Weekly Chat - 1/26-2/1 - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 03:32 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi Everyone and Happy Monday! I was in another DDC that had weekly chat threads and thought maybe we would like to do it here. So how is everyone doing this week?

I'm 5 weeks, 2 days today and still not having too many symptoms - mostly just tired and headachy - and hungry! I've got some deadlines at work this week and I feel like I'm already having to fight the muddled, scattered pregnancy brain to get stuff done. I have an appointment on Thursday to see one of the nurses at the midwife practice I go to and have the pregnancy confirmed. This coming weekend we're going to Florida to visit DH's grandfather for a week. His health is declining and we really need to see him soon. He'll be 89 on Feb 15 - I need to print and frame some photos of DS to bring as a b-day present.

So...what's on your mind this week?

Erika, mama to Austin (9/14/06), (4/08, 13 weeks gestation), and Sierra (7/3/09, 27 weeks gestation)
#2 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 03:50 PM

I have an ultrasound today to find out how far along I am. I am really excited to find that but am not looking forward to the actual ultrasound. I have to drive myself there and take ds along. I am worried to drive with such a full bladder! lol! When I had my ultrasound with ds, dh drove me and I remember how hard it was to sit in a vehicle with such a full bladder. Every bump in the road hurt. And the worst part was that when I got there, they told me my bladder was too full and that I needed to empty ALL of it, so I went through all that discomfort for nothing! Hopefully it won't be as bad as I think it will be...

What's on my mind this week? This week, I am trying to cut out gluten from my diet as I think I might be intolerant to it. I've suspected for a long time that I might be but too scared to try to cut it out and the symptoms I had were not that bad or constant. But I was in near constant pain all weekend long, so I am finally willing to try it out. I had no gluten yesterday or today so far and I feel great! So if it is gluten I will be so happy to have found the cause of my pain, but also really sad that I have to cut out so much great food.
#3 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 04:05 PM

I'm 5w2d today, as far as I know (my December cycle was late, but I'm going off my December cycle date as LMP anyway until my ultrasound). Still no huge symptoms, lots of peeing (but I've been drinking lots, too), I had some serious insomnia Saturday night (that SUCKED!), and a bit of queasiness Friday morning and overnight Sunday night. But really I can explain away everything, and am still not entirely convinced I'm actually pregnant! I better be, though, I already told the world!

On tab for this week...my youngest son, who is special needs with a complicated chromosomal syndrome, has several appts.

--Tuesday morning he sees his pulmonologist (good timing, because he had RSV and a nasty double ear infection last week, so this can be a check up of those issues at the same time!)

--Tuesday during his physical therapy session all of his therapists (PT, OT, ST, and his ASL instructor) are gathering to update his developmental assessment

--Tuesday night I have a LLL leader applicant meeting

--Wednesday morning he has an appt with his geneticist (although I'm considering "firing" this geneticist so this appt will be his 6 month review plus me covertly deciding whether to keep the dr or not)

--And *something* is going on Thursday, but darn if I can't remember!! Oh, and I forgot that tonight my older son has soccer practice. Dang it, what's happening Thursday night? Oh well, when I get home (I'm at work right now, shh, don't tell anyone!) I'll check my calendar

Work is slow today, but might be picking up soon. I'm enjoying the slowness.

I did a good workout at the gym this morning...I go most mornings a week at 6:30am with a group of coworkers. After our 30 minutes of group work (lots of pushups, abs, some weights) I did 30 minutes of running and surprised myself when I did nearly 4 miles in 30 minutes! I guess I had good music on my Ipod I was just running, not going for any specific distance. Felt good, though. But as soon as I was done, in the locker room I suddenly got INTENSELY hungry, like my stomach was digesting itself!!! I literally ran from the gym to my car where I had half a banana that I had eaten on my way to the gym and I scarfed it down

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#4 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 04:08 PM

Great idea Erika!

The biggie for me this week is my U/S tomorrow. We haven't told anyone IRL that we are pregnant yet. Tomorrow will confirm that everything is okay and then I can scream it from the rooftops!

