Mothering Forum banner

craving frozen stuff?

573 views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  robbins611 
#1 ·
Is anyone else craving frozen stuff? I don't mean ice cream. I've been chomping on crushed ice water, coke and pepsi icees from the gas station (yum!), cherry shaved ice. OMG this stuff is soooo good. It's like nothing else can hit the spot. I'm wondering if anyone else is doing this. I never went through this with my other two. It was always food I craved.

#2 ·
not this time - I pretty much RUINED my teeth bc I was like that my ENTIRE pregnancy with Grace! I read somewhere that it's a calcium/protein need or something like that (craving ice type things), but nothing seemed to help alleviate my NEED to crunch!

#3 ·
With my second it was like I couldn't breathe unless I was chomping ice all day long. I literally felt like I was going to suffocate until I was able to get a huge cup of ice.
I've also been told that it's a sign of anemia. I never had anemia but was borderline for most of my pregnancy.
Have you been tested for it?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.