I'm so sick and tired.... - Mothering Forums
Forum Jump: 

#1 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 05:40 PM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
of being sick and tired!!!!

I just want some energy. And I feel sore, like I've been working out even though I haven't. And stupid me-- I'm at work, and I can't find the prenatal vitamins I was supposed to take during lunch.

I was complaining this morning, and DH said, "Well, you didn't think you were getting a baby for free, did you?"

How is everyone else feeling?

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#2 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
i hope you feel better.
#3 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 06:37 PM
ber

I've felt like crap for a solid month now - nauseated & tired. The 1st trimester is such a head-trip!

M, mom to DS1 (8 yrs), DS2 (5 yrs), and DS3 (2 yrs).

#4 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 06:58 PM

I feel for you. While my nausea has dissipated somewhat I'm still exhausted all the time. Just looking forward to the second trimester energy boost! During my last pregnancy I slept through most of my 1st trimester, but had so much energy in my 2nd that I ripped out and remodeled our bathroom! Things will start looking up soon
#5 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 07:02 PM

I hear ya Tex. The daily dry heaves really need to stop. I want to nap all day long. I have lost 7 lbs because nothing is appealing to my taste buds (or my tummy).

I can't wait to feel better! I remember the 2nd tri being a reprieve during my last pregnancy too. Hoping it's the same this time.

~ deb, BFAR mommy to ds1 Dec 7, 2003, Jan 08, ds2 Sept 20, 2009
#6 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 07:04 PM

I hear you. I'm actually rooting for 3rd trimester. with both of my previous pg, I didn't get that energy boost until the 3rd tri... also had nausea thru most of the 2nd tri.

My family: me jog.gif, dh geek.gif, ds reading.gif (11), dd1 hearts.gif (9), and dd2 energy.gif(3).

Tout va s'arranger à la fin. Si elle ne fonctionne pas; ce n'est pas la fin.

#7 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 07:12 PM

Yep, I hear ya. Thank goodness for naps on weekends, because I NEED them! I WOH, so that gives me routine and structure to my day, which actually helps, but if I have a moment or two at work where I have little to do, I really struggle! And unfortunately with my youngest still recovering from a recent really bad illness and hospitalization, he's been waking up 5-6 times a night, so I'm not getting good sleep then either. Ugh.

For me the second trimester is better, but then the third hits and I hate it all again. The nausea returns, the joint pains start, the contractions start, the heartburn, the tiny bladder... Isn't it September yet?????

Mommy to BigBoy Ian (3-17-05) ; LittleBoy Connor (3-3-07) (DiGeorge/VCFS):; BabyBoy Gavin (10-3-09) x3 AngelBaby (1-7-06)
#8 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ber View Post
I've felt like crap for a solid month now - nauseated & tired. The 1st trimester is such a head-trip!
same here. The m/s kicked in the day after I got my positive HPT around 5 weeks.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#9 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 08:15 PM

So sorry you're feeling awful

I am miserable and since the really bad nausea/vomiting always lasts till at least 14wks, I've got 6 more weeks of this. Being pg with #4 is way harder than when I only had 1 or 2 other kids to take care of. I'm so exhausted and tired of being sick that I want to cry. Then I remember how grateful I am to be pregnant, and to be able to hear this baby's heartbeat, and how many other women ache to hold a baby in their womb. Then I feel guilty for being so miserable about how awful I feel. Double edged sword, I guess.

Half-marathon running Mommy to 3 spunky girls and 1 sweet boy. Spending my days and nights where my kids need me most- at home with them!!

#10 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 08:57 PM

I hear you! I have such bad m/s that I can barely keep water down. Not crackers, not soup, not ginger ale, nothing... Add to that the lack of caffiene since I can't stomach coffee, ang this semester has been hard! On the other hand, the major symptoms have helped me to not stress so much about the possibility of another m/c.

#11 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 09:37 PM

So sorry that you're all still feeling so sick.

I was feeling terrible - m/s all day and extreme fatigue, until suddenly 4 days ago things started to get better. (I stopped taking my prenatal, which may have something to do with it) Today I actually cooked a decent meal and ate really well - AND don't feel nauseated! I even have a little more energy. I'm 11 weeks.