After the U/S I have my first appointment with my midwife. I can't wait!

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#5 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 04:37 PM
gun

Great idea!!!

7w2d -
I have my first Dr appt this week. Feeling great today! I upped my B vit yesterday and I really think it helped. DH is taking every opportunity to feed me, he is so sweet. But at this rate I wil be huge when I deliver!

Peace- Heather
#6 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 04:58 PM

I'm 7w5d and tomorrow my ds turns 3! My Mom is in town to celebrate and my mil and sil arrive today. It will be a very full house but fun. I just wish that I was feeling a bit better. It has been nice to have my Mom here so that I can lie down when I feel the m/s hit (like I am starting to feel right now!).

I just told everyone a few days ago so I think they are in shock still (happy shock). I also know that they are all worried b/c of my m/c a few months ago.

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
#7 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 05:07 PM

I'm 8w, 3d (or something like that), and the nausea! Oh, the nausea! It is unrelenting. It wasn't this bad with my other two. No barfing, but I can barely eat anything. (The good news is I won't be gaining weight any time soon.)

I keep reading that I should try ginger. Ha! Ginger makes me barf when I'm not pregnant!

And so tired. My poor kids have been doing a lot of snacking instead of real meals for the past week. And watching more tv than they should.

Mom to dd (8), ds (6), and dd (1)

#8 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 05:20 PM

Hi all,

This week I have nothing really planned and right now I am really likeing that. I sleep in until about 10am every morning sometime later, I have been really tired. I do have some really REALLy exciting news though, the other night I was laying in bed and I was able to feel my uterus right above my pubic bone, I don't have to try hard at all to touch it because it is like right there. I am 7 wks 4 days, is it kinda early to be able to palpate my uterus effortlessly?
Well thats all for me.

Vanessa, human of many awesome and not so awesome qualities. ; married to my Scorpio
mama to Ayden 6 years and Gena born 9/16/09
#9 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 05:26 PM

Hello ladies! It seems like everyone is battling with a bit of MS! (blech!)

Nicole- do you have any fun plans for the party?

gun- I'm one of those rare advocates that ONLY truly has an appetite when pregnant. So I eat! (Probably how I gained 70 pounds with dd!)

I'm just eating some tater tots for lunch. DD just fell asleep in the middle of eating her snack so now I finally have some ME time! (Woohoo!) I've had really bad sinus issues and I'm finally feeling better today!

(Um....Have to look up how many weeks I am....almost 9 weeks or so)
and I have been feeling very blue and very emotional.
#10 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 05:47 PM

hello there,
Morning sickness kicked in for me last week. I find I feel better if I just keep eating. If I go too long without food then I don't want to eat anything. I haven't gotton sick. Just feel like I'm going to.
It helps to be with people to get my mind off of it.
Some days I'm super tired and just want to sleep. It's starting to feel more real. I'll be 7 weeks tomorrow.
With DD the nausea lasted until almost 20 weeks. I'm hoping it's less this time.

The rest of the week I'm working, taking care of my nephew and spending time with friends. It should be a pretty nice week.
Thanks for starting this thread Erika!

Married Mama to two girls, A (4/06) and I (9/09).

#11 of 30 Old 01-26-2009, 11:58 PM

Hi! Neat thread, I love talking about myself.

For the last day and a half, my thoughts have been pretty well consumed by this sudden lactation and the fact my 4.5yos have started nursing for the first time in their lives. I feel like it's a second-chance miracle from God. I was looking forward to telling my friends, until I read on MDC how most people have negative reactions to breastfeeding a child this old. It made me so mad that I slammed my computer shut and had to keep myself from throwing it across the room (hormones anyone? ). Why does society always try to say the most beautiful things in life are sick and wrong? Ugh! Stupid people! Sometimes I want to go start my own country.

I went swimming in the rec pool while Trent had his lessons today, and swimming felt sooooo nice. I think I'm going to do that more often. I need a swim cap I can actually fit my hair under, though. Going outside after was :

Driving into the city today made me really nervous. I was so afraid I would have an accident with my three precious boys and unborn baby in the car. It doesn't usually bother me--must be the pregnancy. I need to find a way to get over that one.

