Burst of energy!! - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 6 Old 01-09-2009, 05:04 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi mamas,

Been checking in to see how everyone's feeling on the "How are you feeling?" thread. Just thought I'd report that today I had a crazy burst of energy -- good energy but also somewhat manic, even? Maybe it's because it is beautiful out (in the high 50's, which for winter is quite nice) and I can actually throw my windows open for a bit, but I took a couple of walks, played with my dogs in the backyard, and now have a desire to clean like crazy... I haven't had this much energy since... well, I don't know when.

Maybe it's also that it's vacation -- I'm in education so I get a long break between semesters -- but I am feeling a little stir-crazy here, like I am all amped up with nothing to do.

Although, maybe I'll test out the early pregnancy-orgasm theory a couple of you were tossing around on another thread... LOL. Something to do, I guess.
#2 of 6 Old 01-09-2009, 06:07 PM

i'm jealous. where are you located that it's 50 degrees? i'm in chicago and we're expecting another 4-9 inches of snow, and by tuesday the temperature to crash down to 0. there's no sun today.

plus i found out i'm pregnant yesterday -- already have a 2 year old who wants me to play play play with her all day -- and i have just no energy. i'm supposedly due 9/16 - 9/20 (somewhere in there) -- do you think maybe i'll be getting a burst of crazy energy somewhere in the next week or so?

that would be really nice because my house keeps getting messier. although we were TTC, i was almost looking forward to the burst of energy i get before AF-- that's when i get a bunch of housework done. but alas it was not to be, and now i just feel so so tired.

enjoy your energy and your great weather!

#3 of 6 Old 01-09-2009, 06:14 PM

<--- jealous too.

i'm still exhausted.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#4 of 6 Old 01-10-2009, 12:32 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, did I ever speak too soon.

Exhausted today. Had to crawl back in bed after getting up and snuggle longer with my laptop. I also feel like a cold that I had last week is making a resurgence -- sore, scratchy throat and runny, sneezy nose. Blech!

But DH and I did manage to sneak in a date last night and go out to a movie ("Frost/Nixon" -- kind of awesome).

And I'm in St. Louis, MO -- where it was 61 degrees yesterday and is 19 something today! :
#5 of 6 Old 01-10-2009, 02:19 PM

My energy is fading a little bit. The other morning I had such a hard time getting out of bed, I felt like congealed jello! Lol.
When do you go back to school?

I start back on Monday! First day of my senior year of college!
#6 of 6 Old 01-10-2009, 09:47 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, mama, that's awesome.

I go back on Monday -- and I totally get the "jello" feeling. Just totally useless. I ended up taking a nap this afternoon and laying around after we ran some errands... totally not productive, at all!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page