I really hope you all start to feel better soon.

Erin

Mama to DS 02/15/06, and DD born 08/31/09!
#12 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 09:39 PM

I hear you! I feel so miserable and it's so depressing. I just want to feel semi-human again.

proud mama to: DD (8/02), DS (12/03), DS (11/06), DS (9/09) and pos.gif EDD 11/1

#13 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 10:24 PM

I should let my 5 year old daughter tell you how I feel. It sounds like a twisted thing, but she and I have been playing a game lately called, "How bad does mommy feel?"

"Do you know how I'm feeling right now, sweetie?"

"Well, mommy... I think you feel a lot like poo that came from a bird flying in the sky and then it dropped down onto your head then fell onto the ground and got stepped on."

"Wow! That's is JUST how I am feeling today!"

Hey... I'll take anything that can add a giggle to my otherwise pukey day.

Hmmmm... but how to keep her from sharing our game with her preschool friends?

Ali - Wife to Steve and mom to Zoe - age 7, and Ezra - 17 months (9/2009)
#14 of 27 Old 02-18-2009, 11:43 PM

I had to share that one with dh

Yeah - ITA, I'm sick of feeling sick, that's for sure! I can't wait to feel better - for SURE!

Julia(34), Mommy to: Maddie(10), Grace(6), Charlotte (3) and our only Little Man (due 2/23). 

It's a crazy life!

#15 of 27 Old 02-19-2009, 09:58 AM

I'm in the same boat. Tired and sick most of the time. This lasted to about 18w with ds! Yuck!

Mama to sweet Joey (01/27/06), rainbow1284.gif VBAC baby Rita born 09/12/09!
#16 of 27 Old 02-19-2009, 01:00 PM

I really dont have an appetite but I do eat. I dont want to cook and I have zero inspiration for meals for the family.

I have been puking every day right as I am about to sit down to dinner with the kids. Thats real fun.

I am tired.

My legs are all achey. All the way from my hips/butt down to my knees. Its both my legs but more so on my right side. My legs feel fatigued like I ran a marathon or something. My pelvis is loosey goosey too. I remember feeling a little bit like this in my pervious pregnancies but it was much much later. Maybe cuz this is #4? I dont know. I do have a routine appt today so I will mention it. It concerns me and the more research I do the more I dont want to read. Scary stuff the internet is.
#17 of 27 Old 02-19-2009, 01:37 PM

Add me to the sick and tired list. I have been in bed flat on my back for almost the whole day for 5 weeks. I am 12 weeks now and so ready to get my life back. Even just a little bit of my life back would be fine for now! I have not left the house in a month and feel like I am withering away.

Maria :, mom to 4 cuties with 1 sweet hubby
doula, childbirth educator and midwife wanne-be!
#18 of 27 Old 02-19-2009, 02:55 PM

Me too...

I feel like all I'm doing is whining and complaining. I tolerate pain well, but I fall apart from the little stuff I've been nauseous for about 3 weeks now, especially when there's no food in my belly. Or, if I eat too much I feel sick too. I've thrown up three times, once this morning. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. Plus, I'm tired ALL THE TIME.

We should throw ourselves a pity party...!

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#19 of 27 Old 02-19-2009, 08:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by noodlegirl View Post
I have not left the house in a month and feel like I am withering away.
really?! You poor thing. I have to get out of the house at least one time per day, even if it's just to ride up the road to the mailbox. I'd go insane if I didn't. I'm actually getting sick and tired of my bed and my room.

Proud *single* mom to 3 amazing kiddos
#20 of 27 Old 02-21-2009, 12:38 PM

How is everyone feeling today?

At my appt they said my achiness is normal for being pregnant with #4 in a relatively short period of time. I do feel a little bit better today. So far so good.

Hope everyone has a good weekend.
#21 of 27 Old 02-21-2009, 01:17 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post
Me too...

I feel like all I'm doing is whining and complaining. I tolerate pain well, but I fall apart from the little stuff I've been nauseous for about 3 weeks now, especially when there's no food in my belly. Or, if I eat too much I feel sick too. I've thrown up three times, once this morning. I can't seem to figure out what triggers it. Plus, I'm tired ALL THE TIME.