My life partners also went back to work today, after nearly 2 months off. Cody was worried about leaving me alone pregnant. It was sweet, but quite unnecessary.

Tanya ~~ mother to: Beth, 12 -- Cali & Trent, 9 -- Melanie, 8 -- Jesse & Davin, 5 -- Baby Shae 9/1/2009
#12 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 12:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post
I'm 8w, 3d (or something like that), and the nausea! Oh, the nausea! It is unrelenting. It wasn't this bad with my other two. No barfing, but I can barely eat anything. (The good news is I won't be gaining weight any time soon.)

I keep reading that I should try ginger. Ha! Ginger makes me barf when I'm not pregnant!

And so tired. My poor kids have been doing a lot of snacking instead of real meals for the past week. And watching more tv than they should.
Other than being 6w3d instead of 8w3d I could have written your post! Including the ginger. I thought I was the only one. LOL And I am barfing, or at least trying to. It's mostly in the morning so there's little to come up. If I could live on sprite and my prenatal I would. That way I don't need to worry about hurting myself if the wrong food or rough foods come back up.

We're moving, so my house is being taken over by painters with smelly stuff and floor waxers with smelly stuff, and all I want to do is nap all day. I'm doing a carseat presentation tomorrow morning for a LLL group and I want to cry and not do it. I feel so bad. Luckily, being LLL, they're all moms, mostly with new kids, so if I have to dash out a couple of times they'll all be understanding.

Wendy

Wendy, certified child passenger safety technician
Mommy to Piper Mayhew (7/26/02) and my unassisted homebirth Laine Anjou (9/16/09)
#13 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 12:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by greeny View Post

Yes, me too! In the last 4 weeks, my youngest went from never watching tv to watching about an hour a day. My oldest, well, let's just say I've stopped counting for my own peace of mind...
#14 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 12:44 PM

I"m 6w today. We have our first US tomorrow, I'm super excited! We haven't really told anyone yet...just my sister, because I had to tell SOMEONE! Trying to figure out when to break the news. I want to tell everyone, but we had a MC at 5 weeks last year and had already told the world. It sucked to have to un-tell, you know?

Well, I'm off to work...keep your fingers crossed that I don't barf at my desk...MS has set in. bleh.

So this is bliss! Proud mama to Katie, born gently at home 10/4/09, wife to my nursing student hubby (LPN down, RN here we come!), and coming in September....Katie's little brother!
#15 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwinsTwicePlusTwo View Post
Hi! Neat thread, I love talking about myself.

For the last day and a half, my thoughts have been pretty well consumed by this sudden lactation and the fact my 4.5yos have started nursing for the first time in their lives. I feel like it's a second-chance miracle from God.
I think that is really, really cool! How often do they nurse? Do they ask on their own now or do you just offer?

I replied in the "how are you feeling" thread, but it's a better idea to have a weekly chat thread!

I'm still having trouble actually believing that we're having a baby. Not sure why. In one way, I'm excited, but in another way I keep thinking the worst and telling myself not to get too excited. It's so weird - I never worried for a second while pregnant with DS, but maybe now I just know so much more about pregnancy?? I wish my first appt was sooner, but I still have 2 weeks to wait. (so I'll be about 10 wks then) It will be so nice to have some reassurance that there is in fact a baby in there, and I think at that point I'll be able to be truly excited!

This week I'll just be doing my usual childcare - have my 3yo DS, plus an 18mo old girl each day, and a 2yo boy on Fridays. Fridays are very busy and last week I found it a bit much, with my fatigue and 3 kids under 3! I think I changed 8 poopy diapers that day. I'm not sure if I'll be able to keep it all up right through pregnancy. Only one of the moms knows that I'm pregnant so far, and she is very willing to work with me as far as going to appts etc.

This Friday my partner has organized a huge Buddy Holly tribute show (50 years since his last show), and I plan on going. Does anyone know if being at a very loud rockabilly show is going to be harmful at this point?? I mostly steered clear of his band's shows with last pregnancy, but I *really* want to be at this. I'm hoping I will be able to stay awake until midnight, lol!

