Anyone have symptoms yet? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 12:41 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I *thought* my breasts were sore for a day or two but now I feel just fine. I'm a bit worried at my lack of symptoms. I don't remember when I started feeling symptoms with the first two. I'm about 4 weeks. Just wondering if anyone else is full of pg symptoms. I'm hoping I'll start feeling sick soon. (boy that sounds wierd).

Emily, WOHM to Joshua (05) River (08) HBAC,  Rylee (09) HBAC and Levi (coming 8/11) planning another HBAC 

#2 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 12:50 PM
Banned

what a great thread

for first couple of weeks I had:

* cramping
* nausea (just the feeling of)
* sensitive smell
* sensitive taste

then I got

* tiredness and not much else

now:

* breasts feel full
* cramps again
* tiredness
* clothes getting tight

discovered i am no longer happy eating pastry today !I have had about 3 days without symptoms,and I have had a little bleeding.
#3 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 04:11 PM

Pure exhaustion. But that's based on my health junk even more than a bean.

I so hope I don't puke or get morning sickness...I managed to avoid all that with Corbin and I'd love to have a 2 for 2 going on!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#4 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 04:44 PM

First, don't worry about not having symptoms... it could just be that you're one of those women who make the rest of us want to puke lol (ie, you're lucky)

Personally, I can't really say what my current symptoms are since I also have the flu, but before that kicked in... I had what I call the 'first trimester freight train'... the nausea/heartburn and the exhaustion.

Army wife and sahm to: Aime(20), Jordan(17, birthmom), Morganne(16), Sami(5), Kasi(4), Madi(1)
#5 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 05:58 PM

The world is really smelly!

Plus the standard, early symptoms....
#6 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 08:37 PM

I know! I can smell everything a mile away.

Both times for me I got S.I.C.K. at around 6 weeks. I've been trying to eat healthy and clean the house because I know in a few weeks it will be all ramens, poptarts, and dirty socks.
#7 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 09:01 PM

So far I don't have many symptoms other than ridiculous bloating, sore breasts, and fatigue. I've had a few bouts of nausea, usually triggered by coffee creamer.

Angel , wife to Daniel :, mama to Astrid Lilith (11/01/06) and Leland Hunter (09/07/09)
#8 of 33 Old 12-28-2008, 11:42 PM

:

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#9 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 12:29 AM

I have been nauseous for a few weeks now. I think I got nauseous a few days after conception but it was on and off. (it could be other things too though.). Now I have morning sickness, backaches, I'm peeing all the time and extreme fatique.

Megan: Wife to DH (2-19-09) Mother to DD (3-26-07) and DS (8-14-09) Exclusively breastfeeding, babywearing and cosleeping.
#10 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 12:34 AM

Definitely peeing non-stop. Queasiness at times, but nothing too bad, thank you Lord. Bbs are VERY sore...wow! Lots of evening bloat, lots of gas, heartburn. Yes, my pants are already headed toward feeling too tight.

And I am so. unbelievably. sleepy. I can barely keep my eyes open in the afternoons.

Funny how fast the symptoms start coming on, isn't it? A week ago, I didn't have enough symptoms to think I was pg before I took the hpt!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#11 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 12:48 AM

I just found out on 23/12 that I am pregnant (tested early, 9 dpo) .. And seeing as I am the ultimate POAS addict, I have tested everyday since (they are now as dark as the control line, 14 dpo).
Anyways, my only symptoms have been af-like cramps (mainly 11 and 12dpo), needing to pee more (although I do drink a lot of water), and the occasional am-I-imagining-it breast tingling.
I have had 2 chemical pregnancies (july and aug 2008), so the "lack" of symptoms is bothering me too.
I find myself looking at my tests a billion times a day, I have never had lines this dark, so Im hoping this little bean is a sticky one!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).
#12 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 01:00 AM - Thread Starter

wow thanks ladies! So many people are joining this DDC!!!! I still have no symptoms and am trying to ignore my worries. I've tested a gazillion times. With DS2 I tested once. Thats it! The line was very dark today.

