Spotting After Whoopie? - Mothering Forums

Forum Jump: 

#1 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 11:43 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
And I don't mean Goldberg.

This morning I finally took one for the team. Its been about 2 wks since we've knocked on wood and my husband was throwing himself around the house so pathetically this morning I figured I'd throw the poor guy a bone. Or rather, he threw me a bone. You get the point.

So afterwards - when I go to the bathroom, I have some fleshy tinged CM and a few pieces of fleshy/pink clots or tissue. Very small.

My question is - is this normal? I've never been pregnant before. I'm just about 7wks...I don't have any cramping and haven't bled at all since I got my BFP.

What the dealio?

32 - son born 9/21/09
#2 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 12:55 PM - Thread Starter

NO ONE has had this happen??

Awesome! :

32 - son born 9/21/09
#3 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 01:01 PM

Normal! And your post made me laugh!

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#4 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 01:03 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Well hello Zen!

Not in you DDC, obviously... But, more than likely perfectly normal. Everything is really engorged down there, to really easy to disturb the tender tissue and have a little pink after being thrown a bone. Happened to me 3 or 4 times in my 1st trimester.

Try not to worry. Especially if there is no cramping or anything.

P.S. OMG, I'm so happy for you!
#5 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 01:05 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shonahsmom View Post
Well hello Zen!

Not in you DDC, obviously... But, more than likely perfectly normal. Everything is really engorged down there, to really easy to disturb the tender tissue and have a little pink after being thrown a bone. Happened to me 3 or 4 times in my 1st trimester.

Try not to worry. Especially if there is no cramping or anything.

P.S. OMG, I'm so happy for you!
YAY!!! Its so good to see you!!!

:

And Lisa, THANK YOU! I just need to hear that.

32 - son born 9/21/09
#6 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 03:22 PM

LMAO zenproof- your post cracked me up!

Seriously, though, I did experience something similiar post-BD (like the next morning). My spotting was very light and brown, and just enough that it was noticeable. According to everything I've read, (particularly the Sears' Pregnancy Book), that's normal. There's such an increased blood flow in that area during pregnancy that it's not unusual to experience light spotting.

Running, blogging, gardening, military mama... to Louisa Mae 9/2/09 and June Elizabeth 12/7/10. 
#7 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 03:23 PM

hi Zenproof!

I also had spotting after sex, though mine was more like a dark brown mucous, but it freaked me out too. And don't worry too much if we don't respond super-quick -- I was left hanging with a question about no symptoms for like a day before any mamas jumped on it, and I think I was just assuming that everyone else was checking, oh, 80 times an hour like I was!!!
#8 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 03:31 PM

it's normal.

but if you want to put your husband off of wanting to have more sex with you, just let him know what happened afterwards, or better still, show it to him.

#9 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 04:46 PM

Yep, it's happened to us with my previous pregnancies. Totally turns dh off of wanting to throw any bones while I'm pregnant. When I was pregnant w/ ds2 I had some pretty significant bright red blood and tissue afterward at around 11 weeks pregnant. He was fine. Turns out that at that point I had a previa (ended up moving in the end) in addition to my usual "friable" pregnant cervix. Icky and scary, but totally normal.
#10 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 05:47 PM - Thread Starter

Hey, thank you guys so much for the feedback. I needed to hear some stories!

CrunchyB - thats exactly how mine was. Not really BLOOD..just kinda pinky/brownish dull looking mucous that came out with the sperm. Sorry if thats tmi.

Elliesmom - I said something to my husband after I noticed and asked him if he saw any blood when he was cleaning up...and he said 'kinda sorta'. So I think he already knew. Although..I hate to say it, but that wouldn't put him off. He doesn't get grossed out easily. I've asked that we hold off until my first appt next week so I can see what the midwife says, which he was totally cool with. We may just have to chose some less DEEP positions. The ones they like the least. haaaa.

It wasn't all that enjoyable anyway - the m/s pretty much puts me in an ANTI-BOINKING mood. :Puke

32 - son born 9/21/09
#11 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 09:38 PM

whoopie? what's that?

I've seriously been too pukey to even think about it. ugh. DH can take care of himself just fine for the time being.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#12 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 10:04 PM

I want all of you to go have Whoopie just for me. I miss it. Feel sorry for me and go take advantage of your SOs.

Minions...I've got minions. Sheepish.gifblahblah.gifangel2.gifkid.gif  And dogs.  
#13 of 26 Old 02-06-2009, 11:19 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcytrue View Post
whoopie? what's that?

I've seriously been too pukey to even think about it. ugh. DH can take care of himself just fine for the time being.

ditto

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#14 of 26 Old 02-07-2009, 11:45 AM

Hey! Me too!

I got some last night, and noticed some bleeding this morning (12 hours later)

so far its just on the tissue... I REALLY hope it goes away!

