Pregnancy After Loss February Thread - Page 3 - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

Old 02-21-2009, 05:23 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
It's so cool that you can see your baby so early! I didn't realize how much better I'd feel after seeing our little bean on the ultrasound. It definitely makes it more real... Only one week to go, and I'll be farther than I got last time!

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2009, 11:58 PM

I see my MW on Tuesday--can't wait to hear the HB.

I feel like I've been feeling "flutters" but don't know if it's just gas or what! 12 weeks is a bit early to feel anything, I know....

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
Old 02-22-2009, 01:32 PM
SMR

ya know Deb.. I swear i've felt this baby about 3 different times! I try to talk myself out of it.. cause I'm 10.5 weeks, ya know!?! BUT I've NEVER had gas that feels like that! The first two times were fluttery feelings.. and the third was a little tap - all in the same area but on different days. hmmm who knows?! We'll feel them for SURE soon enough!! I'll take what I can get though!! This baby HAS to be a big mover.. I won't take no for an answer! Dresden wasn't a super active baby, I WILL bE pestering this one all the time if they don't move! hahah He'll come out and never sleep because of how much I bothered him!

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
Old 02-22-2009, 03:24 PM - Thread Starter

I've felt what I KNOW was movement as early as 11 weeks.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 02-23-2009, 04:19 PM

I swear I thought I felt movement a few times too

Old 02-23-2009, 04:56 PM

I have officially been pregnant longer now than I was before... kind of a weird feeling. I have been stressed this week just thinking about the last one. Very glad to have passed this milestone, and still feeling very pregnant.

I'm also starting to believe that this is really happening. Here's hoping!

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

Old 02-24-2009, 01:50 AM

I see my MW tomorrow....hoping she finds the HB on Doppler.

Old 02-24-2009, 02:39 AM

Me too!!! I posted about this a bit earlier, but I have my first MW appt tomorrow and I am so anxious to hear a heartbeat! I'll only be 9 1/2 weeks so I am really hoping I can hear it. This is my first preg and I am super nervous about something going wrong. . .I used to imagine that once you saw the BFP everything was nesting, growing, glowing, and happy dreams. I had no idea it would be so fraught with worry. . .as my midwife says, I just gotta learn to let go and accept and enjoy the moment. I'm trying. . .

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

Old 02-24-2009, 05:15 PM

kismet, not to discount your worry, but it's a WHOLE different ballgame after you've had a miscarriage.

Old 02-24-2009, 05:17 PM

Well, that little bean played hard to get, but I did manage to hear the HB for about 10 seconds. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

I feel like I can embrace this pregnancy with confidence now.

My MW asked if I had any questions, and I told her my #1 concern leading up to this appt has been hearing the HB, so I really didn't have anything to ask yet--guess I wasn't letting myself go there yet. Didn't want to have questions about a baby that might not exist, if that makes sense.

*breathing a HUGE sigh of relief*

Old 02-24-2009, 05:29 PM

I am probably going to join this particular thread in the September DDC, though my baby is apparently due 10/19- I found out yesterday that (a) baby is in there and has a perfect HR of 118 at 6 weeks, but (b) I have a bicornuate uterus, which was suspected when I lost my son's twin in 2007 and when I miscarried this past August. So now I know why my son was 7 weeks early, and why I went into prodromal labor at 23 weeks. I am expecting this one to be early, now that I know why it happened- I would love to say I can get past 33 weeks, but who knows.

Anyway, if you see my poking my head in, that's why.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 PM

I have read this thread from the beg and i am lifted by stories of hope and happy lil heartbeats.....I hope I can post here ....I had a chemical pregnancy in dec...not sure that counts as a miscarriage but it sure bothered me a while...anyway I had an u/s on 2/19 and showed me at 6 w when I know I am 8w....i will be having another u/s on Thursday to make sure the baby is progressing....all they found was a sac and yolk,no h/b...yet....but i have read where at 6 weeks or even before they can hear a h/b.....maybe the u/s equipment was not as good....anyway I have been in pins and needles all week...only 2 more days to go but I feel so nervous and I am pesimistic by nature so that does not help....please cross your fingers for a h/b or for progression when I go back........ i can't stand this wait

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

Old 02-24-2009, 09:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by deymm View Post
Well, that little bean played hard to get, but I did manage to hear the HB for about 10 seconds. HALLELUJAH!!!!!!!

Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlumofUF View Post
I have read this thread from the beg and i am lifted by stories of hope and happy lil heartbeats.....I hope I can post here ....I had a chemical pregnancy in dec...not sure that counts as a miscarriage but it sure bothered me a while...anyway I had an u/s on 2/19 and showed me at 6 w when I know I am 8w....i will be having another u/s on Thursday to make sure the baby is progressing....all they found was a sac and yolk,no h/b...yet....but i have read where at 6 weeks or even before they can hear a h/b.....maybe the u/s equipment was not as good....anyway I have been in pins and needles all week...only 2 more days to go but I feel so nervous and I am pesimistic by nature so that does not help....please cross your fingers for a h/b or for progression when I go back........ i can't stand this wait
Hi! I would certainly consider a chemical pragnancy to be a loss Sending positive vibes your way for a heartbeat & healthy baby next time you go.

