Introductions!! - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#61 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 07:12 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenmn View Post
I'm Jen and am pregnant with #2. I have a DD who turned 2 in October. I tested positive at 9dpo (New Year's Eve!) with a Clearblue Digital. I'm due September 14 (by ovulation date).
yay a due date buddy! congrats!:

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#62 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 10:45 AM

Hi, I'm Stephanie and I just found out yesterday that I'm pregnant!:

I'm so excited but it doesn't feel real yet. I told my DH and he is so excited too. When he got home from work I told him I found a present for him that I had forgotten to wrap for Christmas. When he opened it he thought that at first it was a USB! I had to explain to him that two lines meant we were expecting (because I wrap negative pregnancy tests up with bows all the time...lol)

We have an almost 3 yr. old son and he LOVES babies. Let's hope he feels the same way when the baby actually comes! I'm due 9/13, so it's still REALLY early. My husband and I are going to wait until March to start telling our family.

artist mama to two BEAUTIFUL boys, Gabe 3/7/06 and Judah 9/23/09
#63 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 11:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picturesque View Post
I also hesitated about posting b/c DH and I have decided that we want to keep this pregnancy a secret for a few months, but my BFF spends A LOT of time on MDC. I hope she doesn't catch me here. (Hi Hollie!!) Our big concern has mostly to do with family, though, and protecting our privacy at the time of the birth. The ILs have made clear through past words and actions that they do not respect the wishes of new parents in choosing to be alone for the birth/immediately after. So we are going to "adjust" our due date in our favor.
HEYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY Morgan LOL. Popping in from May 09 DDC to say hi! (I seriously have no clue how I end up seeing your posts??? Probably because all I do at work is hit "new posts" every 10 minutes and spend all day on here LOL) Don't worry secret's safe with me- if there is in fact a BFP here soon. I knew you were being shady about getting prego- but I finally remembered last night that you were adjusting your due date for the IL's.... Anywhoo- I'm going to txt you in about 10 seconds to tell you that I found you .

Blessed with two BEAUTIFUL little girls: Kylie (09/06) and Maggie (4/09) :
#64 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 04:08 PM

Joining in I did a DDC with ds2 (now almost 4) and really enjoyed it--but man have they racheted up the rules

Anywhoo, I am Marjorie. I have two boys, 6 and almost 4. I am due September 9 according to my chart but ds2 was 10 days early (from his chart due date), so anywhere from August 31 to September 9 I tested New Years Day and what a great way to start 2009 with a positive test!!!!! I have been waiting 2 years to get pregnant again--dh is in grad school and finishes in May. He didn't totally want more kids, but when he got into his grad program he agreed we could have more if I waited Totally worth waiting two years to get two more kids out of him But since we did wait, he is really excited about this baby

I am a tiny bit worried about losing this baby because my temps aren't staying up consistently, but my midwife has me on False Unicorn Root, so I am hopeful that it will be a sticky. I am planning a homebirth. I wanted to with ds2 but dh wasn't willing to use an alegal midwife, plus he was worried since our first was born 6wks early. I had a really easy hospital birth with ds2but was totally annoyed with fighting with the staff to prevent interventions Now that there is a legal homebirth midwife near me, I am doing that and I love, love, love her!! Actually three of my friends are having homebirths with her in the next year. Must be something in the water We haven't told our families yet but my MIL also guessed--must really be something about MILs. Though I did deny it since a)we could still lose the baby (I've had previous miscarriage and have been subfertile recently) and b) just aren't ready for it to be public.

So welcome everyone! I look forward to getting to you all and journeying together through the next 9 months.

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#65 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 04:09 PM

And now I am subscribing since I am a big dork and forgot to before

Marjorie
wife to my best friend, Stephen, mother to Alec 5/02, Ian 2/05 and Kathryn 9/09
#66 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 04:52 PM

hi, i'm amy
i tested positve at 10dpo with a $store test and again at 16dpo. still not believing it's real i'm due 11/09 by my ovulation date.
i've been lurking on the TTC boards for a few months and i've been charting for 6months. my dp and i have been letting nature decide our fate not actively TTC, but letting the universe decide for us.

i have an (almost 10yo) ds who i raised as a single mother. this pregnancy and birth are going to be so very different for me. more joyful and full of love and happiness. i am hoping for a vbac midwife assisted homebirth.
#67 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 08:45 PM

Hi everyone!

I got my first BFP (ever!) in September, and had a m/c at 6 weeks. We tried again immediately and I'm pregnant again, with great looking hcg numbers (1640 at 19 dpo!) and a EDD of 09/10/09!