0****5****10****15****20****25****30****35****403rdtri.gif

#15 of 26 Old 02-13-2009, 06:13 PM

I am STILL spotting.

Tomorrow will be 1 week. It's been mostly brown, but once in a while I'll get some red/pink. It's never picked up to a flow though...

#16 of 26 Old 02-13-2009, 11:24 PM

We just "did it" this afternoon. Right before we finished, I noticed that it felt very wet underneath me. Once we were done, I found I was laying in a puddle of bright red blood!! I freaked out, obviously, and called my midwife.

She said that even with as much blood as I had (and there was a LOT; there's no way I could even consider this "spotting"), as long as there were no clots or cramps, it's within the realm of normal. I was totally convinced that I was miscarrying again, even after I talked to her... But now, about 5 hours later, there no bleeding or anything. She said that sometimes little pockets of blood and tissue can form inside your vagina during pregnancy, and having sex will cause them to burst. It still seems odd to me, especially since this wasn't the first time we'd BD'd since I got pregnant.

Very strange... And scary!

Strong single mama to Ethan (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)
#17 of 26 Old 02-15-2009, 08:34 PM

oh gosh diana! that's sounds so scary!

I just looked up this thread because I'm having spotting after DH and i dtd yesterday afternoon. -- but the scary thing is that it seems to be getting worse- not better.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#18 of 26 Old 02-23-2009, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
oh no! texmati, are you doing better now? My sister showed me this thread because I had some bright red blood mixed with ..well..., probably aftermath spermies. DH and I got it on yesterday afternoon, and the doc says that's probably it, but she's going to give me an ultrasound this afternoon to be sure. I haven't had one yet and I'm 9 weeks today or tomorrow. (that's really nice of her to squeeze me in!!!) I panicked this morning, of course, crying and waking up DH. Come to think of it, though, I think I felt DH hitting the back of my vag cavity yesterday...sorry, TMI. Thanks so much for all the stories!!! Hopefully it's just normal for me, too.

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#19 of 26 Old 02-23-2009, 06:54 PM

I'm fine! The two time of spotting was it. I didn't even call my cnm... I dunno why. I hope your ultrasound goes well! I had one the next day after the spotting (prescheduled for dating purposes), and it was great to see the baby in there.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#20 of 26 Old 02-24-2009, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
I'm so glad you're fine, tex. I'm not. No babybeat. I don't know how to process this. :

Our little miracles are here!!joy.gif
energy.gif DD Born 7/15/11 biggrinbounce.gif DS Born 4/3/13
love.giflove.gif Keep growing healthy and strong, beautiful little fighter babies!!!

Auntie to Nell, Greta, Maggie, and Elsa!

Remembering our 3 losses

#21 of 26 Old 02-24-2009, 11:21 PM

I'm sorry Tear

I've been spotting on and off for WEEKS now - maybe almost a month. I'm almost getting used to it - I've always spotted with my other pregnancies, but only a LITTLE bit. It seems that anything I do (have an O, have an us, try to hear baby's heartbeat with dopplar - ANYTHING) makes me spot following.

Needless to say we are on a TOTAL hiatus - only now that the ms has SLIGHTLY let up am I suggesting 'alternate options', iykwim And I'm not usually very adventurous, but I feel bad for the guy!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#22 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 10:26 AM

Julia!

I have also been spotting for weeks. Even so I've been to the midwife and heard the heart beat I am still not ready for DTD.

What is going on in there?!

#23 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 12:24 PM

BEcky - Not THAT adventurous!!!!!! I'm still a prude at heart, really

I don't know what the heck this kid is up to in there - but I keep thinking that once the sac totally fills up my uterus, it'll stop but it STILL hasn't. Making me bonkers!!!! I'm definitely not ready to dtd either - and dh doesn't want me freaking out even more, so he's not suggesting it either.

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#24 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 05:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tear78 View Post
I'm so glad you're fine, tex. I'm not. No babybeat. I don't know how to process this. :

Oh honey!!! I"m sorry I didn't see this earlier! I'm so, so very sorry. s.

#25 of 26 Old 02-25-2009, 10:57 PM

I had some gushes of blood today, so I called my midwife. We talked about how we did hear the heartbeat on Sunday... but this spotting has been going on for weeks. So we decided to get some peace of mind, I should go see my OB.

So I'll be doing that tomorrow, most likely with a US.

I hope it's just a chorionic hemorrhage, and it will go away very soon.

#26 of 26 Old 02-27-2009, 09:21 AM

So I saw my OB yesterday and they did an ultrasound.... everything is FINE!

The bleeding is not coming from the placenta or anywhere inside my uterus... just some bleeding from my cervix.

The DR was very nice and said he didn't see any reason that I couldn't have a home birth with a midwife, if that was what I really wanted!

Quick Reply
Drag files here to attach!
Upload Progress: 0
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page