When will you tell? - Page 2 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#31 of 44 Old 01-05-2009, 10:44 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I'm hoping to wait til around 10 weeks to tell people. I just got the + this morning, and I think I'm about 2 weeks along. I debated even telling DH, he has the biggest mouth ever but he would have figured it out pretty soon anyway. We'll see how long it takes for him to blab
#32 of 44 Old 01-06-2009, 07:21 PM

Well, ended up telling dd this morning- I just couldn't wait for her to know (and we won't see the midwife until March), and she insisted on calling the whole family to tell them! So much for keeping it quiet. However, its kind of nice having her tell them, it cuts back on me having to deal with all of the shock- though she was dissappointed that no one reacted as happily as she thought they should. I let her call one of her friends- who did finally do the "REALLY? THAT's Great!" response.

Laura, Mama to Mya 7/02, Ian 6/07 and Anna 8/09
#33 of 44 Old 01-07-2009, 06:50 PM

I can't wait to tell but dh wants to wait for a little while. We will probably end up telling our older kids within a few weeks because they will guess (as soon as I start getting sick in the morning, wanting to sleep all the time, and bugging others to do the cat litter it's a giveaway lol) I'm hoping to wait until after our first ultrasound to tell work since I have only been back to work a few months after being on bedrest for 4 months then maternity leave for 3 months. I'm afraid they won't be too happy with me although I'm only part time now so it won't be that big of a deal.
#34 of 44 Old 01-08-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beryll View Post
I'm hoping to wait til around 10 weeks to tell people. I just got the + this morning, and I think I'm about 2 weeks along. I debated even telling DH, he has the biggest mouth ever but he would have figured it out pretty soon anyway. We'll see how long it takes for him to blab
FYI, I think you mean 4 weeks along. The first two weeks are a freebie!

Ali - Wife to Steve and mom to Zoe - age 7, and Ezra - 17 months (9/2009)
#35 of 44 Old 01-10-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZoeJane View Post
Try explaining that to a man. Hunny, the first two weeks of pregnancy, I am not pregnant. I don't concieve until the first day of the third week.

Even my DH, who is father of NINE has trouble understanding this!

Any misspellings or grammatical errors in the above statement are intentional;
they are placed there for the amusement of those who like to point them out.
#36 of 44 Old 01-10-2009, 04:30 PM

i told Dh of course first, he was there when i did the test, well, not when i peed but he was home. DH wants to wait to tell people but i want to tell everyone right now! i'll try and hold out for him on most people but i told my BFF, (DH won't know) and i called my mama, (DH won't know about that either) they live far away. i'm sneaky
#37 of 44 Old 01-10-2009, 04:40 PM

I hear you Octobermoon about wanting to tell right away. I told DH first then our DD. I want her to be respectful of my belly since she likes to jump on me sometimes. When I told her she held her hand out near my belly and said "You have a baby in your tummy?" She told her grandpa "I'm going to be a big sister." She also told her grandma and my parents. Now we're starting to tell siblings. I think it's really fun sharing...seeing the joy on people's faces and hearing them yell. When DD told my mom, she paused for a minute, made an excited yell and said "I think I'm going to cry."

I tried to wait to tell people. I made it a day.

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#38 of 44 Old 01-10-2009, 09:26 PM

Hello,

I don't know for sure if I'm pregnant or not. I'm not testing, just observing nature to find out. :-) Anywho, we plan on not telling anyone until 4-5 months along, just to be sure. I've read that most miscarriages occur within the first 12 weeks and I really don't want to go around telling everyone I'm pregnant then 2 weeks later, "Um...not anymore." Hopefully nothing bad will happen but I just want to be safe.

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#39 of 44 Old 01-11-2009, 12:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZoeJane View Post
Makes sense I guess, since it's usually counted by LMP... I was counting by O date, so I never really thought about it.
#40 of 44 Old 01-11-2009, 12:21 AM

Never!

I dont know how Im goin to tell anyone, because i dont know how to answer their next ten questions.

What?!! HOW!!?? I thought u guys werent together? What are you going to do? Are you going to make it work? Are you going to X, Y, Z? Are you crazy?

hmmm..well, I guess I know the answers to SOME of those questions......

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#41 of 44 Old 01-11-2009, 12:38 AM

We've told most of our friends, and I've told my brother. Piper knows. But then again she's known we've been planning this since July (and she's kept the secret). I haven't told my family, other than my brother. They'll find out in a week. My mom is out of town with my grandmother, and so when she's in the air back home I'll call my grandmother and then send my mom an email with what I made to tell her. From there it'll take about three seconds to go through the family network and EVERYONE will know.

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#42 of 44 Old 01-11-2009, 11:21 PM

My birthday is in three weeks. Everyone who calls or shows up to party will hear the good news.

: 10/06 : 10/09
#43 of 44 Old 01-12-2009, 03:12 PM

We haven't told anyone yet!

With it being our first, I feel more comfortable waiting a bit- at least until I go to my first ob appointment. It's getting harder to keep quiet by the day, though.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#44 of 44 Old 01-12-2009, 04:13 PM

I told my mother & my older sister. I had to tell the instructors in the jewelry shop I'm in and though I didn't want to tell anyone else, whenever a women starts wearing a mask all the time in the shop and turns into an obsessive handwasher, most people know what's up. I keep trying to play it off with jokes about "avoiding all the cooties" but I know people are on to me.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page