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#16 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 03:59 PM - Thread Starter

I'm glad everyone is enjoying this thread. I started it partly to help keep the "how are you feeling" and "introductions" threads from getting too long.

I'm sorry for everyone struggling with nausea - it's so icky. I hope you can find some relief.

I hope everyone's appointments this week go well and those with ultrasounds see that beautiful heartbeat.

2boyzmama - It sounds like you have a very full week. I hope Connor's medical appointments go well and that he is feeling better after the RSV and ear infection.

Twinstwiceplustwo - I also think it is amazing and wonderful that you are nursing your 4 year old twins. If you start your own country, may I come live there? My DS is 28 months and some people in my family are pushing me to wean him, especially now that I'm pregnant and will have a new baby to breastfeed. I'm not sure if I want to tandem, but I haven't completely ruled it out and I'm not ready to wean him just yet. (More importantly, he isn't ready - he's still quite attached to his "na-na.")

Erin - I went to one pretty loud concert when I was pregnant with DS, around 14 weeks or so, and I'm planning to go to one about the same time in this pregnancy. (And DS's hearing is fine, btw.) I worry about it a bit too, but I think it's more important to be careful later in pregnancy when the baby's ears are more developed and everything is stretched out so there is less mama tissue between baby and the world. I think also, as with everything else, moderation is key. If it's just one loud show, I think it's probably okay. I'm interested to see what others think, though.

Erika, mama to Austin (9/14/06), (4/08, 13 weeks gestation), and Sierra (7/3/09, 27 weeks gestation)
#17 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 05:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
What a great idea for a thread! I'm hoping I can keep up.

I think that I'm having nausea that is unrelated to anxiety. It's different than what I expected-- you know, the violent vomiting that they show on TV. I just had a lemon and feel super much better-- I don't know if ya'll who have had the ginger fail for them have tried lemon.

I"m traveling right now on a business trip. My last one (hopefully)! I'm counting the days down until I get home! 3 more days!

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#18 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 06:01 PM

I'm going to join in the chat because I got to go to my dd's prenatal class with her:..it's designed for younger parents and t here were other teen moms there too. Her boyfriend was in an accident over the weekend and wasn't able to go. So I took her. It was ok and I think it's really good that she has the support. The facilitator was very boring. But the kids came around after a while and the discussion parts were really helpful especially the stress management stuff and I started a discussion about how young mothers are treated and the facilitators and the members were very interested in talking about that.

I went to all sorts of loud musical events during all 4 of my pregnancies. It's pretty muffled in there. I'd say as long as you are not directly in front o fa speaker go for it
#19 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 06:44 PM

yes great idea for a thread! :

green_sturgeon
for someone with "not too many symptoms" you sure are having a lot of symptoms!

greeny do you think the fatigue and nausea have worsened with the weeks?

RavenStar we are so close i am going to be 7 weeks tomorrow!

i have a homebirth midwife appointment monday. i am worried i'll jinx things going so early. i know it is a silly irrational thought. i am wondering if my DH wants to go or not? he is really afraid of my labor and delivery.....do you think it would help for him to go and talk about things? maybe he'd have a better idea of what to expect? i want him to be a part of things but i don't want to have to support him...i need his support ya know? especially on labor day. :
#20 of 30 Old 01-27-2009, 08:30 PM

I'm 8w4d today, and still tired and nauseous. I've been feeling every morning for my uterus, and I could feel it this morning. Wow, makes it real.