Old 02-24-2009, 09:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SMR View Post
ya know Deb.. I swear i've felt this baby about 3 different times! I try to talk myself out of it.. cause I'm 10.5 weeks, ya know!?! BUT I've NEVER had gas that feels like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by lisa_nc View Post
I've felt what I KNOW was movement as early as 11 weeks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie View Post
I swear I thought I felt movement a few times too
I've felt movement earlier and earlier with each babe. With this one, though, it feels like a particular gift, given the cramping and spotting I've had, to have felt my first little flutters last week, at 8 wks. And it was most definitely NOT gas -- once you've felt movement before, you know what it feels like; it's really unlike anything else. I was shocked, but feel tremendously blessed that however long I get with this pg (still hoping a good long time), that I got to feel movement.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahDC View Post
I have officially been pregnant longer now than I was before... kind of a weird feeling. I have been stressed this week just thinking about the last one. Very glad to have passed this milestone, and still feeling very pregnant.

I'm also starting to believe that this is really happening. Here's hoping!
I'm right there with you, Sarah. Yesterday marked the day, gestation-wise, that I found out my last pg wasn't viable. So I'm now officially one whole day MORE pg than last time around, and like you, feeling every inch of it. Hooray! And ugh, sooo naueous still...

Quote:
Originally Posted by deymm View Post

*breathing a HUGE sigh of relief*
That is fantastic news; breathing that sigh right along with you! My next appt. isn't for another 2 weeks, when we'll try to hear the hb via doppler for the first time. And I'm nervous, too, even though I had a successful u/s just last week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemamarach View Post
I am probably going to join this particular thread in the September DDC, though my baby is apparently due 10/19- I found out yesterday that (a) baby is in there and has a perfect HR of 118 at 6 weeks, but (b) I have a bicornuate uterus, which was suspected when I lost my son's twin in 2007 and when I miscarried this past August. So now I know why my son was 7 weeks early, and why I went into prodromal labor at 23 weeks. I am expecting this one to be early, now that I know why it happened- I would love to say I can get past 33 weeks, but who knows.

Please poke your head in as much as you want! And I'm thrilled for you and your little hb! : I'm so sorry for all the heartache the bicornate uterus has caused you, but I'm happy you finally have a definitive answer as to what happened, even if it's not the greatest news. Were they able to check on where in the uterus baby has implanted, to possibly predict if it's likely to be more or less problematic? I have an acquaintance who I know has this issue and has had several m/c's as a result, although she also has 4 healthy, living children (and I don't necessarily think they were preemies, either.) Her biggest complication was that she ended up having all c/s births, which she told me was due to the bicornate uterus. I would love you to get past 33 wks., too, mama!

Quote:
Hoping for good news for you; please keep us posted!

Well, I've still been trying to keep my neutral, non-excited approach to this pg, but the cracks are starting to show. I'm starting to get very invested, indeed, so I really hope it's going to work out. I catch myself daydreaming about baby names and baby diapers and a new little sibling for my children, and I can't seem to stop. I'm even buying some gorgeous wool yarn (all in boy colors, too, what's up with that?) via a coop with thoughts of newborn longies and soakers swirling in my brain. Whoa, mama! I'm getting way ahead of myself. I know this. But I can't help it; I can't hold myself at a distance forever. And this first trimester sure feels like forever at this point!

Guin

caffix.giftoddler.gifnocirc.gifBusy, grateful mama to: Kieran (12); Hanna (10); Cameron (8);
Charlotte (6);Sophie (5) Down Syndrome & so beautiful! brokenheart.gif(9/08), & rainbow1284.gifDuncan 8/26/09
Old 02-25-2009, 12:35 AM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by preemiemamarach View Post

Here's to a nice, long gestation!

Quote:
Fingers crossed for you!

I am trying to be good. I looked at baby clothes today, but couldn't get myself to buy anything. I thought, "I don't want to look at that if the baby dies." Then I sort of mentally slapped myself. I am trying to love and appreciate the time I have and hope for a good outcome. The baby deserves it.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
Old 02-26-2009, 02:09 AM

[QUOTE=Guinevere;13252017]I've felt movement earlier and earlier with each babe. With this one, though, it feels like a particular gift, given the cramping and spotting I've had, to have felt my first little flutters last week, at 8 wks. And it was most definitely NOT gas -- once you've felt movement before, you know what it feels like; it's really unlike anything else. I was shocked, but feel tremendously blessed that however long I get with this pg (still hoping a good long time), that I got to feel movement.

I find this so amazing, 8 weeks!!! Gives me hope, I don't recall feeling it with mine til 12-13 or so!! I so wish you a good 40 weeks to enjoy this feeling!

Hoping for good news for you; please keep us posted!

