! Visit Pagan Hearth & Home!
 mama to lady.gif(4/05), hearts.gif(6/07vbac), diaper.gif(8/09vbac), and babygirl.gif (9/11vbac)

#4 of 5 Old 11-16-2009, 01:26 PM

DD has a Britax and we got a Radian for when DS grows out of the infant seat. I figure we'll move him in a few weeks as he is already huge and looks cramped.

Originally we got the Radian for space reasons, but we got a minivan a few weeks later so it wasn't really necessary anymore. I like it, though. Haven't set it up in the car yet but I like its heft and that it's made of steel. But it is a heavy sucker!

Mama to a sweet 12/06 girl fairy.gif and a squishy 8/09 boy biggrinbounce.gif
#5 of 5 Old 11-19-2009, 10:14 AM

We got a convertible to begin with (Radian XT) and we love it

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page