Have my first midwife appointment on Thursday and we'll try to hear the heartbeat then. Fun!
#21 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 12:59 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
I think that is really, really cool! How often do they nurse? Do they ask on their own now or do you just offer?
They nursed 4 times yesterday, and Davin asked once. He didn't know what to call it, so he said 'May I please' and used a hand-signal miming lifting up my shirt. I made it clear that that will be the accepted 'signal'--this way if they decide to ask in public everyone in hearing range won't know what they mean. I'm not going to let them do it more than 4x a day, though. That's enough touching for me.
Quote:
This Friday my partner has organized a huge Buddy Holly tribute show (50 years since his last show), and I plan on going. Does anyone know if being at a very loud rockabilly show is going to be harmful at this point?? I mostly steered clear of his band's shows with last pregnancy, but I *really* want to be at this. I'm hoping I will be able to stay awake until midnight, lol!
I wouldn't worry. I've gone to concerts (hard rock) and lots of clubs with super loud music while pregnant. All my kids hear fine (as much as they sometimes like to pretend they're deaf ). I've gone clubbing well into my 3rd trimester. My friends think pregnant women make great designated drivers.

green_sturgeon
, if I start my own country, you're definitely invited. I've actually thrown around the idea of starting a modern-day commune with some of my friends. There's lots of land here in the midwest, but really we're not willing to give up our 'real lives'. Ultimately, I think we'll all have to settle for enlightening this country.

Tanya ~~ mother to: Beth, 12 -- Cali & Trent, 9 -- Melanie, 8 -- Jesse & Davin, 5 -- Baby Shae 9/1/2009
#22 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 01:16 AM

Quote:

I wouldn't worry. I've gone to concerts (hard rock) and lots of clubs with super loud music while pregnant. All my kids hear fine (as much as they sometimes like to pretend they're deaf ). I've gone clubbing well into my 3rd trimester. My friends think pregnant women make great designated drivers.
Yep, I've done a lot of that! Sadly, I realized my friends and I were not the super-cool rock stars we thought we were... it was a real eye-opener to be the dd for nine months!

I don't avoid music, I would have never even thought to worry about it! But going low key is my pregnancy and parenting standard MO. It's the only way I can do this gig and keep my sanity.

So, I have never been sick with pregnancy before. YUCK! I just spend a lot of time sitting down reading stories or lying on the floor with the kids. Then as soon as I feel decent and can get some food down, I go for it.

I had a burst of energy Monday and got a cord of wood split and stacked, then took a bunch of tires in to be recycled. I love being outside, I always feel better. I had an afternoon meeting and then swam at the Y while dd had her swimming lesson. It was a great day but I went to bed at 8:30 with the kids!

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.
#23 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 01:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by midwestmeg View Post
Yep, I've done a lot of that! Sadly, I realized my friends and I were not the super-cool rock stars we thought we were... it was a real eye-opener to be the dd for nine months!
Eh, I already knew we were all a bunch of weird hippies, who are getting way too old for the club scene. Being the dd just pointed out that none of us can dance either.

Something I just thought of--I'm going to be heavily pregnant in summer again. Last time was with my older twins. Instead of buying maternity shirts to cover me, I walked around that summer in little tank tops with my belly showing and had my partners paint things on my baby bulge. Things like 'love child', 'free love', and 'proud teenage mama'. Got the idea from a much older friend who said women in the '60s used to do it. It'll be fun to do that again, and now I have older children to mortify!

#24 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 AM

I have been feeling some light nausea in the evenings, but nothing like later on in my last pregnancy. I'm afraid!! :

Also, the round ligament pain I had been feeling last week has almost entirely subsided. Instead of being relieved, I am irrationally worried. Typical.

we met with our midwife last night and I asked her my 3 pages of questions. heeee. She called me back today and I told her that we had decided on using her . yay! happy happy. I'm really excited about having a homebirth, but we haven't really told that many people about it yet. Just known-supporters .

In other news, my 21 month old has taken to kissing my belly and saying "I lub you baby." Oh, my heart.
#25 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 03:30 AM

Tomorrow I will be 7 weeks along and I already want September to hurry the heck up! I'm sleepy ALL THE TIME (I got 10 hours of sleep last night, hardly did anything all day, took a 3 hour nap and was still sleepy!), nauseus or slightly crampy most of the day, if I'm a little hungry and don't eat RIGHT AWAY I get sweaty and more nauseus.

My boobs feel huge and bruised (they are neither...just VERY tender!).

I have to pee like crazy (I've always had bladder issues because of a small bladder, but this is just ridiculous. I hate to see what I'm like at 8 months!). If I'm standing still for a long time (like at the counter making dinner or something--walking's fine) I get a back ache.

