panic-y - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 3 Old 01-08-2009, 04:13 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
please dont mind me, I have NOBODY I want to talk to about this in real life, so Im going to ramble here.

Nursing has been SOOOO uncomfortable lately, its like Vinny always wants to nurse, hes never satisfied, and wants to eat solids constantly. Example. He will nurse for 30 min (rather than the typical 15) then eat a WHOLE avocado, act like he wants more, nurse for 30 min again, and still not be satisfied, beg half a bannanna off his sister, scream for more when its gone, and this goes on ALL DAY. So because of all the extra attention my boobs have been getting they have been SOOO sore.

I never get thrush or yeasties of anykind unless A, Ive been on an antibiotic for a LONG time, or B, Im pregnant, and then I will get a cold and as soon as the cold is over I get a yeast infection...and thats pretty far fetched right now, considering X DF and I only messed around ONCE in the last month, and my fertility signs said no, this is not a fertile day....SO the point is, I did nt think it was thrush, I figired we could rule that out.

Then the soreness never went away, and one side got excruciating and cracked, and SO i look in Vinnys mouth and lo and behold I see white patches on his cheeks and inner lower lip. So i treated with gentin violet and was waiting for it to show some improvement.

I keep wondering what caused it. Like I said, Im not a yeastie person, I NEVeR get yeast infections. I figured, hey maybe on new years eve I had ONE beer, maybe i could handle it but the concentration in the milk was too much for vinny to handle. Ok, so Then...

This morning my neighbor calls me and asks me if I have my period yet. We had gotten our periods the same days last month almost and she is freaking out cause she thinks shes late. So i say, no I dont have it, but Im not due for it yet, so neither must you be, so hold on let me count the days. I whip out my calendar and the first day of MY last period was dec 9th. She had gotten hers a few days before me, so I cont to see if maybe shes late. Sure enough, shes about a week late if shes a 28 dayer. I count mine, and HOLY SH******T Im late too! only by 3/4 days and plus, Im nursing, and that could screw up my cycle length, the last period I got was my first REAL one because it was regular, the ones before that were light and spotty because well, because Im still nursing so much, i dont expect to have heavy ones.

So I run to theCVS and get a pregnancy test with 3 sticks I give my nieghbor one and it immediatelly turns positive. Shes shocked and freaking out adn I help her calm down and shes freaking out thinking its a fluke and I figure theres no such thing as a false pos unless youve got ovarian cysts, or are taking hCG or were very recently pregnant so Ill take one and show her its NEG and she will believe her test isnt a fluke, its real.

So I go upstairs to my own apartment and when I have to pee, about an hour later, I take one. it immediatelly turns into 2 blue lines. POS!!!

WTFFF????????????????????????????????

so yeah, Im freaking out. Is this why I got thrush? IS thi why I had a cold last week? omg....this cant be, Im supposed to go back to work in a month, Im starting an apprenticeship with my midwife, WHAAAAAAAATTT???

Help me see the bright side, X DF HAS been really awesome to me, to our kids, and he's showing me hes willing to try, really hard. We've figured out hes not just an emotiuonally insensitive A hole, he probably has aspbergers of someother type of high functioning autism, because EVERYTHING we read about it describes him, and I DO know he loves me and I DO love him, and I DO believe to a certain extent that families are supposed to be together, but WOW.....this was not in my plan for 2009.

Helllllllllllppppppppp...............

Im a broc1.giflovinghippie.giffly-by-nursing2.gifcd.gif  novaxnocirc.gif
#2 of 3 Old 01-08-2009, 04:20 PM

Oh, wow, Sera. That's a lot to handle all at once.

Angela
Chatty Girl - 3/2006, Lovey Boy - 1/2010, Delicious Baby Girl - 1/2012
#3 of 3 Old 01-08-2009, 06:23 PM

Wow, what a story.

I don't have time for a lengthy answer now, but just a few quick things.

1: It will be O.Kay. It will! Okay? Take a deep breath, you have some time to absorb this.

2: Congratulations!!!!

3: Yes, this is probably why the yeast.

4: When I read the phrase "he is not just an emotionally insensitive..." I knew what was coming next. This year we've finally found out that my dh has Asperger's as does my oldest son (my younger and myself are at least borderline!). It makes a BIG difference in how you percieve your partner's behavior and words. I still can't believe how many times we were misunderstanding each other over many, many years. You CAN learn to adjust and live with this. It takes a lot of patience. It is HARD. It is worth it if you love each other.

(((hugs)))

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page