Well, I've still been trying to keep my neutral, non-excited approach to this pg, but the cracks are starting to show. I'm starting to get very invested, indeed, so I really hope it's going to work out. I catch myself daydreaming about baby names and baby diapers and a new little sibling for my children, and I can't seem to stop. I'm even buying some gorgeous wool yarn (all in boy colors, too, what's up with that?) via a coop with thoughts of newborn longies and soakers swirling in my brain. Whoa, mama! I'm getting way ahead of myself. I know this. But I can't help it; I can't hold myself at a distance forever. And this first trimester sure feels like forever at this point!

I can understand this, I have tried not to think about anyting baby but is hard, how cute of buying in boy colors, are your instincts trying to tell you something?

Mom to 5 little angels in Texas and expecting another blessing in Summer 2012!!:

Old 02-26-2009, 02:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliMommie View Post
Yay for hearing the heartbeat!

Hi! I would certainly consider a chemical pragnancy to be a loss Sending positive vibes your way for a heartbeat & healthy baby next time you go.
thank you all for the well wishes, I cant wait til tomorrow! i will be so paranoid up til then!!!! UGH!! Hope I have good news!!

Old 02-26-2009, 12:14 PM
SMR

Lisa - don't feel bad about thinking that... I think it too. I won't buy anything for this baby.. Since Dresden died at 39 weeks, I was completely ready for him to come home. The clothes were all washed and ready to be worn, I'd bought a giant sams club box of diapers, 2 new slings, a breast pump.... all that stuff is still in the closet. We put the bigger stuff (car seat, swing etc) back up in the attic a couple of weeks after he died. That was so hard.. I'm glad that most of this stuff was Gwen's too.. so when we do bring it back down, it's not just a complete reminder of Dresden never using it.. Shaun and I decided that this time we aren't bringing ANYTHING down.. well, just the car seat (which we'd even installed last time - imagine how horrible that was! Luckily my sister took it out of our van, so we didn't have to drive home with an empty seat) So, that will go right over to my inlaws, who will be taking care of Gwen during my c-section... IF we need it, they'll bring it. I am making one thing for this baby though... I've learned to crochet a baby hat, and I want to make something special for the baby... even if they don't make it, it would be something I made on thier darling little head, and not something that the hospital put there. It probably sounds morbid to normal people.. but I think it's just part of me now, so I go with it. I'm mostly positive, but I'm well aware of things now... Like that halloween thread... I thought the exact same thing last year, and I just can't allow myself to think that far ahead now..

Shannon Shaun - DH (and boyfriend since I was 16). my sweet Gwen 1/1/06 missing Dresden born sleeping 39 weeks 9/9/08 :, Delaney is scheduled to arrive 8/31/09 Odin&Loki :
Old 02-26-2009, 12:31 PM

I'm also NOT buying anything for this baby until at least 20w. Last time I had bought a few things by now and it was so hard to see those unused things in the closet. I will hopfully get to use them this time. I wasn't even sure that I would try again after my m/c. I am sure that if this one doesn't work out I will send dh to get snipped. I know it sounds drastic but I just couldn't do it again...

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
Old 02-26-2009, 02:03 PM

I won't be buying a thing for this baby until after 24 weeks, minimum. Too difficult to consider what I'd have to do with the stuff otherwise. My son is only 19 months old, though, so I don't need too much.

Guin, I realized i never answered your question- this baby is implanted in the bottom half of my uterus, well below (for now) the separate lobes. It's exactly where my son was implanted, which is reassuring.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:54 PM

I posted this in the pregnancy loss forum, but thought I would repost here too

I'm still here, I'm sorry I haven't posted much. I was very tired and pretty sick during my first trimester. I went to the drs today for a 12 week US and everything looks great and the baby looks healthy. He set a birth plan for me to go back for a 18 US, 32 week US, non stress tests starting weekly at 32 weeks, US at 37 weeks and an Amnio to see if the baby is developed and they will induce.

I go to the midwifery group on Monday & hopefully they will be sticking with this plan. It seems very strange to want an induction after having and believing so strongly in homebirthing, but a healthy baby is the key in the end and I don't think I can mentally handle going past 37 weeks.
Old 02-26-2009, 07:08 PM

just wanted to say thank you for the well wishes, I went for my u/s today to see about progressing and the tech was quiet ...too quiet...I thought I saw something but apparently not so she said it stopped progressing , it still shows 6 weeks (like a week ago) where I should be 9 weeks (according to my calculations)....so I was sent home to miscarry naturally in no more than 4 weeks...then I go back for other options....

I hope everyone here has a happy and healthy pregnancy for atleast 40 weeks! Thank You all.

Old 02-26-2009, 07:24 PM

I'm so sorry. As your can guess, we are all terrified about the same thing happening to us. Thanks for the good wishes.

Wishing you the best.

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:27 PM

Faby, I am so sorry.
Old 02-27-2009, 09:48 PM

Faby sending you lots of love - so sorry for your loss. Take good care of yourself.

Part time working mama to my awesome 2 yr old dd, and newborn ds hbac.gif

angel1.gif 8/08

User Tag List