I usually eat pretty darn healthy food (lots of fresh & organic fruit & veggies, whole-grains, good fats & oils, dry beans, I add flax seeds to almost everything, vegetarian-fed omega-3 eggs, cheese and lean meats in moderation, etc.) but lately all I want is cheese, guacamole, chocolate, salt, and ice cream. Of course I make myself eat the healthy stuff first but nothing tastes good or sounds good. So even if I'm eating brown rice with brocolli & carrots, all I can think is, "I can't wait till I'm finished eating this so I can have some chocolate!" (or french fries, or Kraft mac & cheese) Bleh! Hurry, September!

7 weeks and I've already gone crazy! Err, crazier than I already was, anyway...

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#26 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 12:35 PM

Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the loud show! I won't worry. I just hope I don't feel ill while I'm there - it's supposed to sell out and will likely be packed, hot and stuffy. At least there are seats!

[QUOTE=JessicaRenee;13081640] So even if I'm eating brown rice with brocolli & carrots, all I can think is, "I can't wait till I'm finished eating this so I can have some chocolate!" (or french fries, or Kraft mac & cheese) Bleh! Hurry, September!
QUOTE]

Oooh I can so relate to this. We are vegetarian, and normally eat very healthy. Lately I've been eating rice krispies, mac n' cheese, ice cream, chocolate, etc. I've had a lot of trouble getting veggies in, they just turn my stomach. Eek. At least last night I had a big "Po'Boy" sandwich, with coleslaw, pickle, and tofu on it. YUM.

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#27 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 01:35 PM

anyone fighting the urge to buy baby things? i don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up too much kwim? is this silly? someone did a pole around here once and asked when people start buying stuff. i don't think it was till way later along like maybe six months or something. can't remember the exact month but it seemed a long time to wait to me.

BTW, all this talk about food is making me hungry and i literally just finished an egg sandwich.
#28 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 04:33 PM

I haven't bought any baby stuff yet, but I did arrange with a friend to get my infant carseat back that I let her have last year!

With my first pregnancy, I went out and bought one boy and one girl outfit almost right away. Whenever I was feeling crappy, I would look at the outfits and it helped me remember why I was feeling crappy.

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#29 of 30 Old 01-28-2009, 05:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
anyone fighting the urge to buy baby things?
Yes, there is a cute little boutique next to my MW's office and I so wanted to buy something! But I am trying to wait...

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#30 of 30 Old 01-29-2009, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Eh, I already knew we were all a bunch of weird hippies, who are getting way too old for the club scene. Being the dd just pointed out that none of us can dance either.
Hahaha- isn't that the truth?!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliaaaah View Post
She called me back today and I told her that we had decided on using her . yay! happy happy. I'm really excited about having a homebirth, but we haven't really told that many people about it yet. Just known-supporters .
Congrats! We will need to decide if we want a home birth this time (I do- and we are getting a new tub that I already call 'the birth tub!!) or go to the small hospital with a midwife and lovely birthing suites. That's where the other kids were born, but homebirth is cheaper.

Quote:
Originally Posted by winnie View Post
Thanks to everyone for your thoughts on the loud show! I won't worry. I just hope I don't feel ill while I'm there - it's supposed to sell out and will likely be packed, hot and stuffy. At least there are seats!

Erin
Have fun!!! I never thought about the stuffy, hot part. It will probably be okay though, I have noticed that if I'm looking forward to something or really want to do it, my morning sickness magically subsides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octobermoon View Post
anyone fighting the urge to buy baby things? i don't want to jinx it or get my hopes up too much kwim? is this silly?
I didn't even look at baby stuff in the childrens boutique today... I didn't even think about it! But I don't really do stuff for the baby until he/she is moving inside of me and birth is obviously in my future. I didn't do ANYTHING for my first... my gf did it all. I didn't want to jinx it.

Megan~ mama to Cecilia (9/1/04) Carl (11/19/06) Vivian (9/10/09) & spring 2011 baby.

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page