For Fun: Foods You Regret Eating? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 01-20-2009, 09:39 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Today, I ate four little bags of M&Ms. Four. In a row. And then later I ate two mini Hershey's bars. In a row.

I also took a few bites of my friend's pizza, even though I am a vegan... it was like the cheese was overpowering to me. AND I took a sip of her (caffeinated) Coke, I forgot completely about the caffeine -- and I've been off caffeine for months and months now. And now I have heartburn and my stomach feels G-R-O-S-S... but I can't help it. It's like the foods that are the *worst* for me have been calling my name all day long.

I am tempted to just call it quits for today and then convince DH to order a big cheesy NY style pizza -- a one-day splurge, one-day off the wagon? (And what better day than the inauguration of Obama -- the whole day just feels like a festival or something!)

Anyway, well, that's my confession for today. Anyone else been pigging out uncontrollably -- on bad things?!?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-20-2009, 09:56 PM

last nights dinner consisted of onion dip and potato chips
the packet of onion dip was left over from 4th of july and I
KNEW it was in there...had to have it
paid for it today--headache, itchy skin, not focused
uggh

wife & holistic mama of 1 girl, 1 boy and 1 :
Old 01-20-2009, 10:03 PM

Um, not too bad. I didn't eat well this weekend, but that was before I knew I was pregnant! I didn't eat terribly, just ate out a few meals, and I try to avoid that just because of the calories and $!

Dinner tonight was home-made potato soup (potatoes, chopped onions, cream of mushroom soup, milk, peper...very simple) and it was *SO* yummy! But I'm feeling even more gassy now...might pay for that later! All the dairy, I think.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 01-21-2009, 03:22 PM

In the beginnings of all my pregnancies, I get really strong fast food cravings. I normally don't eat fast food, but for some reason I start craving it bad, and nothing else sounds like I could keep it down.

For a few days all I could eat was Indian, and that was great - I could order it or cook it and it was healthy(ish).

But the fast food.... not so much. Luckily this phase doesn't last too long.

Mom to dd (8), ds (6), and dd (1)

Old 01-21-2009, 04:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post

For a few days all I could eat was Indian, and that was great - I could order it or cook it and it was healthy(ish).

But the fast food.... not so much. Luckily this phase doesn't last too long.
All I wanted for a few days was Indian food!

I splurged on fast food last night. I NEVER eat it!
Old 01-21-2009, 05:19 PM

I've also been craving fast food and junk carbohydrates (strawberry pop-tarts --yum). I wasn't able to eat for like a week, and so now when I crave my strawberry pop tarts, I just eat them. This can't last all pregnancy, right? My appetite will return to normal and I will again like healthy grown up food? I hope. Please? Someone tell me it gets better...

Kristin , married to DH , mama to DS 8/4/09 and EDD 6/24/11
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM

I am terrible. I never regret eating. Life's too short and food's too good. Moderation is key.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 01-21-2009, 07:13 PM

the only thing I can keep down are carbs...and not good ones....white bagels, saltines, rice krispies...you know, anything that is highly refined and has little nutrition! I so look forward to being able to stomach more healthy foods!!!
Old 01-21-2009, 08:18 PM

i had doritos for the first time in 2 years on monday.

and i ate a LOT of them

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 01-21-2009, 09:49 PM

I haven't eaten anything I regret so far, however I'm amazed that everthing you've all posted here sounds SOOO good to me. I could totally have ripple chips and dip and strawberry pop tarts for supper.

Oh man if I had a car I would go get them right now.

back to my veggie soup. blech.

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
Old 01-21-2009, 11:47 PM

I ate very well today...until dinner! Oatmeal after my early morning workout (brown sugar cinnamon mixed with plain), cottage cheese and honey dew melon for lunch, a banana for a snack. Then dinner...ran through Fazoli's drive through, but I did get a chicken pasta veggie bake, so it could have been worse! And right now I'm eating some skittles, but they're my comfort food, they never "count"!

Oh, and I did well with hydrating today...16 ounces plain water during my workout, 32 ounces vitamin water before lunch, two mugs of home-made cappucino (decaf coffee poured over sugar free hot cocoa mix with a bit of dulce de leche creamer added!) plus some more water tonight (but I wasn't counting how much)

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:45 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I bought and ate a bag of Cheetos for the first time in over three years the other day. It was delicious while it lasted (MSG and all) but I had the worst heartburn ever for hours after.