So excited to be here and to hang out with all of you knowledgeable mamas! :
#68 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 10:03 PM

Hello, my name is Carrie. I'm pregnant with #4, my 3rd child was born still last January. I debated on joining since I'm sure I'll be going up and down with emotions. We tested on New Years morning and we have a due date for Sept 7th. I plan on asking for induction mid August, but I still wanted to join this due date club since I would be on the same road as you guys. So HI!!!!
#69 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 10:43 PM

Welcome to all our newbies!

Carrie - I read your birth story. It was so touching and emotionally raw. I hope you'll stay with us for the rest of your journey.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#70 of 113 Old 01-06-2009, 11:03 PM

I'm sorry I also meant to write that we are super excited and it was a wonderful way to start the New Year for us.
#71 of 113 Old 01-07-2009, 09:21 PM

Carrie, you're an amazing woman. Looking forward to sharing this journey with you.
#72 of 113 Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 AM

Hi, I am Nicole, I have absolutely no idea what my due date is, when my last period was but I know I am pg with #2!
Crossing my fingers everything goes well, sending good vibes to other moms to be
#73 of 113 Old 01-08-2009, 08:01 PM

Hi Everyone!

I got my BFP yesterday... tested at my gf's and then burst into tears- although getting pg certainly isn't a surprise, it's still always a shock. My LMP was 12/6/08 and dh was only home on the 16th through the 18th, so I'm thinking I O'd on the 18th/19th.

I still have to take TCOYF off the shelf, but I should have a mid-Sept due date- right?

My symptoms are pretty obvious... now we'll just see how the next two months go. It would be nice to hold off really talking about this with family/friends until March or so, but somehow this is always a hard secret to keep. Plus, when I decline a beer and want to go to bed at 9 pm you KNOW something is up!

This will be our 3rd baby.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone! Meg

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#74 of 113 Old 01-09-2009, 03:28 PM

I am Amanda due September 7, 2009. This will make the 5th and last baby for my husband and I. My oldest is 11 and our youngest is 14 months. My third child was born at 26 weeks and spent 78 days in the NICU. I will most likely deliver in August because I am high risk due to blood pressure problems and having Pre-Eclampsia with 3 out of 4 of the pregnancies. Funny all but the preemie I had Pre-Eclampsia. My OB put me on blood pressure meds yesterday. My youngest Jackson is still nursing.
#75 of 113 Old 01-09-2009, 04:22 PM

Hello!!!

Can't say how happy I am to be here now! :
Tested this morning, BFP! I was kind of expecting that...but then, I have that expectation with every test I took, and was wronged several times.

Anyways, this will be our third, still nursing my second (wonder how long it takes this time until my nursling will complain about no milk left??) ,and plan to nurse her throughout the pregnancy and beyond if she is up for it -- that's what we did the last time around.

My first two were homebirth-ed, and I hope for the same again. Gotta call the midwife, and change my signature....due Sept 20 -- a Christmas baby so to speak ;-)

Cheers,
#76 of 113 Old 01-09-2009, 09:08 PM

Hi everyone,
I have been watching this thread since last month and am amazed I get to finally join!!!
I woke up and tested this morning.
This is our second baby. I'm excited and it also feels a bit surreal. I was trying not to get my hopes up since PMS symptoms and early pregnancy symptoms are so similar. Now I know why my breasts are so sore!
DH doesn't fully believe it either. He said maybe next week it will sink in a bit more. Looking forward to getting to know you all.
Blessings,
Jess

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#77 of 113 Old 01-09-2009, 10:36 PM

Hi all. :-) My husband and I tested positive Tuesday morning at 10 dpo. The tests are faint, but there are five of them that say positive, and a missed period today (and an aching back, tired body, implantation spotting, and weird appetite that say I'm pregnant).

I'm due 9/19/09, which is my husband's birthday. Which is fair as our six year old daughter was due on MY birthday. hehe

Our daughter was born in a freestanding birthing center with a midwife. This time around we're planning an UC. My GP had a HBAC with a midwife, so she's good with this. :-) She'll be doing my prenatal care.

Let me see, what else? We're an AP family, pretty crunchy, I'm vegan, the others are omnivores. I wore Piper until..... well, I wore her in April at 5y9m around NYC in a borrowed Ergo. LOL I haven't worn her since, she's just too long (only 38 pounds now, so she's not too heavy). She went around China in a Kozy at 4.5 years. We cloth diapered, she weaned at 3y2m, and currently we play musical beds, though mostly it's my DH in the guest room and Piper and I (and any number from zero to four cats) sleep in the king sized bed in our room. I suspect come September it'll be me and the kids in the bed and DH in the other room.

I'm a SAHM and a certified child passenger safety technician. Not sure how I'll do carseat checks after the baby is born. I'll have to work something out.

Congrats and H&H 9 months to everyone!