We should throw ourselves a pity party...!
Oh... I'm so sorry!

I've been feeling much better this morning. I went to bed at 8:45 last night. I was just exhausted. I woke up at 8:00 this morning! I normally sleep half that much. But all in all feeling pretty good.

Does anyone know what is up with the soreness? I've done absolutley nothing, but my muscles are still sore. But at least I can keep my eyes open.

Texmati-- Knitter, Hindu, vegetarian, WOHM. Wife to superdadsuperhero.gif and mom to DS babyf.gif24 months, and DD boc.gif 8 months! .

#22 of 27 Old 02-21-2009, 03:58 PM

Tex - I'm sore too, especially my abs. I'm guessing it's because of everything moving around in there to make room for a baby??

I've been feeling much better yesterday and today, aside from a gagging fit set off by dirty dishes in the kitchen sink... I've been taking my B6 again, which seems to help. I even had some coffee yesterday I'm still tired, but that doesn't set in until about 7 pm, so at least I can do things during the day. If I can keep the nausea under control, I'll be thrilled. At least symptoms mean that I'm really pregnant; last time by now all my symptoms had gone away.

Now if I could just get rid of my moody, feel-sorry-for-myself days...

Married to my loving hubby, proud mama to Ethan thumbsuck.gif (9/09) and Rowyn (7/12)slinggirl.gif  and aspiring homesteader chicken3.gif

Missing my twins, Owen and Sophia, born too soon, July 2011 angel2.gifangel3.gif

#23 of 27 Old 02-21-2009, 04:28 PM

My abs have been really sore too, which I thought was really strange. When I do the cat-back stretches, its as if I have done 50 sit-ups with how tight and sore I feel (but believe me, I only wish I could do 50 sit-ups!).

And I am definitely tired of being sick and tired. I am a graduate student and its been a real chore to keep up with my studies when all I want to do is sleep and never think about food (except when I'm starving, which is any moment I don't feel queasy).

Pregnancy is not nearly as romantic as I'd imagined

photosmile2.gif Me= crunchy mama to one rambunctious toddler, born on October 1, 2009. And one sweet little baby born January 19, 2012. heartbeat.gif

#24 of 27 Old 02-21-2009, 05:12 PM

add me. i am *still* exhausted, and now to add to the nausea i've dealt with from early on i threw up today. i had been sick the whole time with my first 2 kids, and that was my big thing is "i haven't thrown up at all! " had to open my big mouth, huh? and i had heartburn last night from out of nowhere! it was horrible.

i've been using food to control my nausea, and it worked great til today. i've already gained weight and am only 12 wks along.

l, <>< wife to my sweetie, proud mama to 3 cubs, 2 who clw & 1 that i i ep for . baby was evicted early by induction due to severe pre-e/hellp syndrome
#25 of 27 Old 02-22-2009, 11:59 AM

add me to the list after a week of feeling ok-ish, i've had two weeks of total exhaustion and horrible nausea in the evenings... using ending with vomiting after dinner... my nausea seems to be worse on the days i work.

the exhaustion is like nothing i've experienced! the feeling of tiredness isn't at all like being tired from lack of sleep or overexertion... sometimes when i lie down i don't feel like i can make myself get up... i'm just too tired to even move. i have been sleeping more through the night, which is great... only waking up once to pee as opposed to the insomnia i had early on...
i've finally allowed my self to let chores and meal prep slide ... usually i'm so on top of everything, but i just don't have the energy any more...

i hope all of us feel more energetic and less icky soon
#26 of 27 Old 02-24-2009, 12:44 PM - Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by kismetbaby View Post
Pregnancy is not nearly as romantic as I'd imagined
Tell me about it! No wonder people don't want you tell until the 2nd trimester! They don't want to hear you complain!

#27 of 27 Old 02-24-2009, 04:16 PM

just in the past week or two i have been getting the all day all night nausea and exhaustion. exhaustion like --- my eyes hurt, all the time.

serves me right for being all "oh no i feel GREAT" for the first 9 or so weeks!!

this is also so so much harder with a toddler around but he's a good distraction too

living in the with DH, DS (5-30-07) and DD (9-26-09) don't forget the dogs, cat, fish, toads and geckos.....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Mothering Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page