So Tired - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 06:55 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Well my favorite pregnancy symptom has kicked in sarcastically speaking. I am so exhausted that no matter how much I sleep I am still tired. This part of pregnancy bites...lol. The nausea is starting to get worse too. I will be glad when I get to about 16 weeks and start to feel better.

Mom to Mike, Wyatt, Zach, Sean, Kailey and Liam. My family is complete.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 07:00 PM

OH, man...I am *so* tired. And I have the worst time taking naps. I'm not a type-A, but I just have the worst time using up a chunk of my day sleeping!

I love how I read dumb things like the other day...I read that the increase heartrate/blood volume is what makes you so tired in early pregnancy. Uh, no. This isn't TIRED. It is soooooo sleepy/sluggish. It's totally hormonal, imo.

Well, nothing to do but wait it out.

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#3 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 07:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amyirene74 View Post
Well my favorite pregnancy symptom has kicked in sarcastically speaking. I am so exhausted that no matter how much I sleep I am still tired. This part of pregnancy bites...lol. The nausea is starting to get worse too. I will be glad when I get to about 16 weeks and start to feel better.

I totally feel your pain. I got my first BFP this morning, though I suspected it because I've been so tired and nauseous for the past few days...

Ugh, if this one goes anything like the last... I will be barfing til I'm 16 weeks. :Puke

Ali - Wife to Steve and mom to Zoe - age 7, and Ezra - 17 months (9/2009)
#4 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 08:07 PM

I've been really tired too and the morning sickness is just on the verge of kicking in!

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
#5 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 09:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeys_mom View Post
I've been really tired too and the morning sickness is just on the verge of kicking in!
Oh man, mine has kicked in BIG TIME in the past couple of hours. I could barely make it through prepring dinner. Now that it's in the oven, I feel like I want to leave to escape the smell!

I wonder if it's just psychosomatic? I didn't get sick til I was at least 7 weeks last time. Is it even POSIBBLE to really feel powerful morning sickness at 11 dpo?!

Ali - Wife to Steve and mom to Zoe - age 7, and Ezra - 17 months (9/2009)
#6 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 10:49 PM

I'm exhausted. Like I can barely get off the sofa exhausted.

I know a huge part is my meds being off, but, god, fix that already DOCTOR!

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#7 of 18 Old 01-04-2009, 11:19 PM

Yep, I'm exhausted. I can't believe how tired I am this early! I don't remember feeling like this until much later with DS. Nausea comes in brief periods - today I was out for coffee with my SIL (who does not know yet), and I had to check to see I knew where the bathroom was in case I needed to make a run for it!

I've been napping AND going to bed super early, which is pretty lame. sigh.

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#8 of 18 Old 01-05-2009, 02:12 AM

Yep, exhausted here too! Even with naps and going to bed early. We even successfully nightweaned DD a few days ago, so I'm getting real sleep at night for the first time in years! Still e.x.h.a.u.s.t.e.d.

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
#9 of 18 Old 01-05-2009, 02:31 PM

Me too.

I nap everyday with DS and really, really hope he doesn't give up naps before the pregnancy ends.
#10 of 18 Old 01-06-2009, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyZoeJane View Post
Oh man, mine has kicked in BIG TIME in the past couple of hours. I could barely make it through prepring dinner. Now that it's in the oven, I feel like I want to leave to escape the smell!

I wonder if it's just psychosomatic? I didn't get sick til I was at least 7 weeks last time. Is it even POSIBBLE to really feel powerful morning sickness at 11 dpo?!

In both my pregnancies I knew I was pregnant before I tested because I was feeling so emotional, exhausted and nauseated. This time it started at day ten!
#11 of 18 Old 01-06-2009, 04:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I'm really tired too but I think it has more to do with my toddler NOT SLEEPING at night because he has a stuffy nose.
#12 of 18 Old 01-06-2009, 06:23 PM

i'm have been very tired... exhausted... coupled with the insomnia i've had for over two weeks.. i'm barely functioning! i started taking cal/mag supplements and a homeopathic sleep remedy a few days ago, and finally had almost a full nights sleep last night.
i had my first bout of morning sickness last night just before dinner... the cooking smells were overwhelming... my dp had to finish dinner for me while i lay down to rest...
#13 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doulatron View Post
In both my pregnancies I knew I was pregnant before I tested because I was feeling so emotional, exhausted and nauseated. This time it started at day ten!
This is me this time, too. I'm so thankful I haven't thrown up yet, and hoping it doesn't happen. It's one of my absolute least favorite things to do. With DD, I was only nauseous from weeks 8-10. I don't think I realized how lucky I was.
#14 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 11:10 AM

I have the exact opposite. I'm not exhausted at all. I have so much MORE energy but zero motivation. I feel like I have been drinking too much caffeine!
My sick stomach hasn't set in quite just yet. It is starting though.
With my daughter I felt like a constant hangover for over a month. I don't throw up though.
I have been super moody as well.
#15 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 12:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMx3 View Post
I have the exact opposite. I'm not exhausted at all. I have so much MORE energy but zero motivation. I feel like I have been drinking too much caffeine!
Now, see, I'm the opposite of you! I've been feeling super motivated, but oh-so-tired. Thankfully, I've begun to notice a pattern, that I start really lagging in the afternoon, so I am trying to start tailoring my day around that information. Thank goodness for homeschooling flexibility!!

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
#16 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMx3 View Post
My sick stomach hasn't set in quite just yet. It is starting though.
With my daughter I felt like a constant hangover for over a month. I don't throw up though.
I have been super moody as well.
Ugh, yes! This is exactly how I feel!

crochetsmilie.gif mama to DD 8/06, DS 9/09

Set the gearshift for the high gear of your soul jammin.gif
#17 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 02:26 PM - Thread Starter

I feel so useless these days. I look at all of my dirty dishes sitting on my counter and think..I should do those...and then I go sit on the couch and watch tv. My productivity level is zilch. I am usually a neat freak but not now. Yesterday my lovely dd took a 3 hour nap so I did too. I just can't seem to get enough sleep. Then I was crying this morning because my dd tried to nurse last night and just isn't getting anything. She seems to enjoy dry nursing but its just not the same. I feel like such a failure now. Yes I made it to a year but I just wasn't ready to give it up. At least she still needs to dry nurse to get back to sleep when she wakes up at 3 am.

Mom to Mike, Wyatt, Zach, Sean, Kailey and Liam. My family is complete.
#18 of 18 Old 01-07-2009, 06:51 PM

i'm so totally exhausted, but if i can gloat for just a moment, though i've been nauseous i havent been throing up. i had hyperemesis with both other pregnancies, for the majority of my pregnancies... this is a nice change.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page