I normally don't eat junk food or fast food, but lately, it's all I want. I'm trying my best to avoid it though.

Angel Wife to Daniel Mama to Astrid (11/06) Leland (9/09)
Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 AM

Gah, I regret eating most of it. It gives me heartburn or makes me feel queasy. Just about everything. The bagel I had today was manna from heaven. It was the best thing I've had in a month. Just a plain cinnamon raisin bagel and some OJ. Otherwise french fries are consistently good. Everything else I regret just about. Either too sweet (can't do sweet now), doesn't taste right, gives me heartburn, doesn't have enough taste, doesn't sit properly, anything.

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
Old 01-23-2009, 05:39 AM

before getting pregnant i lost 17lbs on weight watchers and i plan on sticking to the diet with 300 extra calories or whatever my midwife recommends to help me eat enough, but not too much this pregnancy.

Usually I make dinner based on whatever points i have left for the day and don't think twice about eating it all even if i am full.

So i made total pregnancy food. A cheesless pizza made with spicy chicken, pineapple, olives, red pepper, spinach and sauce with a tortilla as the dough. I had enough points for four. So I ate FOUR high fiber tortillas. Oh my poor tummy is crampy!
Old 01-23-2009, 06:46 AM

i regret whatever i eat the meal before. ill crave something, eat it, then regret eating it, and think it is the most disgusting thing ever, wondering why i ever wanted to eat it. lol my husband is mad i refuse left overs now!

nicole, wife & very blessed mom of 2 fun boys '03 & '05 & sweet girl '10. 2ndtri.gifDue 1-6-13 hbac.gifwaterbirth.jpg

Old 01-23-2009, 01:49 PM

i was wondering if we crave junk food while pregnant more out of stress/comfort than the actual substance of the food. anybody else wonder about this?
Old 01-23-2009, 04:01 PM - Thread Starter

Wow, great responses, mamas! Good to know I'm not the only one...

That's an interesting question. I definitely have felt much more stressed out this week. I have a deadline looming that I haven't been able to work towards because I've been sooooo tired and sick and just... unfocused... and DH has been out of the house a lot this week so I've been kinda mopey. And then feeling bad because I really wanted to be energetic, happy, healthy with this pregnancy -- especially if it was going well!! So, this mild depression combined with stress *definitely* could be contributing to me eating M&Ms and croissants like they are going out of style.

But, I have managed to keep the junk food craving to one meal a day. Last night I ate homemade mashed potatoes and spinach tossed with garlic, even though it made me feel super-sick. As for my lunch, though.... : :
Old 01-23-2009, 07:04 PM

I have a different kind of regret... I keep having ham, egg, and cheese sandwiches for breakfast. They sound sooo good, then I get about 3/4 of the way through, and I know if I take another bite, I'll puke. Last time I was pregnant, I had MAJOR egg aversions. It seems I do this time, but then I'm craving them at the same time...

Like everyone else, I've been craving carbs and "comfort foods" big time. It seems like all I want to eat is creamy soups, pizza, fast food, and chicken pot pie. I guess I'm not the only one, though!

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Old 01-23-2009, 07:37 PM

Can I pre-regret foods I know I'm going to eat??

I am hosting a social event tonight, and I will be eating Buffalo Chicken Dip and baked brie. I know the brie isn't really a danger, but sometimes, afterward, I do think "What if 'they" are right and I shouldn't eat ANY soft cheese, regardless of the fact that it's pasteurized and properly stored??"

As for the dip: how much heartburn am I asking for??

Well, surely the homemade carrot cake makes up for all the other choices. Right?

Tracy, doula and Army wife and homeschooling mama to A and E
Old 01-23-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by citizenfong View Post
Can I pre-regret foods I know I'm going to eat?? ?

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
Old 01-26-2009, 08:05 PM

LOL!!! I'm glad I'm not the only one wrecking my diet I've wanted the worst Fast Foods that I never eat - Taco Bell and McDs mainly! Bring on the cheeseburgers (even though all other meat grosses me out, but is McD meat really "meat?!"). And I down it with a big box of fries and soda, which I NEVER drink except on occasion. Then the soda gives me heartburn and I think about how nasty I feel, how nasty the thought of that meal was, and how much weight I'm going to put on this pregnancy! Let's just hope this ends soon! I can't afford to eat out every meal!
Old 01-26-2009, 11:52 PM

My regret today is the spicy CA roll I had at lunch. It went down really nicely... but now heart burn is kicking my butt.

