How many tests have you used? - Mothering Forums
September 2009 > How many tests have you used?
Pinkbruise's Avatar Pinkbruise 06:36 PM 01-07-2009
I've used 8 over the past 2 days! 6 regular and 2 digital... all BFPs except for 1 of the digitals yesterday was BFN...

I'm headed to the $tree now to get a few more

My last pregnancy ended at week 5 with a miscarriage... so I'm still nervous

I want to see nice dark lines! all the tests so far have been pretty faint, but clearly obvious.

D'sMama's Avatar D'sMama 06:42 PM 01-07-2009
Not in your DDC, but I just had to chime in that over a 5 day period I used around 25 tests! I even peed in a cup so I could do 2 or 3 at a time, since I got different levels of faint with different brands. I didn't stop until I got a positive digital test AND a really dark line! I was totally obsessed and DH thought I was a lunatic (especially when I was dismantling them, photographing the strip and editing the pics in photoshop to make the barely visible lines more obvious! )

: Sticky baby dust to you!
citizenfong's Avatar citizenfong 06:51 PM 01-07-2009
I can see why you are doing lots of tests, looking for some confirmation things will go differently this time. Thankfully, 5 weeks is early, so you should get some peace soon, I hope!

I've taken 2 digitals, about a week and a half apart. Had an u/s Monday and a blood test yesterday. : I stopped at the Dollar Store yesterday, hoping to get a cheap test I could actually keep (hate that the digital tests go blank in 24 hours!). But the one I went to didn't have any. :

That reminds me...I need to call and get my blood test results. Catch this: if the automated system says my patient number when I call, it means I'm pregnant. Have you ever heard of anything more romantic?
Auroara Bobcat's Avatar Auroara Bobcat 07:00 PM 01-07-2009
I have taken four tests and three of them where different brands. All where positive.
joeys_mom's Avatar joeys_mom 08:03 PM 01-07-2009
I took two tests. The first one was very faint so I took one the next morning to confirm a + result.
AfricanQueen99's Avatar AfricanQueen99 08:11 PM 01-07-2009
I took two dollar store tests. Honestly, I only took the second one for my husband.
uncertain's Avatar uncertain 08:32 PM 01-07-2009
In the past week and a half, I have used 16 Answer, and about 10 internet test strips. I've also gone for two betas.
Coming from a place of loss, I will continue my $5 a day habit until there is a h/b on u/s. I'm just so hoping that I make it that far...
aleatha5's Avatar aleatha5 08:38 PM 01-07-2009
I only took two. They were really strong lines...dark and big. I only took the second b/c my BIL (instead of congratulating me) said, "you know those can be wrong." So, I took a second one just for him. He's so weird, really, why would you say that to someone?
AfricanQueen99's Avatar AfricanQueen99 09:23 PM 01-07-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by uncertain View Post
In the past week and a half, I have used 16 Answer, and about 10 internet test strips. I've also gone for two betas.
Coming from a place of loss, I will continue my $5 a day habit until there is a h/b on u/s. I'm just so hoping that I make it that far...
I have a girlfriend that took tests until she had a bump. We're talking 15 weeks worth of tests.
mom2tig99Nroo03's Avatar mom2tig99Nroo03 12:55 AM 01-08-2009
one dollar store test (+), and one at the women;s center(+)

i also took one last month and it was a bfn.
MMx3's Avatar MMx3 08:57 AM 01-08-2009
I took ONE cheapie $ store test, the line was faint but it was there. That's all the confirmation I need, my period is still in hiding!
bitterOsweet's Avatar bitterOsweet 10:48 AM 01-08-2009
i've taken 3 tests... all $store... two at 12dpo... one in the morning and one after lunch... after reading obsessively online about unreliable $store tests i convinced myself that the morning test could be false positive ... the afternoon test was very light, but definitely a pink line... i took another test 17dpo to confirm what i already knew +++ i was also temping and had another temperature rise at 13dpo making my chart triphasic... i would have taken more tests sooner, but hadn't had time to go buy any!
Pinkbruise's Avatar Pinkbruise 10:58 AM 01-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by bitterOsweet View Post
... after reading obsessively online about unreliable $store tests i convinced myself that the morning test could be false positive ...
What/where have you read about $Tree tests?

I just did another $tree test that gave me a VERY faint BFP... all the others were also faint, but today is much more faint.

I hope that doesn't mean anything.....
Pinkbruise's Avatar Pinkbruise 11:24 AM 01-08-2009
I just got a BFN on an Answer test

*sigh*

so confusing.
citizenfong's Avatar citizenfong 12:28 PM 01-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pinkbruise View Post
I just got a BFN on an Answer test

*sigh*

so confusing.
Oh, dear. How frustrating.

Maybe you should take a break on taking tests, and take another in a few days?

I'd throw away the Answer test and keep the $ store test, tbh.

I've not heard that dollar store tests are unreliable. I thought they were pretty good? Go look on poas.com and check it out.
Pinkbruise's Avatar Pinkbruise 12:32 PM 01-08-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenfong View Post
Oh, dear. How frustrating.

Maybe you should take a break on taking tests, and take another in a few days?

I'd throw away the Answer test and keep the $ store test, tbh.

I've not heard that dollar store tests are unreliable. I thought they were pretty good? Go look on poas.com and check it out.
I know I'm just making myself crazy... It doesn't matter what the test says... my body and this baby know what to do.

But I did take another $tree test... that gave me a clear BFP! :
citizenfong's Avatar citizenfong 12:37 PM 01-08-2009
Yay! GOOD! Stop while you're ahead!

When I was pg with my second, I could not get a good positive to save my life. I thought I saw the faintest of faint lines on the first hpt I took as the dye was moving across, but then I couldn't see it again. This was after 3 days of a light period! The only reason I tested was because my temps went to coverline but didn't dip below.

I never got a positive until 11 weeks pg. Meanwhile, while I was still temping, I got to 16 days, then 18 days, like books say, that means you a pg, right? ALMOST always. I found a source that said 21 days above coverline, you are *for sure* pg. On day 21, I woke up, took my temp, and was horrified to find that it had plunged below coverline! Same for day 22!

FINALLY my friends said STOP! Quit temping, quit taking tests! I did. It was actually much easier after that.

He's almost 5, and is just as frustrating and enigmatic as he was at 14 dpo! ROFL
MyZoeJane's Avatar MyZoeJane 01:24 PM 01-08-2009
Don't worry.

I got a VERY faint line on a $ Store test at 11dpo... So I took a digital and got a fast BFP.

Then I took another $store test the next morning and got a BFN. Took another, and there was a line again!

The tests vary. I'm sure you're pg. All it takes is one positive!
ladylove's Avatar ladylove 06:08 PM 01-08-2009
Just one!
winnie's Avatar winnie 09:49 PM 01-08-2009
3 tests at home, one urine test at the doc. The first two were extremely faint, so sent in a urine sample to the doctor's office...came back negative. Two days later, got a clear positive at home!

Erin
bright-midnight's Avatar bright-midnight 10:29 PM 01-08-2009
I've taken 5 since Dec. 24. The first was negative, the others have been positive
Up