Emily, WOHM to Joshua (05) River (08) HBAC,  Rylee (09) HBAC and Levi (coming 8/11) planning another HBAC 

#13 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 01:54 AM

So far nasea
kinda sore breasts lots of tingling
heartburn and gas with bloating
slight cramps
I am glad someone else said backache because I was thinking the later in pregancy backache was starting early. My hips and inner thighs have been kind of achy at night as well. And I always have to pee.
I also can smell really well. I thought the house was on fire when my son had the glue gun on down the hall.
#14 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 02:54 AM

Carolyn_mtl, there is a similar "am I imagining it-ness" in the early weeks for me too--both with my previous pregnancy & this one.

Also, an enormous, ferocious bear has taken residence inside my mouth. It seems to be very ill tempered & roars a lot. I've asked my husband not to poke the bear & in exchange, have agreed to keep it on a leash.
#15 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 07:45 AM

I'm only on CD 22, 7DPO, but I have had horrible night sweats! Soaking the sheets!! I think it is the clomid, but I didnt have night sweats when i was actually taking the pills. Weird! I am hoping it is a pregnancy symptom, I really never hear of it as one in early pregnancy :

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#16 of 33 Old 12-29-2008, 11:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntieM View Post
Also, an enormous, ferocious bear has taken residence inside my mouth. It seems to be very ill tempered & roars a lot. I've asked my husband not to poke the bear & in exchange, have agreed to keep it on a leash.
Ha! Me, too.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#17 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 04:01 AM

For me, mild nausea...

It's a totally new sensation for me, I didn't have ONE DAY of it with DS, and I know this sounds kind of weird, but I LIKE it!!

It's reassuring to KNOW there's something going on in there. Last time I wouldn't have believed I was actually pregnant if not for the scan up until when I started showing at about 5 months..

That's about it, and maybe a little more tired than usual. No sore boobs, no food aversions, nothing.
#18 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 02:56 PM

When I first tested I was feeling a wee bit nauseated on a daily basis, very tired & kinda spacey, all of which happened for my last pregnancy two years ago (almost to the day!).

After I tested the nausea got worse (feeling like I was actually gonna heave) and the tiredness became exhaustion. I bought myself a pair of Sea Bands for the nausea, listened carefully to what my body was asking for (strangely and wonderfully it is asking for leafy greens, organic meats, squash and fresh berries!) and allowed myself the luxury of sleeping for as long as I needed (no kids yet, obviously!). The one time I was in a big hurry and didn't listen to my body about food I grabbed a slice of pizza (which I normally can't get enough of) and felt nauseated for hours after.

Now I just wear the bands for short periods when the nausea seems to be coming back and they keep it at bay very successfully.

I've also had tender breasts (no tingling, that I can tell) and a <b>wicked, wicked </b> temper in the past few days along with being pretty easy to cry (I cried yesterday when I listened to the Anglican church's apology to Native people in Canada for abuse in residential schools. That's not too unusual - I cried when Harper apologised for the same thing, and I wasn't even pregnant then - but this was only about a five-second clip on the radio, and )

Another thing that I am dealing with is something that I got with my last pregnancy, and that is anxiety! I really hate the feeling and I'm sure it's not good for the bean. I try visualization, meditation, distraction... sometimes it works for a bit, but it always comes back. It feels like tightness in my ribcage. Anyone else experience this?
#19 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 06:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulatron View Post
I've also had tender breasts (no tingling, that I can tell) and a <b>wicked, wicked </b> temper in the past few days along with being pretty easy to cry (I cried yesterday when I listened to the Anglican church's apology to Native people in Canada for abuse in residential schools. That's not too unusual - I cried when Harper apologised for the same thing, and I wasn't even pregnant then - but this was only about a five-second clip on the radio, and )
Oh, man! I TOTALLY went off on my dh last night....twice! I felt like my emotions were veering very much out of control. We never, ever call each other names, or fight dirty, nor do we cuss at each other. But I *think* I invented a new word last night..."jackassery". Whoops.

