Intro: hopefully welcoming baby #6 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 8 Old 01-30-2009, 10:03 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Hi there, everyone,

I've held back on posting b/c this is my first pg following a loss back in September, and this has made me very nervous: I really didn't want to join you all, only to immediately have to say goodbye again. However, since I had an u/s today which showed (for now, anyway) a happy, sweet baby in there , I felt safe enough to pipe up and say hello.

I'm 37, a SAHM (when I'm home, which doesn't seem to be often, lol), and live in New Mexico. This will be beloved baby #6 (and last) for us. As you can see from my sig, they are all relatively close together; it's chaos sometimes, but happy chaos; I wouldn't have it any other way!

I homeschool my oldest 3 half-time, and am generally a fairly crunchy mom -- exbfing, cosleeping, CDing, yada yada . However, I've had a number of previous pg complications, so when it comes to pg/birth, I try to walk that fine line between needed medical intervention for safety and health and being as hands-off as possible otherwise. My last baby, Sophie, was a planned homebirth (it was to be my first, I was so excited!) which turned into an emergency c-section (also my first, in point of fact.) So I'm very tentatively planning for a HBAC, but only time will tell if it is possible.

B/c of my previous loss, I've basically been monitoring our current bean since well before conception, lol. I've had multiple betas drawn and the first four showed the #s not doubling. On top of that, I've had horrible back pain and several episodes of brown spotting. So needless to say, I wasn't very optimistic about this baby's chances. I had my 1st OB appt. on Wed. of this week. The day before, I had one last set of betas drawn to see what was going on. I fully expected him to give me bad news when I walked into his office.

Instead, he told me that my levels had well more than doubled from the last draw! I was in shock. But what about the pain? The spotting? Since I've also been having a lot of kidney pain (I have kidney stones, how fun, right? ), he felt most of the pain was due to that. The spotting? Possibly caused by the progesterone suppositories I'm taking this time around.

So today I had an u/s. By my calculations, I'm around 5w3d.

The amazing, wonderful, fantastic news: I saw a beautiful little hb!!!! I didn't even know that was possible this early on. I have a video of it on CD and will upload it somewhere and link you to it if I can figure out how. It's so amazing how such a tiny little blob can have a hb. Wow! Baby measured 5w5d, but the sac measured smaller for dates. Is that common?

The less amazing, scary, and has me freaked out news: They also saw a large bleed (subchorionic hematoma). I don't know exactly how large it was, just that it was labeled "large." Apparently THAT explains the 3 episodes of brown spotting I've had.

So not knowing much about them, I'm doing some reading up and sigh... Dr. Google is not reassuring me much. And now I'm cramping quite a bit, possibly from the transvag? And I know cramping isn't good, b/c I know the bleed can irritate the uterus and can cause you to cramp and then ultimately m/c. Ugh. Back to drinking my Threatened M/C Brew, methinks.

Other good news: next u/s is scheduled for next Friday, to see what's up with the baby and the bleed. Please cross fingers for me that the baby gets bigger and the bleed gets smaller!

Looking forward to getting to know you all better!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 of 8 Old 01-30-2009, 10:20 PM

Welcome!

Formerly known as "JessicaRenee".  hang.gif  Single mama to Jude (Sept '09)!  biggrinbounce.gif

#3 of 8 Old 01-30-2009, 10:33 PM

Congratulations & welcome! I just wanted to say that there are lots of us who've been experiencing the cramping the first few weeks, so that can be normal too.

~*Kristi*~
Tallulah Dare 8-01,  Marcos Gael 12-04, Cormac Mateo 9-09, Leonidas Ronan 11-11

#4 of 8 Old 01-30-2009, 11:32 PM

Nice to see you finally.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#5 of 8 Old 01-31-2009, 03:37 PM

Welcome! This is baby number 9 for us with the last three being very close together! I am so glad you saw a heartbeat!! :

Amy - Blessed wife to Jesse (the best dad in the world), mother of 10 on earth plus 8 in heaven.   PROUD to be a Catholic! : winner.jpg familybed2.gifhomeschool.gif

#6 of 8 Old 01-31-2009, 07:48 PM

Hi Guin!
I'm also here waiting to welcome B6. Just wanted to say welcome.
Shaunda

Mom to DD 7, DS 6, DD 4.5, DD 2.5, DS 1.5 and expecting DD4 anyday now. Planning my second : and ready for fun!
#7 of 8 Old 01-31-2009, 09:19 PM

and congrats.

my sac is also measuring small, and the midweife has another us ordered for feb 10th to check on it

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#8 of 8 Old 02-01-2009, 02:07 PM

Hi Guin! Congrats!!! : We definately need to get together sometime

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page