Cristeen ~ Always remembering our stillheart.gif  warrior ~ Our rainbow1284.gif  is 3, how'd that happen?!?! 

We welcomed another rainbow1284.gifstillheart.gif  warrior in May 2012!! 

2012 Decluttering challenge - 575/2012

Old 01-27-2009, 03:32 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2tig99Nroo03 View Post
i had doritos for the first time in 2 years on monday.

and i ate a LOT of them
I just came to post that I had a bag of dorito's yesterday. It was the first junk that I've had all pregnancy (I'm trying really, really, hard to be good).

It tasted sooooo good, that I nearly wet my pants. *sigh*

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

Old 01-30-2009, 07:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
i was wondering if we crave junk food while pregnant more out of stress/comfort than the actual substance of the food. anybody else wonder about this?
Yes I was JUST thinking about this, I agree that it is part of it for those of us who eat when stressed. So I just made an oat milk, berry, banana smoothie.

Mama to DS 4.22.07 (ana to peanuts) and DD 10.7.09
Old 01-30-2009, 10:00 PM

OK. i kind of regret eating today a bunch of nachos piled high with cheese, refried beans, onions, salsa, sour cream, guac...etc....you get the pic. it just isn't sitting very well for some reason.
Old 01-31-2009, 09:11 PM

:

I eat toast with nutella and rice cakes and crave Mexican food, french fries and all the others unhealthy stuff...but then also fresh apples and tangerines and such...oh well...glad I am not alone....fell bad for my toddler who lives on noodles with ketchup at the moment cause cooking doesn't sound good at all
Old 02-25-2009, 05:16 PM

alright i have one at last......i broke down and just had burger king for lunch. i drove by it once and it smelled so good and then i drove by it on the way back and said to myself no, no i shouldn't.... and then i turned and i did. it tasted good too. a whopper jr and small fries. : i haven't had one of those in at least a year, maybe more. i'm not even going to think about it!
Old 02-25-2009, 05:28 PM

I wonder if its psychological--now I'm supposed to eat really healthy so those bad foods look so good. . .?

I had a croissant and a decaf coffee for breakfast. That felt so sinful! But I needed a perk-me-up and wasn't feeling too queasy for once (although now the queasiness is setting in as I get closer to lunch).

I've been trying to eat protein at breakfast and I haven't had any coffee, even decaf, in at least 12 weeks and probably longer (I was trying to go off coffee while TTC and managed it *most* of the time). So I am regretting the bad food choice, but only a little. . .I'll try to eat healthy the rest of the day.

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 02-25-2009, 05:39 PM

I started reading this as I sat here eating - you won't believe it - Kraft mac n cheese in the little blue box! How gross is that?

At least it's organic (or at least more organic than the non organic stuff - I'm not sure I buy the big name 'organic' listed stuff ) AND I don't know how you can make a cheese POWDER organic? REALLY?

But I ate almost the whole box I often wonder how much of it is comfort and how much is just the refinement or whatever....

I just don't even fight it anymore - it was the only thing in the house that looked semi-appetizing...and I already turned the stove off twice while making it Everything is just so GROSS right now! (I haven't been able to eat pizza since I got pregnant!)

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

Old 02-25-2009, 05:41 PM

Mmmm... this thread is making me hungry :

I *kinda* regret the vanilla ice cream I had today... and the dollop of maple syrup I squeezed on top

My biggest craving has been for something I haven't eaten in about three years - it's called Poutine. I was begging hubby to go buy me one at 9:30 last night, and now that I'm thinking about it now I' practically drooling! It's a Canadian dish, hailing from the Montreal area, and it's sooo insanely bad for you. French fries, topped with chunks of mozzarella, slathered in hot beef gravy... I think I was 19 when I had one last, because they're sooo good but sooooo bad and usually I can fight it! Actually, I'm craving it with saurkraut for some reason... I think I must be having another boy, and he's got his dad's taste for junk food

Me + him = DS 01/08 & DD 09/09 X2

User Tag List