Anxiety: I would invest in a bottle of Rescue Remedy or two, if you don't already have some. I keep one around the house and one in my purse. There are also some homeopathics that help with anxiety.

And yes, actually, now that you mention it, I have had a few bouts of mild anxiety...Time to get my RR out...

#20 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 06:23 PM

I am 5 weeks pregnant today and so far I am just experiencing some mild nausea but nothing too bad yet. I feel a little more tired than usual but I am sure Christmas time with a 3 year old is a bit of a factor!

With my last pregnancy morning sickness (well really at bedtime) didn’t kick in until I was around 11 weeks. I remember naively reading my books and seeing that morning sickness usually ended around the third month and thinking how lucky I was that I didn’t have far to go.

Ha! Silly me! I ended up vomiting pretty much every day up until a ½ hour before my daughter was born. This time I stocked up on preggie pops as soon as I found out I was pregnant!

Blissfully married to my DH since 2002 ~
Mama to DD J born October 2005 & Expecting DD L August/September 2009!
#21 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 06:28 PM

Quote:
Oh, man! I TOTALLY went off on my dh last night....twice!
Aaah! I am totally guilty of this too. Forgot about it that until you mentioned it but I bet my DH hasn’t!!

Blissfully married to my DH since 2002 ~
Mama to DD J born October 2005 & Expecting DD L August/September 2009!
#22 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 06:58 PM

Well, I know it was not me that totally started a fight last night over where the doctor's office was located.

#23 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 09:29 PM

If I didn't think I was pregnant, I would definitely be in bed with the "flu" right now! I am soooo exhausted, and I even had a 2 hour nap this afternoon. I've been so lucky in that DP is still on holidays, until next week.
Nausea has started, and bothers me most in the middle of the night. I've been mostly just wanting to eat things like rice crispies, or toast. I managed to get down some coleslaw and fried tofu on bread tonight, and it's sitting ok!

Oh and I've been *very* spacey. DP told me I've been a little out of it lately.

I also keep feeling tingling in my lower abdomen. Am I imagining this?? lol!
Tomorrow we will get the call from the doctor's office, but I am 100% sure I am pregnant at this point! woohoo!!!

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#24 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 11:04 PM - Thread Starter

Finally today I got some symptoms! I got queasy twice. And I felt a little crampy, which I've had with both my prior pregnancies. I also peed about every 45 minutes. I'm happy for symptoms today!

#25 of 33 Old 12-30-2008, 11:20 PM

Yay for symptoms, Emily!

#26 of 33 Old 12-31-2008, 12:00 AM

Ever since 10dpo my breasts have been sore and bigger, and I can't keep my eyes open in the afternoons. I like having symptoms too. I'm actually looking forward to the nausea and vomiting. Like trancechylde said, "It's reassuring to KNOW there's something going on in there."

Me (24) DH (26) TTC #1
at 10 weeks 2/09 and again 8/09
#27 of 33 Old 12-31-2008, 12:09 AM

That is where I am, wanting to know!

I thought the bigger breasts and tenderness was from LO's appitite increasing, that is, until AF never showed. And now I am excessivly tired (my first symptom, usually). But I keep thinking that I could be wrong and I may not be pg and then I will have no excuse for all my symptoms. Or that I am making myself have symptoms because I THINK I am pg.

Boy! I wish I could have a solid answer NOW! (I am not patient at all! Can you tell?)

#28 of 33 Old 12-31-2008, 07:32 AM

no symptoms yet, but no BFP yet either. although i did drink pickle juice for the heck of it last night for the 1st time in hmm 10 yrs? my dh was repulsed. lol. :i used to drink it as a kid and teenager. yup by the cupful. this has never been a preggo craving for me, but i hope it is now! how cliche!

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

#29 of 33 Old 12-31-2008, 11:12 PM - Thread Starter

heartburn last night and today! I never get heartburn. YAY!!!!! And fatigue. Sheer fatigue.

#30 of 33 Old 01-01-2009, 01:53 PM

I want symptoms!

Carolyn, married to M, momma to K (09/'09) and C (04/'12).

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page