how to remove breastsmilk poo stains? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 11-16-2009, 07:24 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Anyone have any tried and true method that really works? I have a ton of borrowed clothes and a few have been "blown out" on. I'd love any tips or links that you have. TIA.

Robin and dh-Mark married 1997
Kiana - 1999, Quinn - 2002, Ciela - 2004, Carina - 2006 and Sullivan born 8-18-09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2009, 08:05 PM

You can try bleaching them in the sun but that might fade the colors as well....

Happily married mom to DS (Aug 09) and two furry troublemakers.

Old 11-16-2009, 08:09 PM
pjs

I've had luck using a stain stick, tide and the soak cycle on my washing machine.
Old 11-16-2009, 08:15 PM

We had a 'blow out' here too on my tan pants and I was pretty devastated...I soaked them in cold water (I soak DS diapers anyways, so I just ran them through the wash with the diapers) and then I squirted a little lemon juice on the stain and hung them out in the sun and low and behold...the stain was gone! Good luck!

Dirt worshiping, creatress Mama to Rowan and Alden - home birth loving, no circ, no vax, extended breast feeding, cloth diapering, baby wearing, cosleeping

Old 11-16-2009, 09:57 PM

I am also going with a little sun. Using cloth diapers for the first time, I had always heard that about BF poo and the sun, but never fully believed it. Then I tried it, and you would truly have never even known there was a stain there. Remember to put it in the sun wet, though. I think that is important. If you do it for a couple of hours, I can't imagine it would mess with the color of the clothing.

Michele married to Dh since Dec 2000 and happily sharing a home with 3 kitties, 1 doggy, DS R born 8/25/09 into the arms of his mama, and DS E born 2/25/2012

Old 11-17-2009, 02:57 AM

DDC crashing...

When i got my baby clothes back from my sis, they had some pooh stains on them. I soaked them overnight with oxiclean. got most any stain out, including spit up stains. some clothes i did have to soak twice, but it got everything out!
Old 11-19-2009, 11:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimkins View Post
I am also going with a little sun. Using cloth diapers for the first time, I had always heard that about BF poo and the sun, but never fully believed it. Then I tried it, and you would truly have never even known there was a stain there. Remember to put it in the sun wet, though. I think that is important. If you do it for a couple of hours, I can't imagine it would mess with the color of the clothing.

read.gifLisa married to geek.gifB WAHM to moon.gifC (08.09)

User Tag List