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#78 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 01:37 AM

hello everyone! cautiously joining you, got a BFP this evening at 16 DPO. i've been spotting a little for the past three days and i know this is OK sometimes but still i'm a bit nervous. hope i'll see you through all nine months! : look forward to getting to know you.

ravenstar we did it!
#79 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 03:27 AM

Hooray!
Octobermoon, I think we were both feeling similar. I felt like AF was going to come at any time. I've been having cramps but I had them when I was pregnant with DD. They were ligament pain then. I'm trying to tell myself that that's what this is. It probably is, but you know.
I'll be thinking of you and hoping that spotting goes away soon. My sister-in-law had spotting with her son's pregnancy. She was spotting and thought for sure she wasn't pregnant. She took a test anyway and voila! Now he's 16 months old and a little sweetheart.

I'm so excited for both of us! Pretty amazing we got our BFPs on the same day. Today was 17 dpo for me. So we're close. My EDD is September 14th. I hope more of our friends from the TTC threads join us.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#80 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 11:23 AM

Hi - My name is Mary. Just got my BFP last weekend. Actually, make that 5 BFPs - as I bought just about every test Walmart sold! The doctor thought that wasn't possible - too early she said based on my dates. She didn't know how sensitive those HPTs are! Anyway, I had my hcg drawn and yup - it was positive. Still very nervous as I am older. This pregnancy was unexpected, but not unwelcome. I have another blood draw today to make sure the numbers are going up.

Mary
#81 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 12:10 PM

Hi I'm Anna,

Just had a positive HPT this AM. A little scared, a little nervous, A LOT confused. DH and I think of ourselves as preferential adopters, but this, uh, accident isn't unwelcome. Still, not what we were planning and dreaming about.

I've lost two pregnancies before, and I really don't want to go through that heartbreak again, so I'm feeling a little reluctant to get excited. I've found these boards to be helpful and comforting in the past, so I thought it would be a good place to turn to.

Congrats to the other September '09 DDC mommies! :
#82 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 12:23 PM

Hi Everyone! We just found out yesterday that we're expecting #3! I have a son who was born in April 06 via a horrible epidural/forcep birth, a daughter born naturally in Nov. 07 w/ midwives in a hospital. I so wanted a homebirth w/ my next one, but we just can't afford it when our insurance pays for a hospital birth.

Looking forward to getting to know everyone, I think Mothering is going to be my home message board as opposed to babycenter this go around! I'll get in a lot less fights!
#83 of 113 Old 01-10-2009, 12:33 PM

Welcome, ladies!

Anna, I'm sorry about your losses and hope this one will be different for you.

Yes, I'd have trouble being in a babycenter ddc, too.

Congratulations to both of you!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#84 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 12:04 PM

Well, looks like I am straggling in! Helloooooo September mamas! :

It feels weird to be in the DDCs again. I've got two lovely living children and lost a son in October in the second tri due to a placental abruption. I am SO looking forward to a BORING, UNEVENTFUL pregnancy!

Yay for babies!

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#85 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
Well, looks like I am straggling in! Helloooooo September mamas! :

It feels weird to be in the DDCs again. I've got two lovely living children and lost a son in October in the second tri due to a placental abruption. I am SO looking forward to a BORING, UNEVENTFUL pregnancy!

Yay for babies!
Hello to another NCer!

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#86 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 12:59 PM

Wow, Lisa...you only just lost your ds in October? That's hard.

I have a friend who's third child was stillborn and she got pg again much sooner then she anticipated. She, too, had a new babe less than a year after her son was born. I think it was healing in some ways, and harder in others.

#87 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 01:04 PM

My husband is in the Marine Corps and he's deploying for a year this week so we said "now or never." I like having something happy to look forward to.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#88 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 01:11 PM

Well, I can understand that!

So your dh is deploying for a year? I thought Marines usually did shorter tours. Ouch!

And so now you are telling us that you are going to be going through this pregnancy and birth without your dh, too? Okay, you are going to have to tell us what we can do to support you as this pregnancy progresses. I hope you have some good local support!

#89 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 01:49 PM

Yes, they are doing 12-14 months and if Obama decides he really wants them out in 16 months there's some debate as to whether they will just extend them. He was part of the initial invasion when our DD was born and it was okay. Of course I wish he were here, but I will survive. I don't mean that to sound callous, but it just is what it is. You understand, I am sure. If we waited everything around his schedule, we'd never get it done.

#90 of 113 Old 01-11-2009, 02:14 PM

I found out this morning that DH and I are expecting #5!! We were thinking another, even planning another but this one is a surprise as we were using FAM and thought we were safe.......but guess baby had other plans! We are excited and looking forward to sharing this adventure with other mamas!:

Erin (siobhain)

Erin : ~~ unschooling mama to DD (12) , DS (11) :, DS (8) and DS (3) , DD Soleil Emily Meadow (9-18-09) born at home in the water

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page